How is ''A streak of bad luck is upon you'' still a thing? Maybe dont cheap out on the server?

foscock

If the database servers are so antiquated to still need this level of flood protection, then yeah, they are rubbish. 100's of clicks isn't a lot of clicks, unless you're running a 486 with 4mb ram.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
FWIW, in my experience managing currency sending before the send-to-all button came about, the bad luck streak can be avoided if you limit yourself to 30 interactions then wait a full 60s. Alternatively, if you wait 2 full seconds between clicks it will usually be avoided (but not always -- the delay between when you click and when it is processed can sometimes result in a few fast ones lining up with a few slow ones to trigger the protection mechanism so I usually count to 3 instead)

Swedankz

If the database servers are so antiquated to still need this level of flood protection, then yeah, they are rubbish. 100's of clicks isn't a lot of clicks, unless you're running a 486 with 4mb ram.

+1

FWIW, in my experience managing currency sending before the send-to-all button came about, the bad luck streak can be avoided if you limit yourself to 30 interactions then wait a full 60s. Alternatively, if you wait 2 full seconds between clicks it will usually be avoided (but not always -- the delay between when you click and when it is processed can sometimes result in a few fast ones lining up with a few slow ones to trigger the protection mechanism so I usually count to 3 instead)

Well the point of the post is that we shouldnt have to limit ourself to only collect xx amount within xx amount of time due to oversensitive ddos protection. there is no excuse for this and the ''protection'' need to be recalibrated becuse it's way to sensitive

Kidd Kalypso

+1

Well the point of the post is that we shouldnt have to limit ourself to only collect xx amount within xx amount of time due to oversensitive ddos protection. there is no excuse for this and the ''protection'' need to be recalibrated becuse it's way to sensitive
You are asking a lot from a staff that still releases bugged quests, etc. Even after being told about it in the so called beta world :)

NovaStar

So, all of a sudden...in trying to send a group tele outside my alliance, I am getting this "streak of bad luck" error message. Anyone else? (I did send a ticket, just fyi). Please, if anyone else has this issue, send a ticket also.

NovaStar

For some reason we cant send out group telegrams at the moment... we get "a streak of bad luck is upon you" Can you fix this please
Did you send a ticket? I just tried this today and it happened to me. I did send a ticket (posting here in the thread doesn't do a single thing without a ticket). So, if it still happens for you or anyone else, PLEASE, send a ticket.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Did you send a ticket? I just tried this today and it happened to me. I did send a ticket (posting here in the thread doesn't do a single thing without a ticket). So, if it still happens for you or anyone else, PLEASE, send a ticket.
I had a similar problem but it went away when I corrected a misspelled name. Presumably the name-check code got a bug.

NovaStar

I had a similar problem but it went away when I corrected a misspelled name. Presumably the name-check code got a bug.
I didn't have to click or spell names. I used the script that "auto" enters them (one I've used for quite some time with never an error before now)

asdf124

I didn't have to click or spell names. I used the script that "auto" enters them (one I've used for quite some time with never an error before now)
Maybe they have you on ignore, and the bug effects the "someone ignored you" message.

NovaStar

Maybe they have you on ignore, and the bug effects the "someone ignored you" message.
There are 1-2 that have me on ignore (and me them), but I get a different message at that time. If you have ever sent group messages and someone has you on ignore or blocked, you know that message...this is not the case. As you can see from above comments, Bonnie also had this problem, I am only posting here in case others have had the problem, encouraging them to send a ticket rather than just posting it here so 1) it can be looked into (maybe a "bug") AND, 2) so it is known that it isn't only 1-2 people it happens with. It is obviously a bug, as I have used this for quite some time and this is the first time its happened, as I also mentioned.

asdf124

There are 1-2 that have me on ignore (and me them), but I get a different message at that time. If you have ever sent group messages and someone has you on ignore or blocked, you know that message...this is not the case. As you can see from above comments, Bonnie also had this problem, I am only posting here in case others have had the problem, encouraging them to send a ticket rather than just posting it here so 1) it can be looked into (maybe a "bug") AND, 2) so it is known that it isn't only 1-2 people it happens with. It is obviously a bug, as I have used this for quite some time and this is the first time its happened, as I also mentioned.
Yes I know but the bug is for wrong names and if you are sending someone who has you ignored(in the same group) is what I think the reproducibility of such bug.

NovaStar

Yes I know but the bug is for wrong names and if you are sending someone who has you ignored(in the same group) is what I think the reproducibility of such bug.
"Streak of bad luck is ..." , I don't think has to do with the names, BUT...I did send a ticket and we'll see what happens (or not) from that...
To clarify, I am able to do a group tele within my own alliance, but ANY other alliance (and I tried more than 1 other), I am getting that message now, when I did not before after quite some time. I haven't sent one in nearly 10 days, but it is happening with all group tele's I am sending now (outside my alliance), not just 1.

Killer Bonnie

I cant misspell the names I use the auto name entry Alliance members Yes someone does have me on block and I get that message that AI removes that name and I send the message again I dont know who it is.. and the complete list of names isnt visible anyways and it is still not letting me send alliance telegram I send alliance telegrams daily and never had this issue until yesterday

NovaStar

I cant misspell the names I use the auto name entry Alliance members Yes someone does have me on block and I get that message that AI removes that name and I send the message again I dont know who it is.. and the complete list of names isnt visible anyways and it is still not letting me send alliance telegram I send alliance telegrams daily and never had this issue until yesterday
Hopefully you sent a ticket? I did, today.

I might mention this has happened in 2 different worlds, too...as mine was Idaho.

JWillow

My question would have to be, does inno care about bugs that involve script use?

Also maybe you might want to make a worksheet to copy and paste names, as maybe there is a script crack down going on?

NovaStar

I do, so wasn't sure if I do the group tele's via a script or not...good to know your situation, it let me know that mine was not involving a script.

asdf124

I do, so wasn't sure if I do the group tele's via a script or not...good to know your situation, it let me know that mine was not involving a script.
It happened to me too but I know a few that have me on ignore, and it didn't even let me know. It used to let me remove the player who has me on ignore but now it doesn't have such option. Instant bad streak.

NovaStar

It happened to me too but I know a few that have me on ignore, and it didn't even let me know. It used to let me remove the player who has me on ignore but now it doesn't have such option. Instant bad streak.
Exactly! So, hopefully everyone this is happening with are all sending tickets...