Daily Gospel

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Well, since God still controls the events of our world, I assume you mean "Why does God not appear to man anymore?" What we must understand is that God works in dispensations. That is, He has multiple short-term plans in His overall long-term plan. Let me explain. In the past, God’s message has been that you must get on the ark to survive destruction. However, I’m not building an ark in my back yard. And, yet again, God’s gospel to others has been to follow Moses through the wilderness to the promise land. Well, I’ve not bought any tickets to go to Israel. You see, God’s plan isn’t always the same – what He’s done in the past isn’t always what He wants done today.
That being said, “Why does God not appear to man anymore?” Well, we must first look to see why God appears to man. God has appeared to men in the past to give them guidance or correction. When the Hebrews were slaves in Egypt, they could not read the Bible to see what they should do – it hadn’t been written yet. God had to lead them. Here is another example, the prophets told the Israelites what God wanted them to do in certain situations. Why? Because Israel did not have a completed Bible. When the king of Babylon, Nebuchadnezzar, was about to conquer Israel, the Hebrews could not look in the Bible to see what they should do – the book of Jeremiah hadn’t been written yet. They had to go to Jeremiah and ask him what it was that the Lord wanted them to do.
The Lord appeared to the Apostles in the early Church because we needed guidance. A new dispensation was starting – the Church Age. This age, which had previously not been explained in the Bible, was only referred to as the “Mystery.” You see, salvation had always been offered to people by joining the nation of Israel. However, Salvation was now being offered to everyone regardless of their race. This was something new, which had never been explained in the Bible. Therefore, God revealed it to us by speaking directly with His Apostles. Now we have the entire New Testament. There is nothing more which we need to know. So, we see that God only appears to men when there is something which He desires to reveal to us which we cannot learn in the Bible. The last revelation that we have been given was the Revelation unto the Apostle John. It is the last book in our Bible.
However, there will come a time when God shall reveal Himself to men once again. A new, seven-year dispensation will come about which the Bible refers to as the Tribulation period. During this time people will need revelation from God because the Bible, so far, does not speak to much about it. After this Tribulation, God will come to earth and rule it for one thousand years. This is called the Millennium dispensation. God will appear to all again.

DeletedUser

Very elaborate indeed, I must say. And very much appreciated also by myself, Mr. Michael..

I'd give you only for today, but maybe not only..:unsure:

24th OF DECEMBER, 2008

Gospel for today:
Luke 1:67-79 THE CANTICLE OF ZECHARIAH

Food for thought:
“The proof of our love for God is our obedience to the commands of God.”

I am not sure if I could play/go online tomorrow, so here it is..

[FONT=&quot]Merry Christmas everyone!!![/FONT]

25th OF DECEMBER, 2008

Gospel for today:
Luke 2:1-14 THE BIRTH OF JESUS

Food for thought:
“T give meaning to Christmas, give Christ first place.”

:coolg:

DeletedUser

I am amazed at the content in this thread. Myself being a Christian attending a Catholic school, I don't know many of the things stated here. I read the Bible in tid-bits, I have never really read it all word for word. I know general knowledge about our faith, and other faiths as I try to understand all faiths evenly before I go and judge or talk about them.

To answer an above question which has already been somewhat answered.

2: If God created us, how was God created?

In the Bible, not sure which verse or chapter, but I've read it before. God is called the Alpha and Omega, meaning the beginning/start and end. Meaning God is the all-mighty who was the first to appear, and will be the last to end if he ever will.

God is the beginning, and will always be. Think about it if God was not the beginning, you would be tracing his creator, and his creator's creator all the way back. There has to be a beginning, and that beginning will not have a creator because that creator would have to have one too.

Using my faith's knowledge, and common sense, God is the beginning and the end.

I'll try posting in this thread much as possible. My answers might not be entirely correct, but I try. I'm not a heavy Bible reader, and I'm sad to admit that. I would like to read it much more, as much as an Orthodox. They have an incredible knowledge of the Bible and the example it sets. I'll try reading up on the bible more to help out here, rather than using Wiki or Google to search it.

DeletedUser

:indian: I'd like to thank you, and would like to let you know that your views are very much appreciated, brother Rilly Rob. And I know He who knows it all appreciates it much as well that you would decide to read the Bible more often that you used to. He should always come first in our lives, as He is the beginning. And only He gives us beginnings..even at whatever that ends, he gives as much a new beginning to whoever deserves in the light of His mercy.

Respects.

:indian:

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
God is the beginning, and will always be. Think about it if God was not the beginning, you would be tracing his creator, and his creator's creator all the way back. There has to be a beginning, and that beginning will not have a creator because that creator would have to have one too.

Using my faith's knowledge, and common sense, God is the beginning and the end.

If god can be eternal then what's the problem with something that is not imagined as human-like being eternal? Is there any difference at all.

You can say thinks where built in motion, or build stationary and put in motion (by something built in motion). Both have the same beginnings. You can take 'built' as placement, not human creation.

By the way, what's faith-knowledge :eek:

[Get on with your bible study, I don't mind. Put effort in though, I know I would if I was convinced I had a personally relationship with all-powerful/knowing]

DeletedUser

Forgive me for being slow, nashy19; but I'm having a hard time following your post. Please, explain yourself.

DeletedUser

We as individuals all have different relationships with our Creator..just as a child has a relationship with his father..your relationship with your father is not the same relationship I have with my father. Therefore, we have different relationships with the Father.
Brother nashy, you say you don't have a personal relationship with the Father, probably due to the reason that you don't put in effort to. All you have to do is make the effort, and not rely on other people to make that for you. We shall be "evaluated" by what we did and how we lived out life, not how others influence us.
Faith is knowledge..I believe Faith is more wisdom with knowledge, not knowledge alone.
But no matter what you beliefs may be..the Father is still taking time to be with you. I hope you notice He's just right beside you.:indian:

With that..here's for today..

26th OF DECEMBER, 2008

Gospel for today:
Matthew 10:17-22 COMING PERSECUTIONS

Food for thought:
“The gospel never grows old.”

DeletedUser

Justin, a bit late reply. But with intervene I also meant for example that city full of sin that He destroyed. But still, interesting post again.

DeletedUser

Sodom and Gamora.
Often times today we do not see the acts of nature as the discipline of God. We have been indoctrinated with the idea of "mother nature" and pass off all natural events as "her" workings. I am not saying that fire and brimstone are common elements that come flying out of the sky; all I am saying is that God can destroy with a tsunami or earthquake as well. God's ways are His own and often times a mystery to us.

Think about it this way though - if you were God, would you destroy a city using supernatural methods today? I don't think you would. If you did, you would force people to believe in the supernatural; however, God does not want to force you to believe in Him or the unseen. He wants you to exercise faith.

". . . blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed . . ." John 20:29

DeletedUser

God bless you for your good exercise of wisdom, brother Justin.. :indian:

27th OF DECEMBER, 2008

Gospel for today:
John 20:1A, 2-8

Food for thought:
“Godly forefathers make good teachers.”

DeletedUser

Sodom and Gamora.
Often times today we do not see the acts of nature as the discipline of God. We have been indoctrinated with the idea of "mother nature" and pass off all natural events as "her" workings. I am not saying that fire and brimstone are common elements that come flying out of the sky; all I am saying is that God can destroy with a tsunami or earthquake as well. God's ways are His own and often times a mystery to us.

Think about it this way though - if you were God, would you destroy a city using supernatural methods today? I don't think you would. If you did, you would force people to believe in the supernatural; however, God does not want to force you to believe in Him or the unseen. He wants you to exercise faith.

". . . blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed . . ." John 20:29
Ok, thanks.:)

DeletedUser

28th OF DECEMBER, 2008

Gospel for today:
Luke 2:22-40 THE PRESENTATION IN THE TEMPLE

Food for thought:
“To live for Christ, we must learn to die to self.”

DeletedUser

I would be careful about being disrespectful to any of the infinite gods which TRULY roam the universe. While it is fine to simply believe in just one god, it is a whole new thing to dismiss the others as ridiculous lies.

DeletedUser

I would be careful about being disrespectful to any of the infinite gods which TRULY roam the universe. While it is fine to simply believe in just one god, it is a whole new thing to dismiss the others as ridiculous lies.

I believe brother that in an earlier post in the thread, nobody said anything about dismissing the fact about other gods. In fact even in the Bible, the Lord Himself referred to some as the god Molech, the god Baal, the godess Ashterah...
Now, even in His first among the Ten Commandments, He never said "I am the only god you are to believe in..", instead He commanded Thou shall not have any other gods before Me. He just wanted us to worship Him alone and not the others.:indian:

With that said...

29th OF DECEMBER, 2008

Gospel for today:
Luke 2:22-35 THE CANTICLE OF SIMEON

Food for thought:
“Friendships can help dispel loneliness.”

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
Thou shall not have any other gods before Me. He just wanted us to worship Him alone and not the others.

Thou shall not have any other gods before Me literally means "Thou shall not have any other gods before Me" That doesn't say he wants you to worship him alone, that says he wants to be worshiped first and utmost.

Quotes say what they say, you can't make it up as you go along because you believe god is telling you the truth, if you did do that god would be half-right and poetic.

By the way is something good because it pleases god or does it please god because it is good? :laugh:

Yes because if you dismiss the others as ridicules lies you:
1. Send yourself to many hells
2. Ruin your main argument of you can not disprove it therefor it is true
3. And the other argument talking about how no normal person could write books/scripts like that.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

The Bible teaches there is only one God. God never referred to those other gods as actually being gods. In the Bible, the one true God, YHWH, refers to all others as dumb idols. (by dumb I mean mute and deaf)

DeletedUser

YHWH is the Hebrew tetragrammaton which is the one true God's name. In English it is translated, "I AM WHO I AM," or more simply, "I AM." Pretty awesome, hey?

DeletedUser

Thou shall not have any other gods before Me literally means "Thou shall not have any other gods before Me" That doesn't say he wants you to worship him alone, that says he wants to be worshiped first and utmost.

Quotes say what they say, you can't make it up as you go along because you believe god is telling you the truth, if you did do that god would be half-right and poetic.

By the way is something good because it pleases god or does it please god because it is good? :laugh:

Yes because if you dismiss the others as ridicules lies you:
1. Send yourself to many hells
2. Ruin your main argument of you can not disprove it therefor it is true
3. And the other argument talking about how no normal person could write books/scripts like that.

I'm not saying I'm right, I'm not saying you're wrong, brother nashy..neither am I saying its the other way around. I'm simply just trying to put in my view such a way of being careful without offending the first person's initial view..Isn't that what I've been trying to do all along? And shall I be misquoted, well, I cannot please everybody with respect to their views, isn't that right, brother Justin?
Still, brother nashy..I could try as much as I could to try satisfy what you said, and whatever you say..but I can not be certain if it may be an exercise in futility. I wouldn't want to enter a discussion just to prove that I am knowledgeable..esp. since it has been said that that "the wisdom of even the scholars are wisdom of fools when it comes to the Lord". :indian:
As much as I believe in as well, if a persons view is responded to with outright negation, the first person would likely bring up his defenses right away and as well dismiss your response outright in his mind.then stating your view shall no longer matter actually for it won't be listened to. That's simply how I see it, brother Justin. Wherefore, the response I gave about "other gods". :indian:

And with those said..

30th OF DECEMBER, 2008

Gospel for today:
Luke 2:36-40 THE TESTIMONY OF ANNA

Food for thought:
“A word of encouragement can make the difference between giving up or going on.”

Status
Not open for further replies.