Study on the time taken to get/complete fishing rod

DeletedUser

I would like to gather information about how long it is taking people that start out seeking the fishing rod to get it and then complete the quest. I would like a large number of people since this is a purely random thing and larger numbers would give a better estimate of the average time to receive it. I myself have two characters that are well into their second day of trying, both starting at roughly 8 pm est Thursday. My goal is to compare this to other methods of leveling to see whether this is an effective means of leveling or not.

I will take the average of all the people that respond to this and then compare to the time it takes me to level a character through quests (only assigning skill and attribute points to what is necessary to continue the quests) and also through leveling a character through a dex trapping build.

Please try to estimate the time it took you to complete the quest. Since I expect to get flooded with many people at first who completed it in very little time I would like to keep this going until the last stragglers get in.

We will see how it goes.

edit- if you have a build faster than the trapper please inform me and send me the info on how long it took you to level that toon to 500 xp. I will then try to confirm it and add it to my comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think most people wont believe me unless i post a screen shot, but on my first try I got the fishing rod....and on my second try I got two MORE fishing rods, a sling shot, and two trout...i was shocked as well. Total of 3 rods in 4 hours

DeletedUser

30 mins for my first one then picked up 2 more in the 6 hours needed to complete the quest

DeletedUser20647

Here's the result of your study: The average time to get the fishing rod is 11 hours and 40 minutes without premium, 6 hours and 50 minutes with premium. To get the total average you need to know how many players have premium, I think :)

DeletedUser

Here's the result of your study: The average time to get the fishing rod is 11 hours and 40 minutes without premium, 6 hours and 50 minutes with premium. To get the total average you need to know how many players have premium, I think :)
ooh, has this been done already? where did this info come from? I was going to set up a random number generator and try to see on average how many times it took to get 1-3 out of 1-100 about 1000 times and then multiplying by 30.

those that answered, is the number provided adding the additional 6 hours and possible time it took to rest and recover energy?

DeletedUser20647

I'm sorry, that is wrong. The average time to get it, is double the amount of those hours.

DeletedUser

4 hours to find a fishing rod. In those 4 hours I also found a broken whiskey bottle, a black bandanna, a granite, black rags, and 4 trout. Those fisherman are some real slobs!

DeletedUser

thank you, lobo, l8dy, the difference between with and without would be caused by the one that increases energy correct?

DeletedUser22061

2X 30 mins stints to get the rods myself. no premium or anythin like that and level 1 lol

DeletedUser

Lets see here. I did:

30 minutes of stream fishing followed by
2 hours of stream fishing followed by
1 hour of stream fishing

Then after like 12 hours from when I was busy in real life:

1 hour of stream fishing for the rod

So that's a total of 4 hours and a half to get the rod in my case. No premium here by the way.

DeletedUser

so far....16 hrs and no items...none.....got 20 trout....but no pole :(

and i have premium.....go premium :(...i guess it helps?...

DeletedUser

Lets see here. I did:

30 minutes of stream fishing followed by
2 hours of stream fishing followed by
1 hour of stream fishing

Then after like 12 hours from when I was busy in real life:

1 hour of stream fishing for the rod

So that's a total of 4 hours and a half to get the rod in my case. No premium here by the way.
yeah that's alright, I am figuring on time loss from rl. I expect it.

DeletedUser

I have premium and after 22 hours and 37 trout, a sling shot, broken whiskey bottle, two gray hats, and a green indian necklace I have given up chasing the rod even after i had to find a starter town to sleep in for 6 hours before trying again. It is like a slot machine. I feel like it totally wasted my time and in the 22 hours I spent looking for the rod and if I had found it another how many hours to do the quest I would have been out way to many hours. so in less than the original time it took me of wasting a day and a half I have given up and finally gotten on my way to doing it the ole fashion way....hard work, so much for luck....hope this helps your findings;)

DeletedUser

10 min Fishing. 30 Minute Fishing. Then on 2nd 30 minute Fishing I got rod. Then I decided to invest in premium while working on the quest.

DeletedUser

Premium didnt help me at all!

kind of hurts my feelings a little that it took so long to find a pole.

26 hrs fishing= 1 fishing pole....and 30 trout