An Idea from the Dutch The West, Just Married

DeletedUser5046

hahaha...hey...i don't think same sex marriage is already out in TW era....*and marriage it self is a headache for everyone now^^*

what more will it be when its SS marriage..^^

DeletedUser5046

hey...that's cool... the girl will surely be guarding her hubby^^...

DeletedUser

I think its a bad idea.
This is why:
I believe nothing should be done in this game that wasn't actually done in the REAL wild west. Therefore, if we implemented marriage into the game we couldn't implement divorce because back in the days of the wild west, divorce was illegal. However, I think that once getting married, a lot of people would want to get divorced because they would find out that their new spouse is a real lazy bones. Therefore, the idea of marriage would not be possible in this game because its hard to get to know them before you get married.

However, I just thought of something. If marriage is only allowed between town members, it might be feasible because you can get to know your town members pretty well (e.g. how active they are).

DeletedUser1105

This was a dead thread, and I think it should be left that way.

DeletedUser

It will just start anew . Like trading ,taxes , and Why don't the town get money from the hotel ? .

DeletedUser

Hello everyone,
first i want to say: i'm Dutch so if you don't understand it. Ask it!

This is SirTristans Idea (if you don't know him, he's dutch):
our Idea: you can marry people, when you go to the church in your town you,
you type a player name, when he or she accepts it comes automaticly in your profile, like this: ''Married with ....'' or something.
If you're Married you can do some things like: you can see if this person is attacked or you can give presents. (you can always say if you don't like that part)

here is a screen of me, of the church:

I hope you like this Idea, More Information or more adds post it. :)

to get it back on track and finalize it as why it should be a big fat NO
what benefit would it serve other then to waste the programmers time with something that can be done by the player themselves

example 1: put the marriage announcement in your profile
example 2: can be used as a exploit if marriage allows you to trade items with another. this would create level 20 players running around in fancy waistcoats/felt hat/spiked shoes
if only 1 item can be gifted then marry 3 times
but even only 1 of the items would throw the dueling system out of wack

DeletedUser

Re Marriage in this game

*tears hair out and agrees with sdjx that this should be a dead and buried topic*

The team aspect of this game ie team /town jobs or quests is far more appealing than proclaiming to the whole world that you love a specific player.

You can do that in your personal profile and ingame telegrams. Just leave it out of game mechanics :nowink: