I am being targeted

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I am being repeatedly dueled by the same player every 48 hours without fail. The player is a considerably higher dueling level than me which means I stand no chance to win the duel - this is now the 6th duel in a row by this player every 48 hours - since I joined the west I have only had one other duel so this is clearly ridiculous to have had so many in such a short space of time!

I am getting sick and tired of it as I am just trying to get on with playing the game - this player is clearly targeting me.

Who is the best person for me to contact about this? I can appreciate that dueling is part of the game but if it was me continually dueling the same player every 48 hours I'd understand them getting pretty miffed with it!

Anyone else having similar problems?

DeletedUser

A lot of people have this problem. There are two solutions:
  1. Leave your town. They can't duel you if you're not a member of one.
  2. Ask a higher level player in your town to take care of them, preferably a dueler or soldier. If your town doesn't have one, you might consider finding another town.

DeletedUser

Or, find a quest which requires you to duel an npc. Then, when you have very low energy, take off all our equipment and duel him. You'll get koed and have 48 hours of peace and quiet.

DeletedUser

Anyone fancy becoming our town champion in that case?

I'm not prepared to leave the town being its founder so am looking for a dueler or soldier prepared to be our defender in return for a place to stay.

All offers welcome as well as other advice on how to deal with this problem...

DeletedUser

Have you tried asking him to stop? Has he given a reason for dueling you so much?

DeletedUser

He has given no reason for dueling me so much - completely unprovoked...

His name is Boxinglemur from Goonwood - anyone else had problems with him?

DeletedUser

According to your town's profile page, Mavsat, you are at war with his town. Being at war with another town does rather put a large red target on your character. Add to that your rather wimpy alliance members and your best bet would probably be to negotiate a cease fire.
Are you being KO'd every time he visits? Because if not, then you're getting off rather lucky only being attacked once every 2 days during a war.

DeletedUser

From what I saw of the profile page, it just says they are at war with the one individual. How can you be at war with one person?

If boxinglemur is targeting you so much, you should seek help from another dueler/soldier close to his level. Writing on your town profile that you are at war with him is not going to stop his attacks, especially if you have no fighters in your town to wage a war with.
Declaring war, or whining to a dueler (or on the forums about them) will usually only make them want to attack you more. There is no reason for him to attack you repeatedly unless you have upset him somehow, he certainly wouldn't be getting a whole lot of experience from it.

DeletedUser

Selfdefence
Build up tactic, reflex and dodging if you don`t want to get KO`d by him.
Put skill points in vigor, aim and (appearence, if you like to attack), buy a nice sharp machete and hunt that lemur! :) (Heard they taste fine altough the skinning is arduous!)

Allies
Get yourself some decent allies (guess not all like Goonwood (never heard of that town though...)).

DeletedUser

Sounds like a camper attacking a low level worker problem...If only there were some way to stop this. :unsure:

DeletedUser

^^ Ignore the sarcastic clown (or check out the Ideas and Development sections to see what he is talking about).

DeletedUser

The only reason I've declared war against Boxinglemur is because of his repeated unprovoked duels on me.

I'm going to get my own back however long it takes me and I will attack him as many times as he has attacked me once I'm at a higher level!

DeletedUser

I'm going to get my own back however long it takes me and I will attack him as many times as he has attacked me once I'm at a higher level!

Now that's the spirit man! (or woman) Why didn't you just say that to start with instead of coming on here like a whiney noob? :blink:

The only way to beat a bully is get stronger. Then of course you become a bully and make game life a total misery for him. :D

More good sound advice from the house of Dazzy. :bandit:

DeletedUser

After every job, deposit your money into the bank. If you don't have enough room in your bank account, be sure to put it into your town. If he isn't getting money from you, the attacks should slow down.

DeletedUser

And as Dazzy is so helpful although living nearby... if you get KO`d 3 more times, drop me a line, I`m always open for different food! :laugh:

DeletedUser

Well, I'm playing a worker in another world so I can understand your annoyance... Did you ask him why he does it anyway?
His town is about 3 hours walk from me now... but if I have spare time, I'll go get him, just for a change.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the offers guys - I'll contact you in game - he has now dueled me about 7 or 8 times in a row and to be honest it's getting pretty boring now and seriously stopping me from being able to get on with the game!

If anyone else is in the mood for bullying another bully in game please feel free to duel Boxinglemur on my behalf- once I get to a higher level he is first on my hitlist but until then any other offers to take him out are welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

lol mavsat I dont think you'll need anymore help if venus and zaphod have voulnteerd themselves :D. I'm sure they can more than handle him ;)

DeletedUser

The only reason I've declared war against Boxinglemur is because of his repeated unprovoked duels on me.

Unprovoked you say? My friend, lets have a talk..

Money is a very valuable thing to me, it's the main reason why I duel most players. When I chose duel you, it ended up well for me, I got off with well over $500 and continued on my merry way to rake up the cash to feed my starving goon family.

Now, in most cases the story would end here with me heading to another town, or perhaps a lovely picnic with delicious American potato salad bought by your hard earned cash. However, about a few minutes later I received not one, not two, but three insulting telegrams from you that were worthy of a mouth rinsing of dial soap. So, for this reason I continued my attacks, and the rage telegrams kept coming.

What makes you think that telling someone to piss off and to go screw themselves was a good idea to keep me from attacking? When you are pulled over by an officer, and he writes you a ticket, do you think throwing a tantrum and cursing in his face is a good way to get an easier fine? All and all, its still a game and you really shouldn't be this strung over about it. Maybe you can train up your dueling skills, or perhaps apologize for your verbal assault that only made things worse?

Attachments

• 1234567.JPG
    1234567.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 61
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.