Votes: 3 1.4%

Votes: 5 2.4%

Votes: 6 2.8%

Votes: 3 1.4%

Votes: 5 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

I can do something about the quality control of the submission though.

DeletedUser

Like requiring at least 10 minutes be invested in it? I'll never get to enter again! :sad:

DeletedUser

I don't come to know HOW THE 1st AND THE 5th entries are winning but they r not WORTHY. I can't UNDERSTAND THE THEME.

You can't? hmm.. not my fault, at least most of the ppl here can.
You need to have something called brain to understand the utilization of the theme in # 5.

Just making an exclamation mark in the signature doesn't make it an exclamation signature.

Oh! Really? Then you have never attacked someone and lost when the hits are the same. The dueler is shocked/surprised at this and is cursing. Which I bet most people who have been at the place does even in real life.

But for you, I think putting an exclamation mark at the end of any random sentence makes it an exclamation.. an example of such sentence can be seen in the image below.

shapeimage_1.jpg

I agree that in NO.1 the cat can be exclamized by seeing milk but in no.5 I don't see anything. Both the attacker and defender have done the same damage and thus challenger is abusing defender. I JUST WANT TO ASK PEOPLE THAT PLEASE QUOTE MY MESSAGE AND TELL THAT NO.5 MAKES ANY SENSE OR NOT?

What do you want to prove? I've already explained the meaning of the signature, as for better graphics and quote, I would have guided you to a much better and more meaningful signature of mine, but I doubt you'll understand it, as you fail to understand even this simple signature..

2.jpg

So better you do what you do best... asking friends for votes!

At the end... I would like to quote Gem..

Gem said:
Remember to not only vote for visual appeal, but for meaning and concept as well. Good luck everyone!
I agree that my signature is not good graphically, but at least it has far more meaning and depth than the most of the signatures getting multiple votes...including yours!!

Peace

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I can do something about the quality control of the submission though.

I'm guessing that because Gem has totally disrespected me and removed my entry completely, shes liking her Mod power trip.
So I won't be taking part in this community forum anymore.

I am going to ensure next competition is fairer. Watch this space. I'm as frustrated as you all are!

No you're not.

I wasted a morning doing my submission, I'll waste no more time if its gets judged as UNWORTHY from the onset.

DeletedUser

I'm sorry, I am just following the rules I set. Unless you think you're above them?
I said to provice source images for the main ones in the sig. I'd call the job icon a major image.

Please stop flaming in this thread. If you still have stuff to say, address me in PM directly.

I cannot stop you from leaving, but you need to read the rules of the competition.

DeletedUser

Perhaps only moderators should be allowed to vote on these signatures. That would be a fair way to ensure people win dependent on graphic quality, meaning and concept. Having a democratic system to decide who wins is both good and bad, in that everyone has their say but not everyone deserves to..

I only say this so that people can't get town members/alliance members to vote for them. I'm not whinging because it's not my signature being voted unfairly (I spent maybe 10 minutes on mine, so I wasn't planning on winning - I just wanted to throw in my hat too :razz:), but because I really would like to see the people who put effort into their work win. Entries 4 and 25 are great examples of people who've put a lot of work into their signature and deserve to win.

DeletedUser

I really expected 4 to do a lot better, but there's a lot of time left for voting. It's possible that a different one will win - if most people vote on the signature rather than the "artist". I probably spent the most time on mine (counting the time on the pictures I used), but didn't expect to do very well. I just don't want to see someone who has talent in this area losing to someone who just threw something together and got friends to vote for them just for the nuggets.

DeletedUser

2.jpg

I agree that my signature is not good graphically, but at least it has far more meaning and depth than the most of the signatures getting multiple votes...including yours!!

Peace

I like this one, he looks so dissapointed, lol. Most definitely an exclamation coming out of his mouth.

DeletedUser

the 1 is awful.i wonder why you are vote it.There is no meaning

DeletedUser13113

Since we are talking about ways to improve this competition, here's some suggestions that might help:

Entrants voting - Every entry is one vote...if you have 2 entries, you get 2 votes...however you CANNOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN! You have to vote for somebody else. These people would submit their votes via PM to Gem (or another judge) The results could then either be used by themselves to proclaim a winner or used as a percentage in the open voting (a vote by an entrant equals 10 votes in open voting, or some other number). Or you can use the votes that the entrants have cast to determine the top 5 vote getters, and put them for a vote in open voting.

Popular/Electoral Voting - There would be two contests, one would win the popular vote (the most votes from the open voting) and would win nothing but the recognition of getting the most votes. There would be another vote for either Mods or graphic design people (guest judges) to determine the winner of the prize.

-------------------------------------------

I really haven't had any issues with the last two winners of the contest. They stayed within the rules and were voted by popular vote. I don't have a problem with most entries in this competition, mainly because art is subjective.

DeletedUser

I probably spent the most time on mine (counting the time on the pictures I used), but didn't expect to do very well. I just don't want to see someone who has talent in this area losing to someone who just threw something together and got friends to vote for them just for the nuggets.

*Sigh*

I can understand your frustration AG, I spent almost a complete night making No. 22, I had to make half the image myself including the fire from the gun and a man and the fields. And yet the sign which took me the least work is leading 14:1
But though graphically "No. 22" is good, the idea or plot for the "No. 5" is better being liked by people.

DeletedUser

LOL!
Nice Siggy KihtrakX
Well I can't give you a vote, but can certainly give you a rep! :)

DeletedUser2676

Thank You :laugh:

Too bad this wasn't my original entry....The good news is that gem's adding my entry :D Cheers!!! I'm happy that my hard work didn't go to waste.

DeletedUser

Yours looked like it was a lot of work. Mine wasn't really that bad since I had already drawn the pictures.

DeletedUser

ummmmm wow i just checked the votes for the first time and i admit mine was a 30 second job. I don't know why so many are voting for me but thanks ;) I appreciate it. and nice job to the others who did work really really hard!

DeletedUser

I just wanted to say, I made my entries entirely from scratch (#29), or almost entirely (#30). I did so not because I wanted the win (don't need the nuggets, and my ego is big enough), but because I wanted to inspire people to be more creative next time, just as I tried to do with my previous contest entries. And yes, I actually put effort into creating my entries, even though I have lots of graphics background.

So, I understand completely the frustration some of you are feeling. Lots of you put good effort into your sigs, some of you obviously did not. But, in the end, this is about having fun, interacting, socializing with a theme. I'm hoping everyone thinks upon this whilst we work together to find solutions to this dilemma, and by all means treat Gem with respect, or I'll shave your cat's scrotum.

Seriously though, all of this is a learning experience, and I'm confident Gem will sort all this out so next time we'll have a more honorable competition. In the interim, let's brag about our individual sigs and all the nice work put in by others.

So, for fun, here are all my contest entries, for this one and previously:

dcdboot2.jpg

elementalhorses.jpg

eyegoldilocks-1.png

eyedone2.png

DeletedUser13020

You're right Hellstromm this is supposed to be fun. Hurray fun!

And like I said before, I think its the people in general that are crazy. Voting for the sigs because of...well idk why they are voting for some of the ones that they are voting for.

I just google'd spleen, and its a lot higher than I originally thought. Man that is going to suck.

DeletedUser

I went with Hellstromm's. I think it was good, and guns always make me feel happy. So theres a vote for you friend.