The Nebulous World 8 Politics Thread

DeletedUser

I would say Gyoza has won many battles here on the forum, because despite what has been said or peoples opinions, he is the one leaving smiling while everyone else leaves rather frustrated. The key to victory is to not taking things seriously. There is no greater weapon then the power of laughter.

DeletedUser

Lyndon Johnson said it was truth, John Lydon said it was nature, Luther Vandross said it was love and The Joker said it was your fear. But laughter works too.

Among our weaponry are such diverse elements as the truth, nature, love, your fear, laughter... I'll come in again.

DeletedUser

You asked no question. Tell me though .. how many FoM members do you see in these forums .. World 8 section anymore?

I don't know. I don't know who is in which towns... and I don't know why they would choose to stay away either. I do know that the vast majority of the players in the game do not come to these forums, town forums, or any forums anywhere for that matter.

DeletedUser

Well there used to be a lot of us that came to the forums and came into the world 8 section. Please note the phrase "Used to be". Doesn't matter much anyway. I don't spend as much time in here as I used to ... the air got kind of stale.

DeletedUser

You'll give up the forums one day. Or at least you keep saying you will. I have been nice to you. That's more than most people can say. Of course, I shot you in the face a bunch of times. But that doesn't mean we can't be friends.

And don't think anyone misses your smiley abusing furry friends, either. They don't.

DeletedUser

The politics in this game world are not nebulous they are insane. I hope we can at least all agree on that!

I just want to say that I have played a lot of games but I have never seen the kind of - players making up the rules game as this in my life!!!!!!

I know there are a lot of mistakes and this game is still in the developmental stages, which is why I suspect so many players feel they can make up their own rules. But the rules are pretty clear in this game. For dueling there is a built in limit on the range of the players that can be dueled by other players. That is all. There is nothing about the moral value of hitting one player over another. If that was an intended aspect of the game, there would be some sort of system to accompany it - perhaps lower points for hitting builders and higher points for hitting fighters... whatever! This is not an accident!

The rules are clear and complex enough to indicate that the game developers knew what they were doing when they set it up. You have to belong to a town. Your town has to have a mortician if you would like to duel, but you can still be dueled even if your town does not have a mortician. You cannot duel the same player more than once an hour. Nothing about who you can duel... but there are limitations on the level disparity. Nothing else about the frequency of dueling. Sounds very purposeful to me.

If someone joins your town, it is not dishonorable if they read your forum. The forum is there for them to read. That is part of the game. You can't kick a player out for 24 hours after they join. That is intentional too. There are hidden forums you can use. You don't have to invite people into your town - there are many options for everyone.

All of these rules create situations for game play, strategy, and intrigue. That is what is supposed to make the game interesting. It allows different people to manipulate the available opportunities in various ways to create new game plays. Every player is faced with choices and opportunities. It's all good. There is no moral value attached to any of these things.

One strategy is to ban together with other players to create giant alliances that are based on player defined rules. Then that alliance has the challenge to enforce the rules they are creating. That is good strategic game play. That is not morally superior or inferior. It is just a game play.

Another way to play the game is to duel/sleep the giant alliance until they are all ready to do a lemming dash into the sea... That is not morally superior or inferior either. It is also good strategic game play.

The only problem on world 8 is the moral/honor smog that chokes everyone and makes it so no one can talk about good game strategy or appreciate the cleverness of other players. Name calling is lame - sorry but it is a sign that the people involved don't know what they're really talking about.

If you wish to argue any of what I have written here, then first address these same issues regarding an old established game. No one questions the rules, and people who play spend a lot of time mastering those rules so they can manipulate the game play for strategy and challenge. Did you ever hear a chess player say that it is not honorable for a queen to take a pawn? Of course not... and if you're a good enough player you might be able to make your pawn become the queen. ;)

DeletedUser

I advocate this line of thinking. Dumb players expect to be protected by the almighty hand of the devs, but in the end they just have to look down the barrel of their own stupidity.

DeletedUser

Iliandra I think you forgot something. Sitting and waiting for your character to finish a 2 hour job tends to get boring, so players tend to start little battles in the forums to break the boredom.

90% of the forum is nothing more then another type of game. It breaks the boredom up on the other game. World 8 won the drama award, and we worked hard to earn it. But it was still just another game.

It's no secret that I don't care for Gyoza or the little mind games he likes to play. But without him I'd really not have anyone to argue with. :p

So all in all it just another game.;)

DeletedUser

Changed my mind here... don't want to interfere with the drama :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well SmittenKitten - now you've really got me confused. I totally agree it was all a game, I even said as much in an earlier post. You are the one who said most of the players from your towns don't come here anymore because of that game. There isn't much drama on the forum lately...

Maybe it wasn't as fun a game for everyone as you're saying now...

Then again maybe it was and the end of this has yet to play out... I will retreat and wait for the drama to begin again Hahaha! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No I said most of the FoM members don't come to this section of the forums anymore. Very few of my town members even belong to the forums here. I set up a outside forum for my town members so as to make it easier for them and the other towns involved in our forts to talk about what's needed to build.

FoM is a hugh alliance .. not a town. Many towns have FoM in their name. :)

DeletedUser

And if your wondering what FoM stands for, it is an on going debate. I think it stands for freaky otter man which would be the next evolutionary stage of the platypus.