Building my own town

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hi everyone - I've not yet reached the stage where I can decide my character class although I have a pretty good idea what I want to be.

I'm already a member of a decent size town with all the shops, bank & hotel all at a good level.

Is there much point in deciding to build my own town apart from being able to 'call it my own'?

It seems an awful lot of hassle as I'm unlikely to choose the worker class so clearly would make building a lot longer and more expensive for me...

Looking forward to people's comments! :)

DeletedUser

hey y r u making another town :(
and also i promote ppl over time

DeletedUser

Building a town is great, if you're a builder and thats what you want to do. :)
If you're not planning on being a builder and already belong to a good town, size is only a small factor, then there isn't alot of point in founding your own except to say it's yours.:)

DeletedUser

Thanks SmittenKitten! :)

Anyone else got an opinion?

All comments welcome! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It’s a great deal of time and money. There are 10 billion towns judging by the number little red dots, so don’t expect much help from green horns or any players; till the town is built up. Best to pick a pre-excising town that is small, and help build it up. Starting a town is bighting off more then you can chew.:nowink:

DeletedUser

The main thing to remember is to join FoM with your new town. If you don't, people will attack your workers until they get all weepy and quit the game. Admittedly, you're going in at a disadvantage since your character name doesn't give visions of fur suits and pederasty but if you always append every forum message with 8 to 10 completely unnecessary and insincere emoticons that might be enough to make up for it.

DeletedUser

Interesting comments Regg... I believe there is a great deal of sparring between FoM and your towns verbally on the forum, but I don't recall hearing much about any actual putting your dueling where your mouth is. Or at least not recently - Perhaps there is some covert allegiance or non aggression or fear... Hmmmm...

DeletedUser

You've found me out! I am actually Dusty the Cat's alternate character. Now you know why we've never been seen together.

And as long as I'm spilling the beans I think it's time for Gyoza to stop pretending and just admit that he's really KittenLicker.

DeletedUser

Nah - Sorry - my mistake. Misread on my part. Though that would be an interesting twist - now wouldn't it... Cheers!

DeletedUser

lol this thread tuned into FoM thread

@ topic keep building ur builder we r going to get a new town soon .. bill ;)

DeletedUser

Stay on topic...

movie_bg.jpg

DeletedUser

It is On Topic (sort of). Wedge Antilles is telling himself to "Stay on "Target"" as he makes his run down the Death Star Trench. Just before he gets clipped by a turbo laser bolt and smacks into a building. Kinda like this thread!

Building a town from green horn status is a loooonnngggg difficult road. Take a look at all the grey, ghost towns and see how many people gave up after less than 100 points added to the town.

DeletedUser

Building a town from green horn status is a loooonnngggg difficult road. Take a look at all the grey, ghost towns and see how many people gave up after less than 100 points added to the town.
i built the town from greenhorn status,it is maxed out now and have 45 people and also a fort :D

DeletedUser

i built the town from greenhorn status,it is maxed out now and have 45 people and also a fort :D

We started from greenhorn took our town to max. Got 47 citizens living there. And we control 2 forts, 1 Large and 1 medium. Plus we helped in founding 2 other towns which are growing rather nicely.:D:p

Status
Not open for further replies.