I am being targeted

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Just a reminder, offensive language is not allowed on the forums even if it is to prove a point or to show that someone else swore at you in game. I have removed 2 pictures of messages Boxinglemur provided as proof of his claims because they were unfit for the board. I suggest if anyone wants to see proof of his claims they pm Boxinglemur either in game or on the forum so he can provide you with a link to them.

Offensive language is not allowed in game. If anyone is swearing at you through pm's in the game you should report them and can do so directly from the message. The same goes for offensive player profiles. You may report offensive player profiles directly from their profile.

Edited: forgot you can report messages directly from the message screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It all makes perfect sense now. Interesting that the OP "forgot" to mention the insulting telegrams(not a smart thing to do).

DeletedUser

Declaring war, or whining to a dueler (or on the forums about them) will usually only make them want to attack you more. There is no reason for him to attack you repeatedly unless you have upset him somehow, he certainly wouldn't be getting a whole lot of experience from it.
:laugh:As I was saying, perhaps some self restraint or diplomacy would serve you better.

If you want to roleplay an overly aggressive or belligerent character, try a fighting class instead, and remember that swearing and RL insults will get you banned....:p

DeletedUser

Selfdefence
Build up tactic, reflex and dodging if you don`t want to get KO`d by him.
Put skill points in vigor, aim and (appearence, if you like to attack), buy a nice sharp machete and hunt that lemur! :) (Heard they taste fine altough the skinning is arduous!)

Allies
Get yourself some decent allies (guess not all like Goonwood (never heard of that town though...)).
forget the machete, get a Blunderbuss and blow his sorry butt back to lvl 1!

DeletedUser

Boxinglemur I am not going to apologise to you.

I promise you once I've got my dueling to a high enough level I will come after you and repeatedly duel you as many times as you have dueled me...

So enjoy it while you can - and just for your information it is quite different when you are pulled over by a police officer - that happens for a reason, you dueling me until I was knocked out was unprovoked - the 2 are quite different!

DeletedUser

Unprovoked you say? My friend, lets have a talk..

Money is a very valuable thing to me, it's the main reason why I duel most players. When I chose duel you, it ended up well for me, I got off with well over $500 and continued on my merry way to rake up the cash to feed my starving goon family.

Now, in most cases the story would end here with me heading to another town, or perhaps a lovely picnic with delicious American potato salad bought by your hard earned cash. However, about a few minutes later I received not one, not two, but three insulting telegrams from you that were worthy of a mouth rinsing of dial soap. So, for this reason I continued my attacks, and the rage telegrams kept coming.

What makes you think that telling someone to piss off and to go screw themselves was a good idea to keep me from attacking? When you are pulled over by an officer, and he writes you a ticket, do you think throwing a tantrum and cursing in his face is a good way to get an easier fine? All and all, its still a game and you really shouldn't be this strung over about it. Maybe you can train up your dueling skills, or perhaps apologize for your verbal assault that only made things worse?

You also need to remember that not all folks that play this game are of the same age and or social standing.

The younger players do seem to take things a bit to serious at times and instead of adding fuel to the fire you could have maybe addressed the situation and given advice on game play and interaction.

Also, there is a town close to you called Anti-Goon League so you must have upset more than just this player.

My advice, leave the guy alone and move on.

DeletedUser

You also need to remember that not all folks that play this game are of the same age and or social standing.

The younger players do seem to take things a bit to serious at times and instead of adding fuel to the fire you could have maybe addressed the situation and given advice on game play and interaction.

Also, there is a town close to you called Anti-Goon League so you must have upset more than just this player.

My advice, leave the guy alone and move on.

Hi Dazzy

Was this advice for me or for Boxinglemur? Just asking...

DeletedUser

I completely accept that the telegram insults were probably not the best thing to do but I was getting fed up with people of a much higher dueling level knocking me out!

When I duel someone (which is rare) I make a point of choosing someone who's at least of a similar level to be fair.

However Boxinglemur did duel me 2 times in a row initially resulting in a KO both times with no reason why which is why he is going to be on my hitlist until I get the chance to deal with him myself!

DeletedUser

@mavsat: Being dueled twice is not something extraordinary, specially when he got a lot of money from you in the first duel. Being knocked out is not a calamity, in fact it's a blessing, it gives you 48 hours of peace to go out and earn money to cover your losses. If he comes back and duel you again after the 48 hours have passed, just let yourself be knocked out again, that gives you another 48 hours in peace. Carrying a lot of money makes you a target to all who play the fighting characters, and if you don't have any fighters in your town to defend you, you will be dueled a lot if you don't go and bank your money more often.

Sending abusive messages to a player who's just playing the game as it's intended to be played is very unwise, it will make the situation worse for yourself in regards of him reacting as he also did, to come back and duel you some more, and it can get you banned from the game if he reports you to the admins. Which is his right to do if your insults to him are really bad. Coming to the forum to complain is just making you look whining.

@Boxinglemur: Leave him alone, dueling him just for the hell of it just put you on his level. I'm sure he could have reasoned with you, you seem like a person with a good sense of humor, it's human to be angry over abusive telegrams, but you do have the opportunity to report him to the admins if they are that bad. I can't say as I didn't see the examples before they were deleted by Denisero.

@All: Dueling is a part of this game, accept it or leave the game. It's only game money that is being lost in a duel, losing some game money doesn't influence your real life in any ways. Carrying a lot of money calls for attacks, if you are under siege either by one dueler or in a war then go and bank often or don't cry about your losses. There are so many defense strategies against being targeted by fighters, I won't even start to mention them all here. Contacting the attacker in a proper language is a possibility, often the attacks can be stopped that way. I have contacted some who dueled me, and I have even got friends in the game that way. We are all people behind the characters, and it is just a game after all, which we all play by the nature that we have chosen our characters to be.

DeletedUser

So enjoy it while you can - and just for your information it is quite different when you are pulled over by a police officer - that happens for a reason, you dueling me until I was knocked out was unprovoked - the 2 are quite different!

Well, I already explained my reason for dueling you then KO'ing the first time, maybe you can reread my post again and try to figure it out? Again, if you don't want to be dueled, don't be a target. You're a higher level adventurer, that's part of a town with a low level bank, that's a pretty big bulls eye for anyone. It's perfectly allowed within the game mechanics for me to duel you, there is no rule whatsoever that that somehow puts me in trouble for dueling someone within my experience range. If you want it to stop end the insults, deposit your cash, and stop complaining to everyone about how getting KO'ed by someone you repeatedly threatened, harassed and whined at is the biggest catastrophe of the century.

But hey, maybe I should leave him alone and try a more diplomatic route after all, he seems perfectly reaso-
349c65l.jpg

Keep in mind this is after the first time I dueled him. Those sounded like some fightin' words! Looks like all that's left is the ironfist of goon justice, iron fists and potato salad. I wish you luck dear mavsat on your adventure to base your game experience solely around getting high enough level to KO me, I'm sure it will be most fulfilling. God speed good sir, godspeed.

DeletedUser

hmmm after seeing that img even I;d of gone to kick his bum:) if he threatens to potentially respec and turn himself into a very formidable force then its in everyones best interest to constantly KO him so that he doesnt.... just my 2 cents :p

DeletedUser

Yeah, those telegrams look quite screechy and shrilling. :eek:hmy::rolleyes:

Nah, I don't think you'll get anywhere with diplomacy, I think your revenger is on a quest now... :banditg:

Besides I think he'll soon find out the consequences of taking his complaints to the public forum with such a high pitched voice, he might soon see himself getting a lot of unwanted attention in the game.

DeletedUser

Yup. Alot of duelers are gonna put his name on their lists. Im a builder, ive been dueled over 100 times and was almost last in dueling. Do i really care? Not really, its annoying but just move on. Be the best you can be in your spec.

DeletedUser

Do you know what I can't be bothered with any of you so you can all get lost!

I'm out of here!

Leona long legs that means you too saddo!

Boxinglemur shove it!

DeletedUser

Whoa!?! Does this mean that I have been added to his personal war list too?

:huh: -> :blink: -> :eek:hmy: -> :) -> :D -> :laugh:

I think we just have seen the true nature of this player, the whining one!

DeletedUser

Ripp3r - go and die somewhere!

Leona long legs it means what it says!

Status
Not open for further replies.