GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program

• Thread starter DeletedUser13484
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Is this the best way to take a image or a person out of a photo or is the something you can out line around a image or person and take it out that way.

You can use the lasso tool which allows you to cut the object out by hand. I haven't had much success using it, my caffiene induced tremors make it rather messy.

I think that in most cases where the background isn't a solid colour, you have to clean up the edges by hand whichever method you use.

DeletedUser

Is this the best way to take a image or a person out of a photo or is the something you can out line around a image or person and take it out that way.

http://www.tutorialized.com/ has at least on tutorial on that (in particular for cutting a picture that has lots of single strands of hair). Can't remember if it's in the photoshop or GIMP section, but they're so similar anyway it doesn't really matter.

DeletedUser

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13484

I have done up to here (Duplicate the background layer 2 times, you should that layer 3 times then. On the top layer use Filter / Gaussian Blur: 18px.) I abit stuck at this part (Set the layer to 50% transparency in the layers dialog.) i know where to find transpaeency but how do i set it to 50%

DeletedUser13484

What site do you guys use to get good fonts from

I have a few but cant really find any fonts i like.

DeletedUser

What site do you guys use to get good fonts from

I have a few but cant really find any fonts i like.

Just google fonts, you should find some sites that have some good free ones. Just be careful how many you install at a time. I downloaded a 65,000 font package and my computer didn't like me to much when I tried to install just a 10th of that. Had to do a full system recovery.

DeletedUser13484

My first sig using gimp

gaffeysig.jpg

DeletedUser

You take the photo using a long exposure?! I don't know how you would edit it to make it look like that. It's always easier get the first photo right than editing it later.

Edit: Actually you could probably you the smudge tool, but it would take awhile for the amount of cars in the pic, and probably wouldn't look very good.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13484

That wasnt the photo i took i was just showing what i meant by the cars moving fast. How would i make a photo look like the cars was moving fast or is that the camera its self.

DeletedUser

multiple layers, smudge effect and/or motion blur filters on a few layers of the pic.

DeletedUser13484

multiple layers, smudge effect and/or motion blur filters on a few layers of the pic.

I have tried using the smudge effect no idea how it work but i will have another go tomorrow. Cant find the motion blur or im blind lol

DeletedUser13484

I have tried both of them but i didnt get the effect i was looking for

DeletedUser

takes practice. again, the trick is multiple layers, along with layer transparencies.