Discussion The West Stats

DeletedUser

Any clue if we'll ever be able to check out rankings?

Think it was mentioned earlier.

DeletedUser

In the job calculator the fluid width seems to have changed from looping the the skills column (which is fine) to looping the difficulty/labour points column instead. To be honest, I'd prefer if the central column was fixed width because I don't need to see the poll, but that's just me. :) But the labour point looping is bad for readability.

(Laptop screen res: 1024x600)

I've put a fixed width on it now :) Should be fixed.

We recently changed the one image with php putting the numbers there, to 3 images without the php process. This will help our bandwidth and cut down on unnecessary processes.

Here is a graph to show what impact it's had already!

cpu_improvement.png

Any clue if we'll ever be able to check out rankings?

Think it was mentioned earlier.

Not until they make the data available :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nice CPU savings :)

At my end, it is now looking a pixel or two short.

Playing with Firebug (one of my favourite Firefox addons!), changing the .r1 td & .r2 td padding from 4px to 3px fixed wrapping, but I didn't look at all CSS. Just wanted to see how much more room I needed.

DeletedUser

When the 'Hide jobs I can't do' option has been checked, it gets unchecked when you select to sort by any of the columns in the table.

If you try to sort then check the 'Hide jobs I can't do', when you hit filter, it resets the sort order to by difficulty.

It does work if you sort then manually add the &hide=on in the address bar.

DeletedUser

Thanks for that little tip Metalax. That is definitely going to come in handy. It is good to be able to see your best $$/XP/Luck jobs without having to scroll through all the ones you can't do.

DeletedUser

You don't really need an add-on. One ctrl+- is enough to make everything fit in one row.

DeletedUser

You don't really need an add-on. One ctrl+- is enough to make everything fit in one row.

That add-on is for editing/inspecting CSS etc. I wasn't using it to fix the problem. :p

But yes, ctrl+- does the job.

DeletedUser

When the 'Hide jobs I can't do' option has been checked, it gets unchecked when you select to sort by any of the columns in the table.

If you try to sort then check the 'Hide jobs I can't do', when you hit filter, it resets the sort order to by difficulty.

Should be fixed

DeletedUser

Yeah cheers for that. It still does the resetting to sorting by difficulty when you hit the filter, but that is a minor thing.

DeletedUser

Nice CPU savings :)

At my end, it is now looking a pixel or two short.

Playing with Firebug (one of my favourite Firefox addons!), changing the .r1 td & .r2 td padding from 4px to 3px fixed wrapping, but I didn't look at all CSS. Just wanted to see how much more room I needed.

Changed the css, should be fine now :)

DeletedUser

West Stats appears offline to me? Worked about an hour ago :)

Rip

EDIT - Doesnt matter its working again now :D

DeletedUser

Weststats and in game Forum

After importing info to Weststats the town forum button triggers a re-import instead of opening the Town forum properly. I can open the forum in a new window or log out and log in to fix the problem. Has anyone else encountered this?

DeletedUser

While we're nitpicking, there are 2 tiny things I've noticed. Soldier(Solider) is misspelled on the quests page. And the attribute points reward isn't listed for Kate's Ring quest.

But yeah, great site. I use it every day.

DeletedUser363

Some other minor errors are that:

• In the adventurer quest, Decision 1: He who laughs last, the reward says +5 Doging instead of Dodging.

• The weapon level requirement for Precise pepperbox revolver is listed as 45, when it is actually 43.

• On the products page, every single one is capitalized except for barbed wire.

• For the Neckband item "Aztec Necklace" the bonus is listed as +9 Horseback Riding, when it should be +10 Horseback Riding.

• For the weapon Precise pepperbox revolver the bonus is listed as +3 Aim, when it should be +3 Dodging.

• For the Fancy Stetson, it lists one of the bonuses as +1 Mobility, however this is not true.

DeletedUser

I can't do a lot of things after running those scripts. I've not logged a support ticket, as just quickly logging back in again fixes me up.

DeletedUser

I can't schedule work after running the scripts. I just always reload after they've been run, and then it is fine.

DeletedUser

While we're nitpicking, there are 2 tiny things I've noticed. Soldier(Solider) is misspelled on the quests page. And the attribute points reward isn't listed for Kate's Ring quest.

But yeah, great site. I use it every day.

The first will be fixed soon. The second we are working on. As you can see all the choice quest rewards need to be added :)

Some other minor errors are that:

• In the adventurer quest, Decision 1: He who laughs last, the reward says +5 Doging instead of Dodging.
Fixed
  • The weapon level requirement for Precise pepperbox revolver is listed as 45, when it is actually 43.
Fixed :)
  • On the products page, every single one is capitalized except for barbed wire.
Will be fixed soon
  • For the Neckband item "Aztec Necklace" the bonus is listed as +9 Horseback Riding, when it should be +10 Horseback Riding.
Fixed
  • For the weapon Precise pepperbox revolver the bonus is listed as +3 Aim, when it should be +3 Dodging.
Fixed

• For the Fancy Stetson, it lists one of the bonuses as +1 Mobility, however this is not true.

I have looked in our database, and can't see +1 Mobility? Were you talking about another item?

DeletedUser

It does seem to be running faster now. The quest checklist thing is good, although would it be possible when a quest series is completed, to have an indication on the main quest listing page?

The quest Pony-Express (Message for you) seems to be missing from the listing.