banks getting robbed and people put to jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Exactly as you describe it my simian pal. apart from there would be no formal need for 'accepting' a bounty, anyone can do it if they kill the right guy......even by accident. i got a couple of refinements if the idea is accepted.

DeletedUser

sure why no, i wouldnt say day's' i say about 8 hours more game like

DeletedUser

Maybe implement a similar system to hire soldiers to "defend" the town from stray duelers and later town shootouts? The duelers would have to defeat the soldier before attacking the residents, and the duelist would have no indication to add more risk to attacking targets. A sort of mercenary thing.

DeletedUser

that would be a lot harder to do, and the soldier would have to stay at the town to make itwork. nobody wants to sit around and wait to get attacked

DeletedUser

pleh. then soldiers r boring. BORING. go be a dueler. boring soldier.

DeletedUser

People like different things, i'm absolutely amazed anyone would choose to be a builder....but they do.

DeletedUser1105

I've chosen that on World 1 Ulthor :p Mainly because I was part of a new town so would like to help build it up. Once the town is maxed I can go and change my stats and be whatever I want to. It extends my gameplay, in a way.

I'm an adventurer on World 2.

DeletedUser

I'm not dissing builders . Just saying that the way people like to play the game is VERY different and the more that can be accomodated within a plausible setting , the better. At the moment we are all forced to converge on the same style of play.

DeletedUser

I am a soldier on world three, it is BORING. Good call kieghlon. The whole point of soldier is to win a duel when you are the defense, the only fallacy there is that nobody wants to attack a soldier when they know they have a high chance of losing. I've only been attacked once throughout my whole time playing world three, and it was by some guy way above my level (and I still won :p). Something needs to be put into the game to give soldiers a purpose, or change their class bonuses.

DeletedUser

The point of being a Soldier , in My opinion , is to place Yourself between others and danger . Otherwise I whole heartedly agree with You .

DeletedUser

I avoid duelling soldiers like yourself because [ironically] they are better duellers. They don't defend towns they don't do nuffink. maybe it will all become apparent when shootouts happen. These shootouts better be good, because it seems everyone is requiring them to fix a number of game inadequacies.

DeletedUser

True , at present it is a under utilized class . From a game mechanics point of view .
I choose it because My character concept was hunter ,tracker , army scout , Sheriff .
I have hopes that what I envisioned might some day pan out .

DeletedUser1105

Organs, to have one without the other would be unfair on the towns.

Yes, by all means have a go at robbing my hard earned money in my bank/treasury whatever, but there has to be a way of me stopping you, or punishing you.

DeletedUser

too true monkey man. now you and ulthor go reply to my summary post. i respect both of your opinions greatly.

DeletedUser

Don't forget organs! A day without organs is like gin without tonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.