Daily Gospel

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

...erm but they probably saw them screaming and suchlike and thought 'blimey, that looks painful'

DeletedUser

From the height of the Pyramid, very little could be seen or heard below. And anyway, with your heart cut out and priests already subjecting your body to other mutilations, you would die of shock, pain or blood loss before you had a chance to make people understand just how much it hurt.

Not only that, but as they thought that they were pleasing the gods, and with having your heart cut out in front of thousands, you would be pumping so much adrenaline that you felt little or no pain anyway.

DeletedUser

Do NOT try to lecture me about Aztec society. I have studied it for years and spent months in Mexico as the on-site historian for an Archaeological excavation.

Religion was the cover for the wars, not the cause, and not the reason they continued them.

And dieing for the Gods would have been thought to be painless, as the Gods would relieve you of the pain. It wasn't as if anyone survived to tell them that it was actually very painful, now, was it?
You don't have to get mad at me for disagreeing(sp?) with you...:sad:

DeletedUser

It's not a matter of opinion. Sorry if I got too angry, but it was quite annoying to be treated like most of my life never happened. Anyway - sorry about all that.

DeletedUser

It's not a matter of opinion. Sorry if I got too angry, but it was quite annoying to be treated like most of my life never happened. Anyway - sorry about all that.
This is the internet... Most of your life has never happened here.;)

DeletedUser

Its very nice to see how calm people could in here are..I extend my gratitude to each one in here..

It is said..no matter how good the things you are to say. if it is said in a negative manner, then such message is likely to be taken negatively...:indian:

DeletedUser

18th OF DECEMBER, 2008

Gospel for today:
Matthew 1:18-25 THE BIRTH OF JESUS

Food for thought:
“You’re not just a number computers can trace; God knows your need, your name, your face.”

:coolg:

DeletedUser

19th OF DECEMBER, 2008

Gospel for today:
Luke 1:5-25 ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE BIRTH OF JESUS

Food for thought:
“Jesus came to give light to a dark world.”

.:coolg:

DeletedUser

20th OF DECEMBER, 2008

Gospel for today:
Luke 1:26-38 ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE BIRTH OF JESUS
(yesterday, it was the –“birth of John”..Sorry..)

Food for thought:
“The joy of doing good may be the only reward we receive – but its worth it!”

:coolg:

DeletedUser

I don't want to sound negative, but I am amazed at the ridiculousness of some of my fellow "Christians." Yes, the Bible is true; but we don't need to use false information to prove it. It has been said that the "fact" that men have one less rib on one side proves that the Bible is true. This is not true. ADAM had one less rib - not you or me. Everyone should know that - didn't you have science class in school?

It was also said that the "fact" that Constantine saw a burning cross in the sky proves that Christianity is the correct way. Many people of many religions have seen signs - the fact that Constantine saw one proves nothing (Furthermore, the only religion Constantine's sign strengthens is Catholicism, not Christianity) The Bible says in II Corinthians 11:14, ". . . for even Satan disguises himself as an Angel of light." So we see that visions can be the guiding work of God or the misguiding work of Satan. The only way we can judge visions is if we compare them to the Word of God and see if they agree. Constantine's vision was contrary to God's Word - the Bible nowhere tells us to go and conquer the world in the name of Christ or the cross. Therefore, Constantine's vision was from Satan.

The idea that religion and science are separate thoughts is erroneous. This has been foisted upon us by our humanistic society. Every place that the Bible speaks on scientific matters it is correct - it has never been wrong. God created the scientific laws by which our universe is governed.

A society which shuns religion from public places and refuses to discuss it is a society in decline. Religious debate is always a good thing. I think you make a very horrible mistake when you assume it can do no good, mean monkey. I am glad that everybody has taken part of such a healthy discussion.

DeletedUser

nice to see that not all of you christians are desperately clutching at straws.

my only comment, Catholicism is Christianity. There are other types, but they are all part of the same overall faith.

DeletedUser

Every debate is a good debate as long as it is in the light of information sharing. And as long as it don't result in slandering the person himself, it won't end in negative results or violent reactions.
An opinion is an opinion, whether based on facts, the point of the speaker still is an opinion. That's why it is always better to simply share what one knows without negating what the opposing part has just said.
Therefore in the light of good sharing, I'd rather better call this information/opinion sharing a "discussion" or forum, not a debate. Since a debate involves assailing the view of another; and such will be an invite to negativity.

I appreciate everyone who has taken the time to drop in this thread. Sahre your opinion, or just read on..its fine. As long as the Good News has been imparted.

Respects to all.

Lord3angle/Maharlika:indian:

DeletedUser

21st OF DECEMBER, 2008

Gospel for today:
Luke 1:26-38 ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE BIRTH OF JESUS

Food for thought:
“God’s answers to prayers may exceed our expectations.”

DeletedUser

I have two questions about christianity, don't take them as insults, just questions.
1: Why did it take God 6 days to create earth if he is all-knowing and all-powerfull?
2: If God created us, how was God created?

DeletedUser

My friend, in Christianity..and I believe the other sects may agree..we have what we call Divine Mysteries..and those which you seek answers to, are most likely among those mysteries I have mentioned, similar to how come there are 3 persons in one God (Holy Trinity)? And for that, I'd like to quote a rector years back when I myself was so full of questions..he said..

"When reasons end, and so does the answers to the question 'why'; that's where Faith begins.." :indian:

With that I give you the Gospel for today..

22nd OF DECEMBER, 2008

Gospel for today:
Luke 1:46-56 THE CANTICLE OF MARY

Food for thought:
“Find true freedom by walking obediently with God.”

DeletedUser

Hard Questions? No

My friends,
These are not hard questions - please do not take this as an insult. I am just saying that one who has spent time studying the Bible should be able to answer these questions for people.
Why did God use six days to create the world? God used six and then rested on the seventh day to give us an example. God wants us to work all week long, like He did, and then rest. He created us this way; we function best when we follow his example. Different societies have tried to do it different ways because they detested the Bible and did not want to follow its precepts. For example, the French, some time around the French Revolution, decided to work for nine days and rest on the tenth (they called it a decade instead of a week). Their people were not as productive, and they had to revert back to the old system. They were exhausted from nine days of work. You see, things work best when we follow the plan God gives us in the Bible. Furthermore, God wants us to set aside a day to worship Him. We do this on the day of rest.
God wasn't created. It's that simple. However, it is hard for our minds to comprehend an eternal being. God has always existed and always will exist. It is amazing, and is a mystery to our minds. Furthermore, it is the only logical explanation (besides the fact that the Bible tells us so), for if God had a creator, then God's creator had to have had a creator. It could go on and on; and you would never come up with an answer other than the one that the Bible gives us. The Bible is the Word of God.
The trinity has been very hard for many people to understand, but it is often because they do not realize that they themselves are a trinity. YOU have a body, spirt, and soul. Your body is the physical element of your being. Your body has been cursed with sin - it becomes sick, it gets hurt, it desires whatever makes it feel good whether God has told us it is bad for us or not (e.g. sin). God's body, of course, has not been tainted with sin. God's body is the part of himself that has become visible to man. It is spiritual, so he can become invisible to us or take on any form He desires. When God led the Hebrews out of Egypt with a cloud be day and a pillar of fire by night - that was the body part of God. The Bible speaks of a priest named Melchizedek who appeared to Abraham - that was the Body part of God. A heavenly man wrestled with Jacob - that was the body part of God. Jesus Christ was the body part of God, born as a man, who led a sinless life and died in our place to save us from hell. (This is why Jesus Christ is called the Son of God. The body part of God was not a son before he was born through Mary.) We all deserve hell for our sins, but God loves us so much that He went to hell in our place so that we wouldn't have to go there.
Your spirit is that part of you that completely desires to do good. God's Spirit indwells those that believe in Him. We call Him the Holy Spirit.
Your soul is that part of you which decides to either follow the desire of the spirit or follow the desire of the flesh. It is the "boss" per-say. We call the soul of God "Father."
You are a trinity. God is a trinity. This is because you have been made in the image and likeness of God. Genesis 1:26 says, "Then God said, 'Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness...'" This verse can also be used to prove plurality in the God head. Who was God talking to when He said "Let Us make man . . . according to Our likeness"? It was the Soul of God speaking to the Body of God.

DeletedUser

My friends,
These are not hard questions - please do not take this as an insult. I am just saying that one who has spent time studying the Bible should be able to answer these questions for people.
Why did God use six days to create the world? God used six and then rested on the seventh day to give us an example. God wants us to work all week long, like He did, and then rest. He created us this way; we function best when we follow his example. Different societies have tried to do it different ways because they detested the Bible and did not want to follow its precepts. For example, the French, some time around the French Revolution, decided to work for nine days and rest on the tenth (they called it a decade instead of a week). Their people were not as productive, and they had to revert back to the old system. They were exhausted from nine days of work. You see, things work best when we follow the plan God gives us in the Bible. Furthermore, God wants us to set aside a day to worship Him. We do this on the day of rest.
God wasn't created. It's that simple. However, it is hard for our minds to comprehend an eternal being. God has always existed and always will exist. It is amazing, and is a mystery to our minds. Furthermore, it is the only logical explanation (besides the fact that the Bible tells us so), for if God had a creator, then God's creator had to have had a creator. It could go on and on; and you would never come up with an answer other than the one that the Bible gives us. The Bible is the Word of God.
The trinity has been very hard for many people to understand, but it is often because they do not realize that they themselves are a trinity. YOU have a body, spirt, and soul. Your body is the physical element of your being. Your body has been cursed with sin - it becomes sick, it gets hurt, it desires whatever makes it feel good whether God has told us it is bad for us or not (e.g. sin). God's body, of course, has not been tainted with sin. God's body is the part of himself that has become visible to man. It is spiritual, so he can become invisible to us or take on any form He desires. When God led the Hebrews out of Egypt with a cloud be day and a pillar of fire by night - that was the body part of God. The Bible speaks of a priest named Melchizedek who appeared to Abraham - that was the Body part of God. A heavenly man wrestled with Jacob - that was the body part of God. Jesus Christ was the body part of God, born as a man, who led a sinless life and died in our place to save us from hell. (This is why Jesus Christ is called the Son of God. The body part of God was not a son before he was born through Mary.) We all deserve hell for our sins, but God loves us so much that He went to hell in our place so that we wouldn't have to go there.
Your spirit is that part of you that completely desires to do good. God's Spirit indwells those that believe in Him. We call Him the Holy Spirit.
Your soul is that part of you which decides to either follow the desire of the spirit or follow the desire of the flesh. It is the "boss" per-say. We call the soul of God "Father."
You are a trinity. God is a trinity. This is because you have been made in the image and likeness of God. Genesis 1:26 says, "Then God said, 'Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness...'" This verse can also be used to prove plurality in the God head. Who was God talking to when He said "Let Us make man . . . according to Our likeness"? It was the Soul of God speaking to the Body of God.

Interesting...
But I have another question,
why did god intervene in the past way more than he does now?

DeletedUser

Very good explanation, Justin Michael. I'm highly honored to have someone going through this thread and help explain things. Thank you for sharing what you know. I myself learn a lot of thins from you. And I am certain that so does a lot of people in here esp those who hasn't or doesn't study the Bible.
God bless you for having done so.

As for the latest query, God has "meddled" in the past I believe is better said as guided and taught people in the past. As human beings, we have been bestowed with the gift of Free will..which people usually use more often in accordance with the call of the flesh, therefore the call of sin. And so, as evident in the Bible, being His created in His image and likeness, He constantly watches over us; either rewarding us, reminding us that there are consequences for making wrong choices, and also being the Almighty Father, being forgiving shall we take time to reflect, repent and choose to change for the better.:indian:

I'm sure there will be additional views later to supply answer to your question, my brother..

As for now I give you..

23rd OF DECEMBER, 2008

Gospel for today:
Luke 1:47-66 THE BIRTH OF JOHN

Food for thought:
“A Christian’s future is as bright as the promises of God.”

DeletedUser

Ooops, sorry..geheim05, you didn't use meddled..you used intervene; basically..the answer still is as I have written in my aforementioned reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.