Member Construction Logs

DeletedUser

When a member builds in-town, this information should be logged and accessible to other town members.

Currently, our town has a rogue-builder, stealing funds from the treasury and using them to build whatever he wants to (despite the rest of the town members working hard on a particular building).

Checking the bank ledger is not a reliable means of verifying who is doing this. Nobody will confess to the act, and despite knowing that everyone is pissed at him, he continues to do whatever he wants. Obviously, my obligation to the other members is to kick the offender out -- but I don't have a way to know (without a doubt) who is doing it!!

It seems extremely silly that nobody can figure out who is stealing money and time from our town, when the system no-doubt tracks this kind of information, anyhow. Just display it somewhere, please!! :dry:

DeletedUser

Lol why not just note the building time in hours of the people, then when that rogue builds then you will at least be able to narrow the suspects down a lot.

DeletedUser

Nah...

I'm not looking to narrow down suspects. I'm looking for hard proof (NOW) -- no room for questions -- that kind of thing. The fact is, somewhere in the West database, in some random table, this kind of information is stored anyhow (I have to assume). If it's not, it wouldn't be difficult to store the information and display it. We're talking VERY BASIC code, from a techie's pov.

The point is, I don't want to have to come up with some make-shift, sort-of-accurate way to route out these kinds of offenders. I want a quick, easy, reliable way.

This seems like a fundamental, no-brainer town-management-tool, in my opinion. :dry:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I understand where you're coming from as i too am sure that this information is stored. However i was just suggesting that method because by the time that the mods read the this topic pass it onto the developers who decide whether or not to implement it or not and then set to implementing it into the game it could be quite a while. So the suggestion was for you to use because as far as i can tell you need to resolve this situation pretty quickly if your money is being wasted.

DeletedUser

Agreed... this isn't going to be a feature, say, tomorrow; but I do want to get it into the game so that future instances of such an issue don't occur.

DeletedUser1105

As suggested above, every day copy and paste the log of contributions and compare it to the changes in the buildings. Very soon you'll find the real suspect.

But yes, you should see EVERY bit of work done on the town in a log.

DeletedUser

also what they were building cause if you got 5 builders... who did it???

DeletedUser

Bump!

I'm bumping this so that it (hopefully) gets more attention. I feel it would be rather simple (compared to other features) for this to be implemented, and as I stated earlier, I consider this a fundamentally crucial feature in a game centered (to a large degree) around building towns.

DeletedUser

Or possibly to activate a residents ability to build and that way not everyone would be neccessarily capable of building from treasury funds, if not authorized. You would still be able to build from your private funds.

DeletedUser

Sorry to the fly in the ointment but i rather like the idea that people can wittingly or unwittingly sabotage a town's efforts. It is something of a check on point-strumpeting. You have to build a reliable and trustworthy group of players, not just a collection of people with high points. It's a bit like 'spies'.

DeletedUser

Sorry to the fly in the ointment but i rather like the idea that people can wittingly or unwittingly sabotage a town's efforts. It is something of a check on point-strumpeting. You have to build a reliable and trustworthy group of players, not just a collection of people with high points. It's a bit like 'spies'.

I couldn't disagree more. This isn't 'spies,' and it isn't a game of subterfuge and intrigue. It's a game about bringing active, intelligent people into a community with the hope of bettering it piece by piece. Petty, whimsical sabotage is not only unnecessary, but it's unfair to those who are trying hard to keep up with other towns in the area.

If you think for a moment that it's realistic that a member should be able to do whatever they want without anyone knowing about it, then the entire "town" concept is moot. You know... most towns aren't like POG. It's hard to find reliable workers, and to know that one of them is countering everyone else's efforts is maddening.

Pretend you're really in a town from 1840. Wouldn't you notice that someone is spending two hours hammering away at the wrong building? In keeping with the theme that art imitates life (games being a form of art, in my opinion), then it stands to reason that town officials should be able to monitor the in-town activities of its residents.

If this game does turn into some silly espionage/sabotage arena, I for one will stop playing immediately. At least in TW you can see who's attacking you, who's being a menace, etc. -- and you can react swiftly and accordingly.

Ulthor, if you're really into taking haphazard towns down a peg, wait for Shootouts to go live on production. Until then, let the honest players build!!

DeletedUser

This is something similar to a thread I created. I wish they would allow the Town Founders or Council the ability to grant access to certain members to build. I would think this would be an easy fix.

DeletedUser

I can see the usefulness of a record of progress , for governing bodies .
I really dislike the thought of being restricted from building .

DeletedUser

There should be even a ranking for builders according to points built... Duelers have their ranking, expers do too... why not builders? :)

DeletedUser1105

That is a fair point Estoy.

I also agree with you on this one yellow dart.

DeletedUser

I couldn't disagree more. This isn't 'spies,' and it isn't a game of subterfuge and intrigue. It's a game about bringing active, intelligent people into a community with the hope of bettering it piece by piece. Petty, whimsical sabotage is not only unnecessary, but it's unfair to those who are trying hard to keep up with other towns in the area.

If you think for a moment that it's realistic that a member should be able to do whatever they want without anyone knowing about it, then the entire "town" concept is moot. You know... most towns aren't like POG. It's hard to find reliable workers, and to know that one of them is countering everyone else's efforts is maddening.

Pretend you're really in a town from 1840. Wouldn't you notice that someone is spending two hours hammering away at the wrong building? In keeping with the theme that art imitates life (games being a form of art, in my opinion), then it stands to reason that town officials should be able to monitor the in-town activities of its residents.

If this game does turn into some silly espionage/sabotage arena, I for one will stop playing immediately. At least in TW you can see who's attacking you, who's being a menace, etc. -- and you can react swiftly and accordingly.

Ulthor, if you're really into taking haphazard towns down a peg, wait for Shootouts to go live on production. Until then,

Are you saluting the flag with a tear in your eye?
Ok, I'll tell you what, if it means that much to you then you got my vote buddy. Seriously though amongst all the shmaltz you make reasonable point.

DeletedUser

My town is going well and I trust my folks, but I had just assumed this info would be available- as a mayor, I want to see this. It should happen, now would be good. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

all of these are great ideas to make happen. builder ranks, build time logs, and treasury restriction.

i mean the sherriff doesnt let the town drunk stumble into the bank and take money from the tax collections, does he? especially not to improve the salty divehole saloon when the town really needs a mortician. someone needs to fire that sherriff.