The West Duel Report Converter

DeletedUser

Yup the first duel report converter for The West :D

Well in my opinion its still in beta, because it does what is requested of it but the output format isnt that great at the moment :p but its understandable :)

But anyway you can find the duel reporter HERE or by clicking the banner at the top :)
Follow the instructions provided on the page and you should get a report like so:

Duel:
bill vs ben

Results:
No Hit :: No Hit
No Hit :: Strike: Right Shoulder - 6 HP
Strike: Head - 40 HP :: No Hit
Strike: Head - 19 HP :: Strike: Left arm - 7 HP
Total: - 59 HP :: Total: - 13 HP

Report Converted by The Duel Converter

As i said it does not output to great. But please note this is my first attempt of writing php from scratch normally i just edit php lol. But anyway if there are any php gods out there willing to help me fix the issue of output please contact me.

I was going to output the result as images but ran into a barrier, that is you can only have 4 images in one post and the report would of had 16 images lol.

But anyway as i said its a BETA nothing amazing, but if you would like to suggest an improvement or idea please shout out

Thanks,

~Crag

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i think it should be a bit more clear and easier to read.. and when i tried it I couldnt copy the hits from the report. im using FF3, but it might just fail.

DeletedUser

yes like i said, its not a great output, but it shows the results and saves time from taking a screenshot :) But anyway ive just checked it in FF3 and it works fine, did you follow the instructions on the page?

DeletedUser

Hey Cragsterboy, it's a great tool, but there's a lot of flaws when posting in-game. It's simple stuff, but it's a ball-ache to go through and fix. If you could change all of the bb-code lettering to lower case, that would be great. Also, the HP size is set at 4, which doesn't work in-game. Don't know if that was supposed to be 14? If you put these changes in place, it would be a fantastic and much-appreciated tool to use. Thanks. :D

DeletedUser

I've just noticed the word "avatar" appears a coupl of times, too. I'm assuming this was something to do with attempting to put pictures in? Not trying to pick faults, just thought you'd like to know. :)

Edit: The word avatar appears because you're copying and pasting your avatar from the report. Anyone who uses this converter will have to delete that if they want to get rid of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yes like i said, its not a great output, but it shows the results and saves time from taking a screenshot :) But anyway ive just checked it in FF3 and it works fine, did you follow the instructions on the page?

oh, now i got it to work, somehow missed the html part :D.

Duel:

hotel guest vs The Thief

Results:

No Hit Strike: Right Arm - 5 HP No Hit No Hit No Hit No Hit No Hit Strike: Left arm - 5 HP Strike: Left arm - 13 HP No Hit No Hit No Hit No Hit Strike: Head - 20 HP No Hit Strike: Left arm - 6 HP Total: - 13 HP Total: - 36 HP

Report Converted by The Duel Converter

DeletedUser

Unless of course I've missed the point and it's intended for using on here?:confused:

DeletedUser

Hey Cragsterboy, it's a great tool, but there's a lot of flaws when posting in-game. It's simple stuff, but it's a ball-ache to go through and fix. If you could change all of the bb-code lettering to lower case, that would be great. Also, the HP size is set at 4, which doesn't work in-game. Don't know if that was supposed to be 14? If you put these changes in place, it would be a fantastic and much-appreciated tool to use. Thanks. :D

I made it to post in these forums at moment, i haven't developed it to post in game, but i will start to work towards it to work with in game forums

I've just noticed the word "avatar" appears a coupl of times, too. I'm assuming this was something to do with attempting to put pictures in? Not trying to pick faults, just thought you'd like to know. :)

Edit: The word avatar appears because you're copying and pasting your avatar from the report. Anyone who uses this converter will have to delete that if they want to get rid of it.

Yes, you dont copy and paste the whole report you just copy it from the first round :)

DeletedUser

I found a bug with the BB CODES. It puts the codes in CAPITALS which makes them invalid. Oh wait already posted lol.

DeletedUser

I found a bug with the BB CODES. It puts the codes in CAPITALS which makes them invalid. Oh wait already posted lol.

is this posting into your town forums or these forums, because if its these forums it should work ;)

DeletedUser

You can simplify your code^^

For these results, where we see quicly the difference between 2 players:

1224897126_Duel.PNG

lowercase for code and [size] doesn't work in The West IG forum

1224897358_Duel2.PNG

I forget the last [/b] code ^^

DeletedUser

What ttissi said, just change the code into lower case letters, and that solves the majority of the issues. The size is a different matter...;)

DeletedUser

Any add-on for firefox that can change all letters to lower-case maybe?

DeletedUser

Solution found! (firefox ONLY!)

Go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/770 and download that add-on.

WARNING: Add-ons are downloaded at your own risk. Firefox are not responsible for any damages to computers!!!

Find where your code is and highlight the whole thing.
Right-click.
Hit "Leet Key" > "Text Transformers" > "To lowercase"

Next, you have to get rid of ALL of the size codes and you will have a decent fix.