the way I organize cash battles on w12

DeletedUser

First of all I'm not going to get into the whole "cash battles are unfair/should be illegal type of discussion here, this is a thread for those interested in organizing their own cash battle. All I'm going to write about is how to organize a cash battle that has more benefits than the "regular type".
Second, I am not aware that a post like this exists in the forum, and am not aware if this has been done on any other server (probably has), and I did not see this way of organizing anywhere, and thought of it by myself (I am sure someone must have thought of it before me, but I don't know this for a fact), and not having read this somewhere. And since I play on world 12, I'm posting this here.

Here's the way I have been organizing cash battles lately:

There are several variants of the idea using 3,4, and even 7 teams, and radical variants using as many as 22 or 43 teams, but personally I prefer the 4 team variant. (2 team variant being the usual way of organizing- 42 attackers vs 42 defenders). The higher the number of teams, means the lower the number of participants required, but also the higher the amount of cash that must be brought by each attacker.
note: 5 team variant is not possible because 42 is not dividable by 4, meaning two teams would have 1 more participant than the other two!

This example uses a small fort (42 defenders) and a 4 team organization. Altogether 56 participants needed.

56 participants are divided into 4 teams (A,B,C, and D), 14 participants in each group (14x4=56)
One group attacks, and 3 groups defend (so 14 attackers vs 42 defenders)

1st battle: team A attacks, teams B,C, and D defend
2nd battle: team B attacks, teams A,C, and D defend
3rd battle: team C attacks, teams A,B, and D defend
4th battle: team D attacks, teams A,B, and C defend

the amount every attacker should bring varies (depends what item you are after), but in order to have the best chance to find the 3rd key (which is in great demand right now), the optimum amount PER ATTACKER would be 11k-12k. (remeber that each attacker gets 3 defenses for this amount of cash! so it turns out to be and investment of around 4k per defense)

This has a number of advantages to the normal (2 team) variant of organizing cash battles:
- more defenses per person in a less amount of battles (in order to get this amount of defenses per person using the normal (2 team) variant, there would have to be 6 battles, this variant only 4 are needed)
- less participants needed (in some cases it is hard to find 84 participants (the number required for a 2 team cash battle), this variant only requires 56 participants.
- more versatile for players (some players would like to participate but don't have the required cash yet. These players, if they are sure that they will have the required cash in a certain time frame, can be set into the later attacking groups). Also, it is not uncommon that some participants fail to show up. Finding people to fill their spots is much easier, and the participants are more inclined to show for the attack, as they have additional defenses ahead.
note: participants that fill others spots (in the second or third battle) can be billed for the amount of defenses they will attend (in this case 4k per defense), and having this cash show up at an attack is better than no cash at all, which would be the case at a normal (2 team) cash battle.
- much better chance of a full defense (a full defense is necessary to ensure that no "outside" players can join in the search for items, and that no-one feels robbed by such players)
note: outside players in this context are players who sign in to defense, without agreeing to the terms of the organizer, intentionally or not.
note: players that join the attack, and are not a part of any team, are no real threat to the defenders, and pose but a minor problem.

This system does have it's advantages, but the problem of cheaters is far from resolved. This is because the organizer of any cash battles has no sure way of distinguishing those attackers who have brought cash to the fort, from those who haven't.
Although there have been several attempts to rectify this, none seem adequate enough for all to agree upon, or they are so user unfriendly that they are more of a problem than a solution.
Until we find a solution to this problem, we are stuck with screen-shooting and uploading evidence of our innocence, or relying on internet-friendship and trust, neither of which is much help in the search for cheaters.

I had posted an idea for implementing something simple that could remedy this to a great extent. However some people don't agree it's a good idea.
If you'd like to take a look, here's the link:

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=30537&page=30

The other variants of this idea include the following details for, again, a small fort:

3 team variant: 61 participants (21 in a team), each attacker brings aprox.8k
7 team variant: 49 participants (7 in a team), each attacker brings aprox. 22k

and so on..

DeletedUser

Thanks for sharing this with everyone.
Although I'm a part of it (in team D), I'm aware of problems we have there since we started, so we don't do it the same way on w13. There goes another thanks - if I wasn't a part of your battles, I would never get an idea how to organize it on w13 with lowered risk. ;)

DeletedUser

it's only illegal if you illegally manipulate the game to get the cash,for example the method that uses 1 attacker versus 42 defenders where the 1 attacker conveniently just won a market bidding war from the 42 on some random market item ,or thru ransom dueling ect..

Other than yah lower number of participants with higher amount of cash seems best .

DeletedUser

Elmyr, so the rumor is true then?
But what happens with the money from the dead players in push fort fights now? Goes into fort "treasury"?
What about players on old worlds, how will they get the third key now? No shaman prem there to go FMS.

I admit that push fort fights disgust me from the first day I saw those, but... The lack of the key#3 quest forced me into organizing such fights (not on w12 though).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm not entirely sure if it'll really kill cash battles, or if these boxes are dropping how they're supposed to (including not needing to survive), or if they can even contain a third key.

DeletedUser

Elmyr, you know that I'm not talking about cash battles... Those would be ones that don't give XP, right? 1 craploadofcash bringer who dies in the first round vs 42 defenders = 0 XP in any case.
I'm talking about push fort fights x attackers vs y defenders, where survivers below the level cap get both items and XP. ;)

DeletedUser

That's a lot of typing shortly before 1.30 apparently kills cash battles (unless the third key isn't available in those boxes).

Yes a lot of typing! I wasn't aware of the rumor when it was typed:hmf:

It was said, though, that some new items (pants and belts) will only be available in cash battles. So if the rumor of key disappearing from cash battle drops is true, there might be other (new) reasons to attend them.

(Grasping on to any hope that i hadn't written/devised all that for nothing :blink: )

Deleted User - 1278415

No I think there will be cash battles for awhile, its similar to the praying thing. People will have to say wonder if it will give something better if we do.

As the line goes if you build it they will come, well If we declare a battle, they will lie about bringing the cash still.

DeletedUser

There will be (cash? not a chance) push fort fights I assure you.
The news (rumor, ok) from 1.30 is if you get killed in fort, you receive first aid bag. I'll be the first who will organize no money push fort fights with a goal - as much ppl as can should die and receive this item.

DeletedUser19385

Seems like cash battles will soon be a thing of the past then

DeletedUser

Who told you that?
1. A rumor is a rumor till proven otherwise
2. No entry in the changelog - probably a bug
3. No pic = no proof.

DeletedUser19385

Dont know if this was a reply to me but if it was then note that i only wrote "seems". Thats means that it is not 100% certain at least from what ive heard.

DeletedUser

we'll just have to wait n see what 1.30 has installed.. for all we know, it could increase the number of cash battles per server per week, maybe even make new cash battle fans.. dunno.