Votes: 3 1.4%

Votes: 5 2.4%

Votes: 6 2.8%

Votes: 3 1.4%

Votes: 5 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

Vote ending tomorrow, new competition also starting tomorrow!

Hope you all enjoy the new rules.

DeletedUser13020

I still don't understand how #1 got so many votes. Now I hate cats even more, oh well....

Hurray new rules, I wonder what the theme will be this month.

DeletedUser

Aye, not to mention #1 should be disqualified for not providing source pics (don't know if it was offered up later, via private chat with Gem).

DeletedUser

I was wondering if #1 was still part of the competition since the picture isn't there anymore (unless it's just something messed up on my computer.)

DeletedUser

Aye, not to mention #1 should be disqualified for not providing source pics (don't know if it was offered up later, via private chat with Gem).

I don't see it either!!
*Demands disqualification!*:mad:
I've asked to DQ it, at the very early stage when the competition started.. but no one listens to the poor doctor. :sad:

That is not a source link, This is only the link to the signature... So as Gem said, no source = no entry, shouldn't that signature be removed?

;)
First no source, now no signature?!?

DQ DQ DQ!!!!

DeletedUser

I apologize for my bad attitude in the last competition.
My reasons were as an Professional Artist I make sure I don't infringe the copyright on anybodies work ever, it thats what it seems I was accused of.
To me its not the Case as a BioHazard Icon isn't copyrighted as some ones 'Own' Work'

I offer my sincere apologizes to you Gem personally, I hope you can at lest understand why I was enraged in part and took the omission in last months competitions as a slight to my integrity as an Artist.

Not to mention I told my town to check out this months entry.

at 38 I am not childish, more passionate :blink:
:blushg:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't think it is a copyright thing, i assume that providing the source pics proves that you actually constructed the sig yourself rather than entering someone else's already made one.

DeletedUser

Aye, there were blatant instances, in past contests, where people posted other people's work as their own. Copyright is always an issue, but the purpose of showing your sources is to demonstrate originality and to discourage plagiarism.

DeletedUser

Yup

Previous months entries had people stealing other people works from Deviant Art and changing them a little. thats why I considered my entry not needing source images as I had taken my source straight from The West game apart from a biohazard icon.

Of course The West itself is probably a copyrighted image so really I didn't stand a chance.

As for wether I did my own work, I have posted some of My Work in this Forum and linked to my MySpace which has more.
Thw validity of My Artistic Abilities are shown recorded, so anyone could see I was able to make a simple signature.

Lest of course I have stolen those works on MYSpace and DeviantArt and claimed them as my own.

lolz

But now it doesn't matter , I offered my apologies is all,

DeletedUser

Meh, whatever.

Look, I posted lots of my previous work in another thread, but I still provided sources pics when I used things not created from scratch. If you think you're above all that, fine, but your ego wasn't supposed to be part of this contest. It was for fun, not for idolization or temper tantrums.

You apologize, but then follow up with saying you're not participating anymore and you don't feel welcome. That's not an apology, that's a stage in the 12-step program for anger management. This community isn't here as part of your treatment program, this isn't a group therapy session. You want to apologize, fine, you don't want to participate again, fine, but don't mix the two because it makes for a disingenuous apology.

Seriously, this thread, this contest, isn't about you, so don't make it about you (your sig entry wasn't even all that good, and it sure didn't take much effort). Gratz to the winner(s) and I can't wait to see how Gem sets up the rules for the next contest. :)

DeletedUser2676

There's a way to avoid that. All you need to do is come up with a theme + a render/stock. This way you get to see how far a person is creative and skilled in his/her work without worrying about copyrights :)
The current voting system has a flaw but I can't wait to see how gem's changed the rules :D

DeletedUser13113

Previous months entries had people stealing other people works from Deviant Art and changing them a little. thats why I considered my entry not needing source images as I had taken my source straight from The West game apart from a biohazard icon.

Nobody knows how you created your entry. For all anybody knew, you found the entry on a google image search and just copied it and put it into the contest. or maybe you found it on deviantart. That's the whole reason you were supposed to include your sources.

As for wether I did my own work, I have posted some of My Work in this Forum and linked to my MySpace which has more.
Thw validity of My Artistic Abilities are shown recorded, so anyone could see I was able to make a simple signature.

All that means is that you've made some sigs in the past. The validity of your artistic abilities has nothing to do with each piece you create. Just because you CAN create a simple signature doesn't mean that you created the signature you are presenting as your own. It only means that you can create a simple signature.

On the other hand, I feel that #1 should be disqualified, simple because they did not provide a source image, only a link to the same sig, which is against the rules of this contest. If your sig wasn't included, it is only fair to extend that to all the entries.

DeletedUser

what whos talking to you kid

:razz:
Meh, whatever.

Look, I posted lots of my previous work in another thread, but I still provided sources pics when I used things not created from scratch. If you think you're above all that, fine, but your ego wasn't supposed to be part of this contest. It was for fun, not for idolization or temper tantrums.

You apologize, but then follow up with saying you're not participating anymore and you don't feel welcome. That's not an apology, that's a stage in the 12-step program for anger management. This community isn't here as part of your treatment program, this isn't a group therapy session. You want to apologize, fine, you don't want to participate again, fine, but don't mix the two because it makes for a disingenuous apology.

Seriously, this thread, this contest, isn't about you, so don't make it about you (your sig entry wasn't even all that good, and it sure didn't take much effort). Gratz to the winner(s) and I can't wait to see how Gem sets up the rules for the next contest. :)

I was replying to this..
I don't think it is a copyright thing, i assume that providing the source pics proves that you actually constructed the sig yourself rather than entering someone else's already made one.

Like he assumed something I also assumed something was all I was getting at.'
So my apology when on too long I realized that this morning that I should have said my piece and left it at that. I was thinking after I had the hooha and I got upset .
'If I had in fact started from scratch and drawn, inked and coloured my own sig; I could in no way prove ownership? , because I watermark it ( no I can watermark anothers work) because I digitially master it, no again I can break open the file with a left click and add my name. For all you knew I made my biohazard icon?.

To me providing source images does not provide authenticity. I could give source images to Gem then a friend to do me up a signature. Just like some parents help with a childs school homework.

Seriously dude I did put in effort, about 1 hours worth :unsure:

I'm only laughing now, the Idolatry thing was way over the top. It seems many poeple have a bee in the bonnet over ME so I'll stick around.

and let my EGO burn.

DeletedUser

In the cases where I created my own parts from scratch, I indicated as such and provided examples of variations to Gem so she could feel confident that was, in fact, the case. I could, as well, have provided the PSD or individual parts, to show how it all fell together. Gem was satisfied and did not request additional evidence on my original works.

C'mon Joshua, you know as well as anybody, there are layers and masks and parts to any art piece. That's how you prove you made it from scratch, assuming such is the need. Point, again, is to discourage plagiarism. If it's going to be looked into, people will be less willing to cheat.

And one hour for your sig entry? I find that hard to believe. You've shown some good skills and I know the sig you entered was not up to par with your talents. :)

DeletedUser

you caught me out took a morning, otherwise I wouldn't have been madden,lolz

I have a dark sense of humor to match my mood too.