General Store keeps sold items

DeletedUser

I think that the general stores should be able to keep the items that are sold to it by other players, so that other people can buy them. For example, you go to a general store and sell some boots, other players should be able to buy the boots from the store.
This would enhance the whole purpose for cities, and would make it more interesting. Please consider.

DeletedUser

sounds like a good idea
though i believe it was posted before

DeletedUser

It's a lot easier than having a huge system of ordering items for your shop, because you can just work a job to get the items you want to sell at your store. It would also make a makeshift way of being able to trade with other players.

DeletedUser

love it though it might make some of the quests a bit easy

DeletedUser

nice idea. although i suggest that loot item can't be brought back. it defeat the purpose of quest or at least sold it at higher price than normal.

DeletedUser

Yes. Its a good idea.

love it though it might make some of the quests a bit easy

If a person is currently on a quest requiring an item that is in the store, the item could be set to 'disabled' so that it can be seen but not bought.

DeletedUser

Then all they would have to do is cancel the quest, buy it, then accept it again

DeletedUser

Is there any form of trading in this game?

I am used to trading of some form or another in online games. For some reason its non-existent here.

Is there a reason for that? It is intruiging to think that the game designers purposely left it out, but I can't come up with a reason why.

What is also lacking is some way to reward people, i.e. free trades...if someone helps me out or I want to keep their loyalty, I can't pay them or give them stuff.

DeletedUser

Items can be bought for quests...but what if they are not available until a level well above the requirement for the quest... One problem with re-sale is 5 people could take turns buying, completing the quest and selling for the next person... unless it was an item specifically wanted and useful to one individual. But then he could be last.

Or if it is an item not already available in stores/tailors as default items, that quest item NOT be available for resale and NON quest items be available

DeletedUser

Then all they would have to do is cancel the quest, buy it, then accept it again
he makes a point there maybe an auction would be better but if you sold it you can't get it back unless someone has it

DeletedUser

I am used to trading of some form or another in online games. For some reason its non-existent here.

Is there a reason for that? It is intruiging to think that the game designers purposely left it out, but I can't come up with a reason why.

What is also lacking is some way to reward people, i.e. free trades...if someone helps me out or I want to keep their loyalty, I can't pay them or give them stuff.

Because strong players might abuse this trade policy. They can blackmail the person they are trading with and gain the item they need. The kind of system of free trade will only get abused.

DeletedUser

Free trade and power flaunting was what made the old west awesome though.

DeletedUser

yer that is what made the old west cool and also this would tie in well with the game making it funner:cool::cool::eek:

DeletedUser

There would be no need to buy Produce other than for for quest completion anyway, so yeah, just clothing and items could be resold this way.

I actually started the game thinking this happened anyway, was v.dissapointed when I realised the weapons I sold to a general store effectively dissapeared afterwards.

Also, to give a realistic purpose, maybe the produce you sell for cash would then belong to that town (i.e. cannot be taken out/bought by members/players for quest completion). This would open up a whole new potential feature, which is maybe for another thread,

i.e.

town's general store has bought 20 pieces of corn.

this town can now sell whiskey.

OR

town's general store has bought 3 pieces of cloth, 1 pair of handcuffs, and 1 Rusty shot gun

this town can now employ a Deputy. Because so far, produce is useless except for selling for cheap, or for using on like one quest.

Also allows for future buildings, like a town could build a factory where they could turn produce like tobacco leaves into tobacco to sell, or clothings into saleable items.