proposal

DeletedUser30834

I guess I need to translate this so those of us who do not speak weasle speak can understand.
You seem quite content to be in the dominant position, so I don't blame your for throwing out such wild accusations.
What he is actually saying here is, "you're right, you caught me trying to take an opposite stance once it was obvious that my original stance wasn't popular".

The proliferation of tanks is a vicious cycle, just an arms race to one-up each other. Look at the Cold War and how it resolved.
This is hardly close to a comparison. You are suffering from a garbage in garbage out problem in your attempt at directly comparing the two. In fact, I have noticed that a lot of what you say is suffering from this problem. The cold war was not a bad thing, and it doesn't directly compare to this at all. There already exists a mechanism to combat the tanks which is dueler class fort fighters, Hp tanks in their own right, and very powerful guns combined with buffs. Your lack of ability to employ these strategies or befriend others to help with them is not cause for the game to be reworked to force players to play like you want them to.

Making other fort battle skills more important would balance out hp. What I'm saying is not new.
There is no imbalance with HP in forts in the first place. All there is with it, is the inability for some players to competently adapt and play the game around it. You appear to be one of the players with this fault. It's almost as if you are crying that there is not easy setting so you can do better at the game.

What I'm saying is not new. It has been discussed on and off for months. You hadn't jumped in then, so I don't see why you should now. Goodbye.
lol.. Please, by all mean, show me where the rule is that says "because you did not object to lunacy before, you forfeit the right to object to it forever" exists outside of your head.

But you are right, it has been discussed before. I have chimed in on a few of those discussions, perhaps not yours but I have not been silent. I pointed out in those situations that they were crying because of their own inability to play the game and not because of any weakness in the game. So please forgive me is I sound harsh, it's nothing personal, it's just that I'm sick of people crying and whining that the game needs to be changed because players are playing it differently then they want them to play. I find it extremely selfish to insist that players be forced to play the way that makes you happy instead of the way they want to play. Except in your case, I find it 20 times as annoying as those players who act like you shot the pope when you duel a worker carrying a weapon.

DeletedUser

By dominant position, I meant how you were bulking up on hp and how that works out for you and that if forts were balanced out, that'd be bad news for you. Saying the Cold War wasn't a bad thing just completely undermines anything you say lol. Indeed, duelers can crit, but not everyone is going to be a dueler just to combat tanks. There are other aspects of the game, too. If you noticed, I am a fort fighter of the dueling class, with a good chunk of hp. By saying there is no imbalance with hp in forts, you show how coddled you are. It didn't take long for people to figure out hp ruled battles, so the optimal path was already provided for you. It's like buying a console game and the strategy guide to go with it, takes no work at all and shows your lack of skill. Granted, the devs haven't done anything to fix fort battles yet, so you just keep on following the cookie cutter path set out for you.

DeletedUser30834

By dominant position, I meant how you were bulking up on hp and how that works out for you and that if forts were balanced out, that'd be bad news for you.
Wow.. Well, please excuse me for getting the translation wrong. I guess it would be because you are completely wrong in your assessment of me. Perhaps this is because you have failed to check on your own and relied on someone else' for your information or it's because as I suspected with your push change the game and force all other players to play your way is based on your own fallacies derived from your inability to perform at average competence in the game.

I am not a HP tank in any worlds I play in. At best with premium soldier bonus, I join battle in one world with about 5k hp but that's a result of being close to level 100, not stacking points in health. In any event, it puts me at about half the HP of the tanks on our side and other sides in that world. I would also say that my build in that world lasts as long as the tanks if not longer. I generally dodge 2 times the amount of hits I receive which makes up for the lack of health by far as well as buying time for other members in battle to position themselves to effect strategies that win the battle. Outside of an unfilled battle, I do not think I can remember the last time I was in a battle in that world in which I was on the losing side. And yes, that is going up against a slew of HP tanks.

Saying the Cold War wasn't a bad thing just completely undermines anything you say lol.
Why would you even begin to say that. Many great things that benefit society came from the cold war. Some of these things will continue to benefit society for decades after too. I guess you are once again blinded by your single opinion and somehow think everyone should behave as you do in order to make yourself feel all the more special.

Indeed, duelers can crit, but not everyone is going to be a dueler just to combat tanks. There are other aspects of the game, too. If you noticed, I am a fort fighter of the dueling class, with a good chunk of hp.
I personally do not care how you chose to play the game then came here crying that it isn't working well enough for you so for some reason everyone else should change how they play the game. In Colorado, I do happen to know quite a few people who have decided to be dueler class fort fighters specifically to deal with the HP tanks. Perhaps you will be able to notice them, they will generally be on the winning side of battle.

In fact, I know of several duelers who at level 25, could join battle in Arizona and do 3500+ in damage with less then 1500 health. These dueler class people dominate in battle and are constantly among the highest damage players in almost every battle if the strategy is correct and implemented right. And right there is where I know your game play is mediocre. You made a comment earlier in this thread that strategy is 10% and following orders is 90% of the battle. It tells me that you have no idea of what strategy is or how he different classed of players compliment each other.
Strategy is 10% of the battle, 90% of the battle relies on people following orders.

By saying there is no imbalance with hp in forts, you show how coddled you are.
yes, I'm coddled because I'm not here crying about how other people playing the game is ruining your game.

It didn't take long for people to figure out hp ruled battles, so the optimal path was already provided for you. It's like buying a console game and the strategy guide to go with it, takes no work at all and shows your lack of skill. Granted, the devs haven't done anything to fix fort battles yet, so you just keep on following the cookie cutter path set out for you.
For every build, there is a counter build. For every plan of attack, there is a counter plan for defense. For every defense, there is a counter on attack that can break it. This is true in forts, dueling, and almost every aspect of player verses player competition in the game. Just because you lack the creativity to discover and employ these paths does not mean they do not exist. In group activities like fort battles, it's even more important to combine strengths to overcome individual weaknesses. In short, there is nothing wrong with the game or how other players are playing it, what is wrong is you and your abilities.

DeletedUser

I was just going off of your posts, I don't have the time to stalk you lol. and there was nothing positive from the cold war, just nuclear proliferation and the like. If you haven't noticed, we're trying to move in the opposite direction. Strategies can be executed many times after they're first made, but different people show up for every battle, aside from the regulars. I enjoy playing this game, it's not ruined by others' gameplay. I even have quite a few strategies on westforts, links on my alliance's forum. It cracks me up how you seem to think that I'm some noob, I've been playing longer than you (not that it matters) lol. as much as you try to paint this as just some whine post, I can assure you, it most definitely is not! I mean, if I'm not whining, just what am I doing then? :whistle:

DeletedUser30834

I was just going off of your posts, I don't have the time to stalk you lol. and there was nothing positive from the cold war, just nuclear proliferation and the like. If you haven't noticed, we're trying to move in the opposite direction.
Well then, you should have paid specific attention to my first post where I said I don't even fort fight in this world but would start just to thwart your attempts and excluding other players.

But you are naively silly if you think nothing good came from the cold war. The very internet that we are communicating on is one thing that came from the cold war. GPS communication for one, many advances in engineering that is folded into the safety of cars and aircraft as well as other products we use every day, and raw scientific research that has lead to cures for diseases, made electronic circuits possible by driving the need for them, has lead to scientific research concerning physics (the space program was originally a military application made public) and telecommunications that enable communications to areas without a vested infrastructure. In the year 2011, we owe a lot to the cold war to making our way of life as comfortable and convenient as we are accustomed to now. Even with nuclear weapons, we have the nuclear science research poliferated by the US navy and NATO allies in which have lead to many life saving medical procedures and tools used in medicine making some once fatal diseases, momentary setbacks of a normal life.

Strategies can be executed many times after they're first made, but different people show up for every battle, aside from the regulars.
While not perfect, a competent general can implement a strategy with any group of fighters who can work together. But more importantly, this is all the more reason to build relationships with people and form alliances and to work with others instead of putting the minimum effort possible into the game and expecting some extraordinary outcome.

I enjoy playing this game, it's not ruined by others' gameplay.
I'm not sure I follow you here. Weren't you whining that others aren't playing the game the way you want them too and suggested that they change that? Didn't you reference a bunch of other posts about complaints that HP tanks and players becoming HP tanks are somehow ruining your fun? Are you changing that position now, or if there some cryptic message in the posts that makes the obvious mean something unobvious?

I even have quite a few strategies on westforts, links on my alliance's forum. It cracks me up how you seem to think that I'm some noob, I've been playing longer than you (not that it matters)
I never painted you as a noob. I painted you as an unintelligent whiner who wants to restrict the game play of others in order to make up for your own inabilities. You could have been playing since the game started, but it doesn't mean that you recognize when someone turns the light off or on in a room. As for your strategies, just calling something a strategy doesn't make it a good strategy or even a winning strategy. But there is no cause because your strategies fail or you end up doing poorly, to make other players play differently by purposing to exclude them from battle or attempting to get the game devs to change the rules midstream. Perhaps if people would embrace the new challenges presented by players playing differently, you wouldn't feel so badly about HP tanks.

Ias much as you try to paint this as just some whine post, I can assure you, it most definitely is not! I mean, if I'm not whining, just what am I doing then? :whistle:
If you are not whining, then I do not know what you are doing. I can only go off your statements which have been "cry, those people have lots of health" to "I wasn't crying but they need to limit the HP of other players and lets exclude them from battle" to "Nothing I said means what it appears to mean" to now, "I'm not whining so what am i doing".

So lets play another game. How about you spell out what you mean to say, but take it slowly so the literate among us can follow and understand you.

DeletedUser

The Cold War merely accelerated technological breakthroughs that would've occurred anyways. I didn't come up with this proposal because of some deficiency on my part, but as a voluntary act similar to the kyoto protocol. You say you were reading through prior discussions of the last few months, but I guess you didn't notice me hinting at this, oh well....

DeletedUser30834

The Cold War merely accelerated technological breakthroughs that would've occurred anyways..
No, the cold war drove technology that wouldn't have been thought of or implemented otherwise in our life time. If there was no cold war, there would have been no need for the technology hence no seedings into other areas until the initial need would have been present.

I didn't come up with this proposal because of some deficiency on my part, but as a voluntary act similar to the kyoto protocol.
Oh, so you were doing it in order to destroy the independent innovations of players and limit the games actions to what you have arbitrarily decided to be prudent based on your political ambitions and a desire for control hoping it would gain traction from other idiots with something to gain. I'm glad you finally admitted it. Now can we drop it altogether? BTW, I chose to describe that in that way because the kyoto accords are a joke and has done little but distribute economic wealth. Look at the economic crisis right now, only the countries who have been limited by kyoto has had the problems and in the US where states attempted to implement kyoto style limits on their own, seem to be driving the unemployment numbers contributing more then their share to the depression that we cannot seem to shake despite the glorious leaders attempts to punish the rich and reward the poor.

You say you were reading through prior discussions of the last few months, but I guess you didn't notice me hinting at this, oh well....
If we were in other threads, i could understand you pulling up the content of those threads. But we are not and the only thing that matters here is the content of this thread. As I said before, we shouldn't need to page through volumes of forum posts to find glorious alternative meanings to posts made in a certain thread that make them appear to be other then what is obvious. What that means is you failed to communicate properly. In this thread, you specifically attempted to exclude players from part of the game only because they chose to exercise their freedom to play the game differently then you wanted them to.

So I suggest you go buy some cheese for that whine and you would probably be better off watching some chick flick on the tele to explain the tear of your crying.

DeletedUser

What I said still stands, the technology would've eventually been thought of in later times if not in our lifetime. Was there some need for man to fly during the Renaissance? No, yet da Vinci still thought up of a mechanism to accomplish that.

Nice of you to falsely credit me with trying to destroy gameplay and having political ambitions...lol.....that's the most preposterous thing I've heard thus far......makes it seem like you somehow feel threatened by my little proposal.....here, have a tissue :)

DeletedUser30834

What I said still stands, the technology would've eventually been thought of in later times if not in our lifetime. Was there some need for man to fly during the Renaissance? No, yet da Vinci still thought up of a mechanism to accomplish that.
So technology that we benefit from today that would have eventually been invented or created sometime in the distant future is not a benefit that came from the cold war? You are simply amazing. It's almost as if once you form something in the mind, you close your eyes to anything that does not agree with your twisted mechanisms for dealing with what makes you uncomfortable. You are more closed minded then the "marriage is between a man and a woman" and "we have to cut taxes" neocon republicans.

Here is a hint. Even if they would eventually have been invented (which there is no evidence that they would be), they were brought to us sooner rather then later because of the cold war and we benefit from that today.

As for Da Vinci, he did not create anything that works in regard to flying outside of fables. I'm not even sure how you can bring that up outside of a grasp for relevancy in order to maintain a delusional concept that is failing under scrutiny.

Nice of you to falsely credit me with trying to destroy gameplay and having political ambitions...lol.....that's the most preposterous thing I've heard thus far......makes it seem like you somehow feel threatened by my little proposal.....here, have a tis:)sue
You are the one who compared your actions to that of creating the kyoto protocol, not me. I was just as happy telling you to quit whining and crying because you can't play the game proficiently when other players are allowed the freedom to play how they want to instead of how you want them to.

I mean I did ask you to be specific about what you were trying to do here because you all the sudden claimed you weren't doing what was obvious from your posts and you returned with a claim of political manipulation hidden behind an ideological goal in comparing your actions to that which caused the kyoto protocols to be created. And lets be honest here, no one who isn't brainwashed into the cult of global warming who looks at the kyoto implementation claims it is effective at anything other then redistribution of wealth and power grabs based on deteriorating economies. In fact, even some of the most popular preachers in the cult of global warming outright dispel the Kyoto protocols savior myth as being extremely ineffective in reducing any meaningful amount of carbon pollution which reinforces the assertion or ulterior motivations.

But even if this is a misunderstanding, it's all on you. You are the one who made a post crying about HP monster tanks, you are the one who suggested excluding those tanks from parts of the game, you are the one who said, that doesn't mean what it sounds like it means, and when pressured, you are the one reaching outside the thread to indicate some meaning other then the obvious. Perhaps you should give up playing the game and go back to playing tiddly winks with your parents or something. Crying that other players are besting you and it's not fun to play your way when they are allowed to play their way which happens to be within the rules of the game, and then somehow comparing this crying about your perceived injustices in the game to "global warming" which is something real that could threaten the lives and livelihood of real people on a global scale just shows a mental lapse in reasoning.

I guess we should end this discussion as it has stopped being about the game and appears to now be the mental health of players within the game. And yes, in case that isn't obvious enough, I'm saying someone is crazy here and it isn't me.

DeletedUser

I'm saying that the Cold War was not an absolute condition for the creation of the inventions which benefit us today. It is a failing on your part to read too much in between the lines and make wild extrapolations. the kyoto protocol was meant to be a world-wide agreement, the fact that it has failed is irrelevant to the issue at hand.

DeletedUser30834

I'm saying that the Cold War was not an absolute condition for the creation of the inventions which benefit us today. It is a failing on your part to read too much in between the lines and make wild extrapolations. the kyoto protocol was meant to be a world-wide agreement, the fact that it has failed is irrelevant to the issue at hand.
And I'm saying that even if the cold war was not an absolute condition, it was the condition that brought it about to benefit us right now. It is a failing on your part to not recognize this culminations of events that we_benefit_from_today.

The Kyoto protocol was designed to fail in the areas of global warming from the start. It was not a failure in it's political objectives which had very little to do with carbon emissions reductions outside of being a ploy to get it welcomed into countries. The amount of reductions set in the Kyoto protocol were easily overshadowed by the increased populations and the economic redirection to under/undeveloped countries in which the standard of living increased.

DeletedUser

I wasn't disputing that the cold war wasn't a factor in bringing about today's technology. back on topic with regards to the proposal, as I've said before, it is a failing on your part to read too much in between the lines and make wild extrapolations.

DeletedUser30834

I wasn't disputing that the cold war wasn't a factor in bringing about today's technology. back on topic with regards to the proposal, as I've said before, it is a failing on your part to read too much in between the lines and make wild extrapolations.
Nothing was read in between the lines on that. You were crying because you couldn't play the game in what you consider "fun" and even went as far as suggesting ways to exclude those mean people from participating in the game. I told you it was your inability, not a fault with them and that i would actively work to stop your efforts at excluding players.

DeletedUser31859

LOL! NEVER! This will spoil the use of tanks and dangerous players.....

DeletedUser31859

Tanks are.........Why are tanks made? Because they can help their side. You cannot stop them. It is completely their wish. Tanks are good in fort battles but they are good for nothing else. So they arent getting any advantage here. All have disadvantages and they have too.....

Tanks are tough for us in battles, but we can crush them in duels.......or we can level up faster than them. Think....

DeletedUser

true, but there's something called the barracks which makes fort fighting lucrative.

canufeelit

sry to chime in on this debate late but i don't get on here much anymore...

i believe that tanks are in fact an invaluable part of fort fighting. in defense they are great to blunt an enemy attack and get the gun vs gun ratio down. in attack they are great to hold in reserve for a tower mount or flag rush. this is simply strategy.

there is no point complaining if one side has more than the other, that just means that the former has less forters dedicated to the cause, although i will admit the point of making it harder for smaller alliances. not they have really stood a chance for over a year in most worlds.

and yes, they are absolutely useless at anything else, hence the balance, and yes they can be quite lucrative but i have seen less than a handful make it so.

so leave the poor tank alone - pick on my pet hate, the lvl20 resist 0 moter (lookin at u gaga)

DeletedUser

I didn't know this was a debate lol. Do you listen to the guy talking about world peace in real life, too? jk ;)
anyways, tanks can do other things, for example, I am about to hit the hp leaderboard but I can still do xp jobs.