The West Duel Report Converter

DeletedUser

You can simplify your code^^

For these results, where we see quicly the difference between 2 players:

1224897126_Duel.PNG

lowercase for code and [size] doesn't work in The West IG forum

1224897358_Duel2.PNG

I forget the last [/b] code ^^

i like the way it is outputted there and i will work towards creating that output format :)

DeletedUser

I noticed that you put 'Yup the first duel report converter for The West :D'

However, Jumpa, from .de has made one, and it has a date before yours. So who's was first?

DeletedUser

I noticed that you put 'Yup the first duel report converter for The West :D'

However, Jumpa, from .de has made one, and it has a date before yours. So who's was first?

well as sanders said mines for the English version :p

DeletedUser

Update

Ok ive done an update :D

It now outputs like so:

Duel:
lol vs lol

Results:
No Hit :: No Hit
No Hit :: Strike: Right Shoulder - 6 HP
Strike: Head - 40 HP :: No Hit
Strike: Head - 19 HP :: Strike: Left arm - 7 HP
Total: - 59 HP :: Total: - 13 HP

Report Converted by The Duel Converter

SO now its easier to understand. Also it now works with ingame forums :D

~Crag

DeletedUser1105

Ignore my ignorance guys, but what are the benefits to this tool? Why is it needed?

DeletedUser

To post in-game when you get dueled. This easily helps someone see what currently their dueling style is and duelers can quickly change their style to attack the "said" dueler and KO him before he changes his style.

DeletedUser1105

Ah I see. My argument was going to be that people change their style after every duel, to prevent that.

But, by the time you have travelled to this person's town to duel him/her, wouldn't they have most likely already changed their style?

DeletedUser

Ah I see. My argument was going to be that people change their style after every duel, to prevent that.

But, by the time you have travelled to this person's town to duel him/her, wouldn't they have most likely already changed their style?

Reverse psycology. A good dueler would change their style. However a pro(or noob) dueler might change it so if someone changed their dueling style to combat agaisnt his previous style, he would make up a new style to combat the style that was suppose to pwn his previous style. (Confusing isn't it :eek:hmy::eek:hmy:)

Then the duelers trying to duel him would realize this and change their style so they pwn the enemys dueling style WHICh was suppose to pwn the other duelers style for changing so they could defeat his previous style.

OR OR a dueler just might make up a random dueling style like I do. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1105

I see what you are saying.

It doesn't matter how sophisticated a tactic you use (I'm gonna do a style that will the style that he thinks I think he thinks I think he might probably use....) or how random though.

You are never gonna know what the next guy is gonna do.

Unless you have a lot of battles with the same person, and analyse all of the battles. That's just too much effort, and no fun at all.

DeletedUser

Cragsterboy,
In the solution given to you, I propose that every hurt concerning an opponent is written by a specific color (or simply, left in one color, right in an another color).
It should be easier to detect what player was touched.
Do you see what I mean ?
If not, please compare your last version (very near to the best code^^) and my example. Maybe, it's too difficult for you to code :laugh:

DeletedUser

ttissi i did try and do what you suggested but as you said it was too hard for me to code lol i just couldn't find away to do it. But iam busy with another project at the moment, so while this project is stable i will release another project which im doing with TeaAndScones and then update this one ;)

:indian:Crag

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

ttissi i did try and do what you suggested but as you said it was too hard for me to code lol i just couldn't find away to do it. But iam busy with another project at the moment, so while this project is stable i will release my other project and then update this one ;)

:indian:Crag
ahummm your project!