How is ''A streak of bad luck is upon you'' still a thing? Maybe dont cheap out on the server?

Swedankz

This has happend multiply times the last weeks, i try to collect the multiply stuff i have on market and after 10-15 clicks BOOM ''A streak of bad luck is upon you' ,the server could be crowded or something else happened. Please try again later'' And i get locked out from the game for 10 min, how is this still a thing? Is it due to their stupid DDOS protection or are INNO cheaping out the server they rent?

I know 0 other games that cheap out or use the same borderline crazy DDOS protection as this game, and genuine why would i waste money on this game when the servers can't even handle 15 clicks? Come on Inno this is ridiculous

criminus

The West Team
Wiki editor
Forum moderator
Event Manager
In-Game Supporter
Hi Swedankz!

The servers are quite good. That’s not a DDOS protection but a database flood protection. It’s not only the number of clicks but how small the delay is between them too.
If you are too quick the server will stop you not to flood the database with fast queries.
Bear in mind you are not the only person clicking and sending queries to the database. There could be hundreds of them per second. That’s why there is such protection.
You can avoid that if you wait 2-3 seconds between the clicks or you can do 5-6 clicks fast and then refresh the page but never exceed that number.

Regards,
Criminus

Swedankz

Hello, i play a lot of diffrent games ranging from MMO's to FPS's and being doing that for more than 20 years and NONE of the games i play or played during the years have had this kind of sensitive ''Flood protection'' , i shouldn't have to wait 2-3 seconds before i try to collect something it's genuine ridiculous. The flood protection need to reconfigured becuse right now it's way to sensitive.

darthmaul99174

If you open the market and go to the Purchased items there's a small box just under that window. Press it and you will get everything by 1 click , you don't need to click all items individually...
If you buy and sell alot of items that will crash you too, It's happened to me quite alot so that now I have to stagger my listings so I wont be locked out for 20 mins

Swedankz

If you open the market and go to the Purchased items there's a small box just under that window. Press it and you will get everything by 1 click , you don't need to click all items individually...

We should have to do it like that, we should be able to collect them 1 by 1. there is no reason for the ''flood protection blablabla'' to be this sensitive.

Ektoras BOTrini

If you buy and sell alot of items that will crash you too, It's happened to me quite alot so that now I have to stagger my listings so I wont be locked out for 20 mins
Hmm , I can't say for sure because it never happened to me. Btw you get locked out for only 5 minutes.
We should have to do it like that, we should be able to collect them 1 by 1. there is no reason for the ''flood protection blablabla'' to be this sensitive.
Sure I don't disagree but that button is there for a reason.

PrancingPurplePony

that little button to collect all the items on the market costs nuggets to use, so it could be the 'flood protection' is part of a 'must buy nuggets' scam.

Ektoras BOTrini

that little button to collect all the items on the market costs nuggets to use, so it could be the 'flood protection' is part of a 'must buy nuggets' scam.
No , if you are at the town that you bought the items from yes it will ask to use nuggets but you can just press no and it will take the ones that are in the town that you bought from , it will not collect other items that are bought from other towns if you press that you dont want to spend nuggets.

Ektoras BOTrini

No , if you are at the town that you bought the items from yes it will ask to use nuggets but you can just press no and it will take the ones that are in the town that you bought from , it will not collect other items that are bought from other towns if you choose not to spend nuggets

Swedankz

Same sh!t today trying to collect the stuff i have on market. we SHOUDLN'T have to limit ourself and click every 5 seconds we SHOULD be able to collect everything whenever.

There is no excuse for this! Fix this it's embarrassing that this problem still exist in 2023!

Bob Baumeister

That’s not a DDOS protection but a database flood protection. It’s not only the number of clicks but how small the delay is between them too.
If you are too quick the server will stop you not to flood the database with fast queries.
Which is what Denial of Service (DOS) is about :) A service gets overwhelmed by requests. Whether the "overwhelmingness" happens on the database level or elsewhere doesn't matter in that regard.

criminus

The West Team
Wiki editor
Forum moderator
Event Manager
In-Game Supporter
You are very wrong my friend. But yes, you are right (just so I won’t have to argue with you why different procedures have different names).

F.I.Y a website could still load in case of a database flood but not in case of a DDoS.

Ranger-Schwartz

Inno--you can fix this. I believe in you. There really must be a way to do it since other games can handle many clicks.

Players...if Inno cannot or will not fix it, just accept it and learn to adapt to their system.

Killer Bonnie

For some reason we cant send out group telegrams at the moment... we get "a streak of bad luck is upon you" Can you fix this please

iulianp

The West Team
In-Game Supporter
For some reason we cant send out group telegrams at the moment... we get "a streak of bad luck is upon you" Can you fix this please
If the problem persist please open an ticket. This kind of problems must be reported at the support not here.