Space in the town

DeletedUser

And in ALL the Ghost Town pictures I have seen the empty building near the morticians is the Sheriffs Office. If you look closely you can make out most of the words sheriff. So there is the space between that building and the space next to the church. 1 + 1 = 2 at least it always has for me.

DeletedUser

no but next to the bank there are 2 brown buildings now when you clcik on the bank only onw gwts highlighted implying the other is empty

DeletedUser

There really are 2 fronts there, between the bank and the space next to the church. The bank's "clickable area" partially covers them, but they are there.

The real problem in using them is that we can't see the front of either one. Something would need to be done about that....

DeletedUser

what i dont understand is the town bigger on the m ap but not when you click on it?!?

DeletedUser

There are easy ways around adding buildings if there's no longer any open space, just add a popup menu to choose any buildings that are added later when there isn't any space left. You could add another signpost on the street in the upper right that you click to get the menu. Having space on the town image or not isn't really a major issue.

Diggo11

townrj9.jpg

Ok there two ways ok looking at this.

From our point of view
From our point of view there is one empty space, which the "Shoot-out Fort" will probably be put into. There is no room between the Church and Bank and the empty building is reserved for the Sherrif.
Potential Free Space: 0

From the developers point of view
From the developers point of view there are few of possibilities. To start off we'll assume that the Fort shall be placed in the empty spot. Then the Bank could be redrawn so the brick part is made bigger and the wooden bit is no longer there, allowing room for another building. Also the Post Office could be removed as there is already the "Telegram" menu button, giving space for another building. Also their is a tight squeeze behind the Hotel and Mortician if they push the Gunsmith and General Store back a little.
Potential Free Space: 3

But we are not developers and therefore we don't need to make free spaces, nor decide what to fill them with.

DeletedUser

The two wooden buildings, located between the bank and the empty space next to the church, are not part of the bank. You can see they have their own signs above the front walls; we just can't see them from this angle.

If you look at a large bank, you'll see where the confusion over the bank comes in:

not-bank.jpg

The clickable area which the game considers "the bank" is always the same size and shape, and that size and shape = the size and shape of the fully built bank. When the bank is smaller, you can click on some of the wooden buildings' roof area and it will treat that as a click on the bank -- but not because those buildings are part of the bank. It's only because the devs only created one clickable bank area, and it's always the same, and it overlaps those buildings some when the bank is smaller.

So, we do have 2 buildings there, plus the vacant lot between them and the church, plus the vacant lot between the sheriff and the mortician -- plus the space behind the mortician where the windmill now is. So really, we have a total of five open spaces, and that isn't counting the expendable post building. Even with a fort (or whatever) taking up a slot, that's 4 new slots (plus potentially the post building) that are already in our towns which could be used somehow.

But this is all irrelevant anyway; the devs could just add a second screen of the town accessible by a click somewhere, and put a whole new slate of buildings there. So, it's a fun discussion, but kinda pointless IMO. :)

Diggo11

Lol what a noob moment for me :eek:

Then we'll assume that is the Residences, but its not clickable ;) So on this assumption we can't make that graphic any smaller eliminating the spot between the Residences/Bank and Church. So when leaving room for a Fort we only have two spaces. But if it isn't the Residences (which it most likely is) then that'd leave three (if the graphic was extended towards the Church so visable when Bank is maxed).

Last edited:

DeletedUser

No offense intended, Lorgos. But as a game mechanism, not everybody uses it or wants one in their town. I know you know that I'm not intolerant because you read the various religious threads.

But either that building is just part of a game with no religious significance, in which case what I said is not offensive. Or it has religious significance, in which case its compulsory presence can be seen as a form of intolerance itself.

Can't have it both ways.

DeletedUser

Seriously, if I could burn the church in my town, and put up a brothel, I'd be a happy camper!

DeletedUser

No offense intended, Lorgos. But as a game mechanism, not everybody uses it or wants one in their town. I know you know that I'm not intolerant because you read the various religious threads.

But either that building is just part of a game with no religious significance, in which case what I said is not offensive. Or it has religious significance, in which case its compulsory presence can be seen as a form of intolerance itself.

Can't have it both ways.

:huh:

Existence isn't intolerance. There's room for something else, if someone wants to build it. But, this is "The West", so what else would there have been (except John's brothel)? If this were "Arabian Nights" it'd be a mosque, and that would be the only likely thing to find there, but that in itself isn't intolerance, it's just how things were then/there.

We're getting a bit off topic now though. :eek:

DeletedUser

The two wooden buildings, located between the bank and the empty space next to the church, are not part of the bank. You can see they have their own signs above the front walls; we just can't see them from this angle.

If you look at a large bank, you'll see where the confusion over the bank comes in:

not-bank.jpg

The clickable area which the game considers "the bank" is always the same size and shape, and that size and shape = the size and shape of the fully built bank. When the bank is smaller, you can click on some of the wooden buildings' roof area and it will treat that as a click on the bank -- but not because those buildings are part of the bank. It's only because the devs only created one clickable bank area, and it's always the same, and it overlaps those buildings some when the bank is smaller.

So, we do have 2 buildings there, plus the vacant lot between them and the church, plus the vacant lot between the sheriff and the mortician -- plus the space behind the mortician where the windmill now is. So really, we have a total of five open spaces, and that isn't counting the expendable post building. Even with a fort (or whatever) taking up a slot, that's 4 new slots (plus potentially the post building) that are already in our towns which could be used somehow.

But this is all irrelevant anyway; the devs could just add a second screen of the town accessible by a click somewhere, and put a whole new slate of buildings there. So, it's a fun discussion, but kinda pointless IMO. :)

thankyou someone finally sees what i see plus a couple of other cool ones. am i the nly one though that thinks wait wouldnt a fort be in the background seeing as it is a fort :huh:

DeletedUser

[Text from pic] "Unclickable, thus NOT part of the bank."

The steeple isn't clickable either...are you suggesting it's not a part of the church?

Edit: Although, yes, when the bank is upgraded you can see that that's a separate building.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

elymer perhaps like youre idea of having sign posts

you could have an idea where yu can move the camera around, almost walk around if you will which will allow these building which you cannot see to be seen

DeletedUser

elymer perhaps like youre idea of having sign posts

you could have an idea where yu can move the camera around, almost walk around if you will which will allow these building which you cannot see to be seen

The second part would be excessive: replacing the current PNG with flash.

One more thing about the space next to the bank: think about how many new players would ask "How do I access the auction house?" or whatever. You can barely see part of the roof. I think it's best not to put anything there.

DeletedUser

no as in not move around as in walking.

just something like pics at the top where you click to see a different view