union flag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

ugh... has anyone tried my suggestion? do other jobs for 1-2 days then go back to guarding fort job (which by then you will have 100% motivation for)

DeletedUser

in world2: did 10 hours and no flag. Tried with over 100 energy, tried praying, nothing

in world1: did 29 hours and no flag. Same thing, also tried 10 mins shifts and 30 mins shifts. Also the last 5 hours have 50% more chance as i have won the 3 days premium on higher income.

Now, imagine how frustrating is that.

DeletedUser

There are inconsistences here with this thing? if it was a 3% chance of getting it then surely 40 attempts would secure it...

DeletedUser

There are inconsistences here with this thing? if it was a 3% chance of getting it then surely 40 attempts would secure it...

No, probability (chance) doesn't work like that. You have a 1 in 6 chance of throwing any given number on a die. Throw it six times - and if you have thrown each of the numbers 1-6 then Congratulations! you've done something quite impressive. Throwing it 36 times doesn't give you 100% chance of throwing each of the numbers at least once. 3600 times doesn't guarantee it either. It is just as possible for you to throw 3500 6s and 100 2s as it is to throw exactly 600 of each number.

Now go and throw 100 dice and if you get a total between 239 and 253, Congratulations! you've got the flag. If you get any other total, from 100-238 or 254-600, bad luck, try again next time. That's what's going on here with the use of these probabilities. 15 correct options out of 500=3 out of 100=3% chance. You can very easily throw the dice 100 times and still never get a winning total; you can be really lucky and get one first try.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No, probability (chance) doesn't work like that. You have a 1 in 6 chance of throwing any given number on a die. Throw it six times - and if you have thrown each of the numbers 1-6 then Congratulations! you've beaten the odds.

Now go and throw 100 dice and if you get a total between 239 and 253, Congratulations! you've got the flag. If you get any other total, from 100-238 or 254-600, bad luck, try again next time. That's what's going on here with these probabilities. 15 correct options out of 500=3 out of 100=3% chance. You can very easily throw the dice 100 times and still never get a winning total; you can be really lucky and get one first try.

If you talk about probabilities, then you know this formula:
if p=chance of finding the item (chance for 30 mins)
n=number of tries (which in our case is 1 chance each 30 mins)
P=total chance after n tries
^=raising to power

the formula is P = 1-(1-p)^n

Means, for 29 hours, we have 29*2 = 58 tries

So, the formula for finding the damn flag (at 2% chance not 3%) gives us"

P = 1-(1-2%)^58= 1 - 0.98^58=69%

So my chance to find it is 69%

As for 40 tries at 3% chance:

P=1 - 0.97^40=70.4%, roughly the same.

Therefore, to be able to find it, at 90% chance which is in my opinion VERY acceptable at 2% chance, u have to do n=110 tries of 30 mins, that is 55 hours of fort work. Pretty much i can say

Those who found it in the first 2 hours, are very lucky, since their chance was 11.4%. Mine is 6 times bigger and still didn't find it....pretty unfair if u think about it

DeletedUser

where's that FLAG!!!

I must confess...

I'm a fairly patient guy, but this is beginning to border upon the absurd.......
All I can say is by the time I get that flag, 180xp aint gonna be worth anything, I'll probably be level 99 by the time I find it.

So there best be SOME reason that this thing is so rare. I would hope that there is SOME big payoff down the line somewhere.........

DeletedUser

Some of us have 3%. :p

As u see i computed for both 2% and 3%. I am now closing to 33 hours in w1 still no flag. Really this is absurd. As stephen said, the 180 points are becoming less and less important as i level up and still no flag. Soon they'll be good to nothing. Really annoying to put quests that truly take that much to complete. What the f*, 55 hours of working so we get a decent chance 2 take it? Patience i know, but it has gone WAY over the limit with this quest. And as i have the same "luck" in not finding it in w2 as well, i thing there is something really buggy in getting the damn flag

DeletedUser

update: after 33 hours of hard work i got the damn f flag. Or was it after writing on this forum? :D i dunno. Suggestion: pray 30 mins, then work 4 hours on the fort, maybe this will bring the flag to you.
Bonus: u get the gray bowler hat for free as a next mission (1 charisma, 11 trading)

DeletedUser

well done, i can say I still do not have it yet, although I am on my way after battering the 8 planks quest for the last 10 hours. Bit of luck I will get that damn flag as it has really annoyed me to see me slip from top 400 to near on 800 in the last 5 days...

DeletedUser

When I first got to this quest I knew it would be hard... After seeing it here way back! I have been trying it a week now, but have been taking diff advice from diff people and think if you are not dripping in luck, a few of the tips run together might work... ie praying, guarding fort on over 90% motivation, and making sure no-one else is working on the job at the time... I have tried everything except no-one else on the job...

But one questions to people who have the flag... What level were you on? Maybe you have to be at a certain level to get the flag... That would explain why some people get it quicker than others.....

DeletedUser

In W1, laborer, about 6th 2hr job going on trying to find the flag. That's about 12 hrs so far, so I filled up 2%X24=48%. I guess it's about time I would get one.

In W2, adventurer, got it at the first attempt with 2hr job, motivation was about 85% I think. Got the flag along with a cheap trashy looking shirt.

No premium.

Now my W2 character is higher than W1 one. NOT the way I was planning.

DeletedUser

Your lucky...hmmm...I hope I just choose ADVENTURER rather than a WORKER.

DeletedUser

In W2, adventurer, got it at the first attempt with 2hr job, motivation was about 85% I think. Got the flag along with a cheap trashy looking shirt.

WTF, how the hell you can have 85% motivation, if you've never worked on that job? And if you had, why the hell brag you got that ****ty flag on your first attempt ?

DeletedUser

flag

ive got the flag on world one and world two but it took me like 10 2hr things to get but its good exp when there are no quests to do

DeletedUser

WTF, how the hell you can have 85% motivation, if you've never worked on that job? And if you had, why the hell brag you got that ****ty flag on your first attempt ?

I did some 10-30min jobs before I go sleep in hotels cause the job gives nice EXP rate. And motivation was 88% to be sure. It was my first 2hr job, which I intended to try to find the flag.

I wasn't bragging. If you check BUG Forum, you'll see there's a bunch of people talking about Adventurer class' bug. I thought I would give some feedback to any interested Adventurers, cause I was worried about choosing Adventurer class as well.

Right after changing into Adventurer class, I thought my character was cursed as hell cause I was getting about 1/2 EXP for the first few jobs I did as an Adventurer. But what do you know, I happened to be sorta lucky.

Just wanted to share that information with fellow Adventurers.

And just so you know, my laborer class in W1 is still not getting any flag, with motivation always around 90 and above.

One more thing... Take it easy dude. I now consider my W2 character EXTREMELY lucky. That's why I never go praying in the church.

Status
Not open for further replies.