How is ''A streak of bad luck is upon you'' still a thing? Maybe dont cheap out on the server?

buchstabensuppe

The servers are quite good. That’s not a DDOS protection but a database flood protection. It’s not only the number of clicks but how small the delay is between them too.
If you are too quick the server will stop you not to flood the database with fast queries.
Bear in mind you are not the only person clicking and sending queries to the database. There could be hundreds of them per second. That’s why there is such protection.
You can avoid that if you wait 2-3 seconds between the clicks or you can do 5-6 clicks fast and then refresh the page but never exceed that number.

Regards,
Criminus
it's actually the not necessarily perfect implementation...
Each click to get an item from the market causes _two_ network and database requests: The first to get the item, the second to update the inventory.

If that second one would be delayed for a second (or even a half second), and be cancelled if another item get operation had been started in that time, the number of "streak of bad luck" events would be seriously reduced.

Swedankz

Here we go again, trying to collect my stuff from the market and BOOM getting locked out from the server for 5-10 min again due to this insaly sensitive flooding protection you use.

I have around 700-800 market listings to collect and i cant press collect all without getting this stupid error, am i really supposed to collect my sales 1 by 1?
This is ridiculous

iulianp

The West Team
In-Game Supporter
Here we go again, trying to collect my stuff from the market and BOOM getting locked out from the server for 5-10 min again due to this insaly sensitive flooding protection you use.

I have around 700-800 market listings to collect and i cant press collect all without getting this stupid error, am i really supposed to collect my sales 1 by 1?
This is ridiculous
Not 1 by 1 but you can collect them more often( not 800 at time).