Why is it so hard to recruit players !!!

DeletedUser

Does every1 find it easy to get people to join there town ?
Me and my co founder in the town have been trying to recruit for around 6 months now and i dont understand why it so hard !
Does any1 else have this problem ?

DeletedUser

My town has had a little population boom in the past week, we got like four new members since last week :laugh: Your town may smell bad or just not be popular.

DeletedUser21320

Does every1 find it easy to get people to join there town ?
Me and my co founder in the town have been trying to recruit for around 6 months now and i dont understand why it so hard !
Does any1 else have this problem ?

What are you offering them in return for their donations?
There are so many towns that anyone can have a personal town, if they wish. And it's always way better to be in a large town than a small one, if you can, for both shopping and defense.

DeletedUser21689

I know its hard. We don't ask for donations, our town is finished. We are starting another town up soon and we can't fill the one we have already. If anyone wishes to join WWW-Recruiting your most welcome. Just contact Olchainbloolightnin for details.

DeletedUser

We've had a few problems too and have enough money in the bank so that people don't have to donate.... I think World 11 has suffered from the opening of World 12 to be honest!

DeletedUser16628

w-12 has had a direct effect on w-11 town population no question.Before w-12 opened I was getting 10-15 apps a day now 5 a week if I'm lucky

DeletedUser

The same thing happened on Tribal Wars....i had been playing that for 4 yrs and started on world 6....by the time i decided to finish playing it there was over 40 worlds....

the world i had joined was great...plenty of action and fun...as more worlds was introduced it started to become boring and many great players left and are still leaving....

as the saying goes...too many cooks spoil the broth

the same thing will happen to this game i feel and it will ruin it....(tumble)

DeletedUser

We have a large town what is almost finished and have money in the bank but............... just suppose we will just have to keep trying.
if any1 wants to join then you are more than welcom.

DeletedUser

I am alone in my town...Sad

DeletedUser

No more.

Deleted User - 1278415

I think Inno needs to do more advertising banners. Show off the bounter hunter girls in the ads, give-em some cleavage.

I remember they had done some advertsing on Myspace and i clicked on the banner and thats how I joined last year.

Im tired of seeing banners for Evony everywhere.

DeletedUser

my town has 8 active players so im happy - rather have 8 active than 40 inactives

DeletedUser

Sjøåsen is having the same problem, the way i see it that its a large world and there are lots of people, but people go to the bigger towns which makes it hard to find anyone. I feel that that they created more worlds then there are people. In addition some people play only for a couple minutes and quite because they feel that it is to hard to get money and they quite, little do they know i make in four hours an average of $400 (tumble)

[url=http://www.the-west.net] [/URL]

DeletedUser21320

I think Inno needs to do more advertising banners. Show off the bounter hunter girls in the ads, give-em some cleavage.

I think they might do better if they tried to keep the players they have. Everytime a frustrated/bored player quits, that's up to 12 player-positions gone from the company. Watch the player totals. Each day the totals rise by 1000-2000, so people *are* joining. Then later, when maintenance is done, 2000-3000 people leave, or are kicked off. Certainly some are multis, but some are players on multiple worlds.

DeletedUser

Hah good feather, the bounty hunter girl isn't supposed to be related to the 40 year old models that Evony uses :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I have had the same problem. My town is about 15k. I don't require any donations to join, but I can't get people to join even at that. I do all the building. I have spent all the money on building. People still don't join. Then there will be some crap town that has nothing with 5 members lol. Why people don't join my town I couldn't tell you. It is a mystery of life I guess.

Deleted User - 1278415

Thats another element to the game... communication. You need to be able to just go out and find people to join.

You build relationships here on your current world and then when a new world starts everyone picks up and moves to the new world with all their friends.

scbuckeye if your on w11 and you need some friends let me know. i'll be glad to let you build on my town or forts.

Then you get recruits like "Deutschhaus II" who join your town as being a good dueler and find that he is attackin allies.

So we approach him and say dont attack allies or we may ask you to leave. He turns around and quits while saying they started it and you didnt give me a chance to tell my side of the story.

Apparently the other side of the story was he was hit by longreach a long time ago and he just continued the vendetta where ever he goes.

Anyway careful who you recruit this late in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

One thing is new players don't have enough information explaining how to play the game. They run around wasting hrs like me to try and do quest to get a level. Then energy lost and they sleep forever to regain energy. Better newbie guides. On how to boost energy use market locations etc. Once the players know how to play and then probably they would join up with a town. I tried joining 1 town but no response so I think they probably quite game because bored out of gord. Also the communication I tried asking people in game questions and no responces. They should set up a better communication style like runescape has.

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
I hadnt recruited anyone for months but in the last week I recruited 5 people.Which im really happy about.
Ive found a good tactic.