The Ride of the Marshals - Sin City and Las Vegas burn

• Thread starter DeletedUser9891
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Dude.

You guys are JUSTIFYING builder farming.

It's not the one or two random jerk towns that drive people away from games like this. People expect that. It's the huge zergs that use weak philosophy to justify 'revenge' that drive people away. Guess that's you.

remind me what your game forum link is again? ..... oh yeah you are just a gentle troll :blink:

Edit .. I dare you to post it and let all see your plans and ethics ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

As I stated in another thread in this section:

Originally Posted by SmittenKitten
Each town has their own set of codes and rules. Most -FoM- towns members will not hit workers unless they are at war with the town. Some -FoM- towns and members will not even hit a worker during a war. In our town if one of our members attacks a worker they get a warning, if it happens again they get dismissed from town. But before that can happen we ask for proof that our member actually was the attacker.

There are no cut and dry answers to your question.

And not all -FoM- towns are at war with someone. We are not at war with anyone right now. And as for LN .. we've never had a problem with anyone from there group. (We meaning my town)

The above statement is true. Except for 1 minor detail, when we first started we did have a few major run ins with a few from LN but when the war on them started they stopped attacking our town as we were not in the -FoM- at the time and they had more pressing things to worry about. Oh and they were attacking our workers. But you didn't see us coming to the forums crying about it.

I find it funny how people who are being attacked always cry that they are the good guys and the attackers are the bad guys. Some times there are no good guys or bad guys.

Some of you who are posting in this thread really need to realize that this is a game ... an on line computer game ... and you really need to realize that your bigger then life attitudes are about as real as the game is. The only reason some of you are even posting is to see how many people you can hiss off. Maybe spend less time on the computer and more time in real life. If your attitude in here is anything like your attitudes in real life then I think you have a problem, main one being your ability to communicate decently with people. Could be the reason some of you are playing this game and don't have a job.

DeletedUser13388

Apparently I am sleep-playing... I daresay the business I manage and my family might be querying the amount I am supposed to be playing if I was on 14+ hours a day :laugh:

Sleep attacking for weeks? Seriously, I am there every couple of days when motivation is back up to 100%

If you guys were so interested in chatting, having fun and being pally, why didn't you think others wanted to do that before you and yours mercilessly farmed them to the point of leaving?

Because you were "winning" perhaps?

It was highly amusing when your "Leader" wrote to complain and whine that some of yours have left to go back to world 7 because they got a taste of their own medicine, but you wonder why we tell you to take a walk?

Play up to being the big men of World 8, Mafia boys and girls, you're the ones getting your butts handed to you day in day out.

Stari has avoided more grief by hiding 15 hrs away or hotel hitting (And I don't blame him for tactical play, most other sensible people do that) and you're a top end vigor dueler. Both of you can sit back, turn down pacts and let people quit because you both feel you're untouchable.

Good for you ;)

You can farm me all you want, when you want, and I could care less. I've even accepted nublets like Dima27 repeat farming builders and Dragonfly and co getting booted out of FoM towns to join your scraggy bunch of miscreants.

I hope they also feel brave enough to "have a go".

I'm proud to be involved with the FoM and the quality people I've met through it, people who want a fair chance to enjoy the game and take time to interract with people in more than a "Hurr, hurr, i pwn j00" sense.

I've rather enjoyed a couple of glasses of black shiraz and I'm now off to open a fresh bottle of JD, so I can't say i'll be writing back any time soon.

Enjoy your evening and thanks for the entertainment!

1.I have never been booted from the town.I left the town.
2.What is the difference between farming low level duelers and to farm high level workers ?And to be scared to attack soldiers same level as you or bigger?

DeletedUser

I think it's funny how the ones that farm workers are crying. Yeah yeah, I know it's a game and anything goes FOR SOME. But listen, most players I have come across in this game have morals, and some don't. I tend to run with the ones that do have morals. A worker, most of the time, cannot defend themselves and therefore become major targets for duelers looking for lots of exp. Well, if you're going to play that way, don't complain about the ones coming after you for attacking workers.

Me, I have never attacked a worker, and my town knows to do the same. I think it's weak to attack a worker just to get a high ranking. If you don't have the, you know, to attack people your own level and someone that can actually defend themself, then you're playing the wrong game.

The whole point of the Fom, was to bring about a better standard in W8 and from the sounds of it, that's just what we've done. Now those that feed on workers are feeling the sting of their standard. As I have read in many post in here, DEAL WITH IT IT'S A GAME.

As to the last post: what's the difference between farming low level duelers and high level workers? That's easy, ones a dueler and ones a worker...DUH. one can fight and the other can't. one has their skills towards dueling and will eventually be able to fight back, a worker has all their skills towards working and can't duel worth crap, MOST OF THE TIME.

So, with all that said, please stop crying and deal with what you started..hehe

Microdot
Marshal of Camp Crystal Lake

DeletedUser

DraGonFlyBG tell me, where did you get the money to buy your fancy dueling cloths? From dueling workers I'll bet.

I'm more inclined to think you were kicked out of the FoM town you were in. I know if you'd been in my town you would have been kicked for the crap you've posted in this forum alone.

DeletedUser

@ Microdot... well put

@ Smittenkitten I seriously doubt he left on his own wind , he wasted too much time on the forum complaining about us trying to stop him from taking the cheap route , lets be happy for him now that hes with -LN- and he can farm easy targets to his hearts content........ when hes awake that is ........ now he has valid opposition ;)

DeletedUser

, lets be happy for him now that hes with -LN- and he can farm easy targets to his hearts content........ ;)

And he sings: "A farming I will go. A farming I will go. Hi ho the merry oh .... to bed I will go. To bed I will go. Hi ho the merry oh off to bed I go":laugh::laugh::laugh:

DeletedUser13388

DraGonFlyBG tell me, where did you get the money to buy your fancy dueling cloths? From dueling workers I'll bet.

I'm more inclined to think you were kicked out of the FoM town you were in. I know if you'd been in my town you would have been kicked for the crap you've posted in this forum alone.

Why should i lie ? You easy can ask my old bosses,that I havent been booted from the town,but whatever.
And my money comes from Silver Mining and Clearing The Forest (300-400 $ for 2 hours).

And you guys,finally have to realize,that FoM isnt TheWest.

P.S.: Since i joined LasVegas noone have attacked me :( .I am still w8ing you :D .

Regards.

DeletedUser

I think it's funny how the ones that farm workers are crying. Yeah yeah, I know it's a game and anything goes FOR SOME. But listen, most players I have come across in this game have morals, and some don't. I tend to run with the ones that do have morals. A worker, most of the time, cannot defend themselves and therefore become major targets for duelers looking for lots of exp. Well, if you're going to play that way, don't complain about the ones coming after you for attacking workers.

Me, I have never attacked a worker, and my town knows to do the same. I think it's weak to attack a worker just to get a high ranking. If you don't have the, you know, to attack people your own level and someone that can actually defend themself, then you're playing the wrong game.

The whole point of the Fom, was to bring about a better standard in W8 and from the sounds of it, that's just what we've done. Now those that feed on workers are feeling the sting of their standard. As I have read in many post in here, DEAL WITH IT IT'S A GAME.

As to the last post: what's the difference between farming low level duelers and high level workers? That's easy, ones a dueler and ones a worker...DUH. one can fight and the other can't. one has their skills towards dueling and will eventually be able to fight back, a worker has all their skills towards working and can't duel worth crap, MOST OF THE TIME.

So, with all that said, please stop crying and deal with what you started..hehe

Microdot
Marshal of Camp Crystal Lake

Morals? Surely, you can't be serious. This entire conflict is about one group trying to enforce their rule set upon others. FoM towns believe the game should be played a certain way (I have no idea if you are FoM, it does not matter for the purposes of this discussion).

This game is designed with serious flaws. You are encouraged and rewarded if you do so. No one forces you to do this, however. You, the player, make the choice and buy into the first on server or max efficiency system. That makes you shoot up in ranks and builds towns fast. You chose that route. You could just as easily make builders with some diversity. Towns could encourage that instead of the one sided build. It does not make you 'moral' when you try enforcing this system on others. Players taking advantage of a one sided character have no real cause to complain when someone exploits the obvious weaknesses that creates. We are all free to make pacts or shoot each other as needed.

FoM ethos is based not on protecting workers, as I said before. It is about protecting the status quo of those who duel. They do not want other duelers gaining an unfair advantage. That is fine, it is also subjective. Play how you like. Band together in groups united by common causes or agreement on play styles. Try and force others to do as you say if you like. Do not try and pass off enforcing your ruleset on others as 'moral'. It is simply another bully tactic.

DeletedUser

blah blah blah, im just glad to see people taking a stand against wimps who duel workers "just for the exp" grow some and fight the ones who can fight. and yes i am a proud member of the FoM.

but i do think this game needs a lot of work still. for instance i got dueled today by someone that is a higher level than me:

Microdot passes out. StariqKech wins the duel, gains 28 experience points and steals $146 from Microdot....770-172

im level 39/56 and he is level 62/73 this kind of thing should be more balanced in this game

but im not complaining, at least he had the, you know, to fight me and not my workers.

what i AM saying is that if youre going to make your town "grow faster" by fighting workers/builders then we will be there to fight you tooth and nail. like i said, its about time someone stood up to the builder bashers..hehe

DeletedUser

what i AM saying is that if youre going to make your town "grow faster" by fighting workers/builders then we will be there to fight you tooth and nail.

You have agreed with my assertion. Thank you. FoM is about controlling the pace of dueler advancement. They will force their agenda on others. That is not heroic.

West players are accustomed to exploiting the system, 'pure' builds etc. That is a choice. The mass worker protection blanket you propose is a way of maintaining the status quo. The consequences of pvp in this game are laughably low. You invented a system to protect YOUR playstyle. Do not dress it up as anything else.

DeletedUser

You have agreed with my assertion. Thank you. FoM is about controlling the pace of dueler advancement. They will force their agenda on others. That is not heroic.

West players are accustomed to exploiting the system, 'pure' builds etc. That is a choice. The mass worker protection blanket you propose is a way of maintaining the status quo. The consequences of pvp in this game are laughably low. You invented a system to protect YOUR playstyle. Do not dress it up as anything else.

Pezzle we chose to stand up for a cause. That cause being that dueling workers for any reason is just plain uncalled for. There are and have been many duelers, soldiers, and adventurers who carry just as much money and the fast duelers, as I call them, are to scared to duel someone who might just get a few good punches in and kick some tail in the process. We don't give a crap about the game dynamics that allow duelers to farm worker class citizens. What we give a crap about is that in this world we aren't about to let that happen even if the game dynamics allow it. It's simply called law and order. Something every civilized community has in order to combat chaos.

Even in this game. we have chosen to be a community and a civilization. One that has a base law and order system. And we as a community of civilized people have adopted a law and order that seems to fit what others think, feel, and say. As members of the Federation of Marshals we enforce that common belief just like real life marshals and police do.

So go ahead call us what you want. We have broad shoulders and can take all the crap you want to dish out. Just remember others join the fight against duelers who farm workers on a daily basis. It maters not if they belong to -FoM- because they have much the same feelings and rules in their alliances. Read any town opening. They all pretty much say the same thing: "Duel or workers and we will hunt you down" That speaks volumes in the general feelings about duelers farming workers. Now go ahead and reject what we do, and call us bullies for standing up for what others through out this world think and already have posted in their town openings.

I'm proud to be a Federation Marshal. And as such I'll ride against any dueler who farms workers. I care not what alliance they belong to. I care not that someone might KO me. What I care for is justice, law, and order. I'm not here to subject my will or play style on anyone. I'm here to uphold the beliefs of others and to ride against tyranny when called upon to do so. I'm here to ride for law, order, and justice. I'm here to be a Marshal.

RIDE MARSHALS RIDE
Ride against injustice. Ride for all who feel threatened. Ride for the freedom from tyranny. Ride for law, order, and justice.

DeletedUser

What injustice? People not playing a way you agree with? What law? A law created by your own? The game rules do not endorse your moral authority or your order. You are playing as you want. That is not right or wrong, moral or immoral. You are doing what you want. I do not see how FoM are any less tyrannical than the people they oppose.

DeletedUser

What injustice? People not playing a way you agree with? What law? A law created by your own? The game rules do not endorse your moral authority or your order. You are playing as you want. That is not right or wrong, moral or immoral. You are doing what you want. I do not see how FoM are any less tyrannical than the people they oppose.

In a nut shell so you will understand it once and for all.

-FoM- upholds the beliefs of the many towns who post, quote " Attack our workers and we will attack you and yours." , unquote.

Is that so hard to understand? There you have it in it's simplest form.:dry:

DeletedUser

In a nut shell so you will understand it once and for all.

-FoM- upholds the beliefs of the many towns who post, quote " Attack our workers and we will attack you and yours." , unquote.

Is that so hard to understand? There you have it in it's simplest form.:dry:

What does that have to do with law, justice and freedom from tyranny? Do you get it yet? You are enforcing your playstyle, not riding for great justice.

DeletedUser

What does that have to do with law, justice and freedom from tyranny? Do you get it yet? You are enforcing your playstyle, not riding for great justice.

I believe otherwise. And so do many others. That's the difference.

Sad part is you don't get it now. Won't get it tomorrow. And probably never will get it.

Move along little boy you're boring.:dry:

DeletedUser

So you do not believe your group is banding together to enforce a playstyle? That logic and your position does not follow. You can believe you ride for justice, law and tyranny. That does not make it so. Of course you are banding together to enforce a playstyle. That is part of what organizations ARE.

I can believe the moon is made of cheese. Others can believe this. We can form a moon cheese society. That does not mean the moon is made of cheese. There is frequently a difference between what we believe, what we say and what actually is.

Status
Not open for further replies.