RIP: World 8

DeletedUser

Started in world 8 as well and will stay in it as long as possible!

DeletedUser

thats what i said to world ten and im still in there but sometimes u got to do what you got to do

DeletedUser25958

I am really getting worried now. The average of leaving people is 30 a day! Now there are 4000 members where the last 1000 members are level 1 greenhorns doing nothing! :mad:

TequilaJoe

I agree. Maybe we should all recruit one person or more each to join us. Suggest we tell them that this world can be viewed as a training ground for fort fights and such. Couldn't hurt.:)

DeletedUser

How could we tell everybody to do that? The forums almost as dead as a dodo.
I remember the days when the W8 forum had new posts in it daily, the dueling thread was aliveee, now we're lucky to get one post a day.

TequilaJoe

Well if we want more people in world 8 we obviously don't post in world 8, we post in 'OTHER WORLDS' and not in world 8 because the people who read world 8 are mostly already in world 8. :)

TequilaJoe

Sorry I thought it was obvious that everyone who cares to keep world 8 alive should try to recruit more people

DeletedUser

Anyway, more people are going to be leaving soon as W15 is on its way. I dont think there's anything we can do about people leaving worlds, it's only the mods who can stop it from happening.

They open new worlds for new players and then give us a games mastered world for the old players.

Typical business, only interested in new customers.

TequilaJoe

Also part of their thinking is to retain older players who already reached the top, previously level 99 and now level 120. Those are typically premium paying customers.

DeletedUser25958

They could close down world 8 and put all players left into a new world. Offcourse without losing your level or equipment. :)

Deleted User - 1278415

yea displace 3893 players who have towns to another world where they will be town less and without their earned alliances or still infighting amongst themselves.

Making sure that all inventory transferred over... what about the market items for sale.. what about the forts they worked hard on to build up to goto a new world without those luxuries.

Going to another existing world... they may already have an account there so they would have to lose an account... that is lost revenue to the Innogames.

Yea I just don't see it happening anytime soon or down the road here on .net

DeletedUser

that would take fo ever to look at all the players delete there player and move them and then save everything we will have to wait a long time for that to happen i say when world 8 has 1000 loook at world 2 and 6 lower then 8 and world 12 makin me sick with 117913 players and i looked at that to find the answer man thats to much

DeletedUser

yea displace 3893 players who have towns to another world where they will be town less and without their earned alliances or still infighting amongst themselves.

Yea I just don't see it happening anytime soon or down the road here on .net

I agree, not simple or easy, but Innogames will need to do something soonish or the the world will cease to effectively exist and all the negatives you quote will come to pass anyway.

DeletedUser25958

3862 players already :(

This means that when 20 people leave everyday, World 8 will be empty in July. Assuming no one is active offcourse. But I can`t see how many people are really active. Perhaps 2000 people?

TequilaJoe

I think most of the people in world 8 are doing jobs and quests, not fort fighting or dueling. Maybe 150 active fort fighters. The good thing is the numbers appear to be somewhat evenly mixed between the 2 major groups so fort fights are never slam dunks

DeletedUser

World 8 was my first world. Most of what I learned about the game was on this world. True I don't do a whole lot other than jobs and very very few fort battles but I have helped build five towns and one fort. I have no intention of dropping this World.

Deleted User - 1278415

Just an observation... and I dont play on w8, and this may not be a popular statement to make... but if you want to revive a world, get the players left on w8 to petition that w8 be the next Enhanced Premium World to be upgraded.

Then we could make w8 the recommended world for all new players to join. As it seems that only Enhanced Premium worlds get the recommended world to join default option set.

DeletedUser25825

Well... everybody can't be happy it seems. First... you complain about the fact that twenty or so go inactive a day. THEN... a person makes an ideal, sound suggestion of a way to mitigate the drop in players... only to be shot down citing MORE people will leave through the solution... and I'm sorry all... that is likely to hit all of the worlds (this is really a business after all) at some point or another eventually? Doesn't make sense to me. It seems either way... people are leaving... BUT... with the rendering of W8 into a premium world... it will subjugate new players into the world. Minions folks! Hellstrom shouldn't be the only to get em...

For me... who is a great lover of the adventurous quests and finding stuff... W8 is ideal! I don't get hounded to participate in fort fights (though in truth, I like the new reward system so have found myself participating more often), but more importantly... I rarely get dueled! Nothing irks my goat more than being in the middle of a time required quest, or WORSE... being en route to some far distant land to take part in a quest... only to have some mad happy I can KO ANYbody (as long as they're twenty duel levels below me) types come along and end my journey for no apparent reason other than I exist and shouldn't apparently. *Shakes fist and returns to her regularly scheduled forum skating*

Last edited by a moderator: