town settlers

would you like to have a backround country?

• Total voters

DeletedUser

19th century even. i really need to get this keyboard fixed. especially the space button.

DeletedUser

America (as in the United Sates of America) was "the great smelting pot" during the era in which the game is set . All the immigrants in question would have come through the cities of the East coast , and made their way west to the "open land" in the center of the country . While there is a few examples of settlements all originating from the same region of the old world , most were set up of a mixed groups of different back grounds all working together to make a new home . People were developing new customs not clinging to the old ways from where they had come from .
I dislike this idea completely . It leads to balkanization of peoples , not the blending together to form a new nation that was the soul of this era in United Sates history .
Plus it will lead to endless bickering . Russians shouldn't have that the Spanish were so much better at it . How can You not give that to the Italians ? etc. etc. etc.

DeletedUser

Ok enough off topic, let's get onto the actual idea.

I think adding certain stereotypes to different countries would open a lot to complain about.

DeletedUser3741

Ok enough off topic, let's get onto the actual idea.

I think adding certain stereotypes to different countries would open a lot to complain about.

Age of Empires 3 did it so well tho

DeletedUser

Didn't quite get what you were getting at there since AOE I/II did multi-country too but then realise that AOE III is based in America so anyway...

Using the same 'countries' AOEIII did is the most accurate we could probably get with this game, since AOE has always been Historically correct in the past. :D

DeletedUser

aoe3 did thats were my main idea came from its totaly non stereotypical at all like British had a mass naval so they got better ship ect. well if people want to agrue about something stupied like my country should get this not that well they can go ahead but this is an awesome idea if alot of the countries are =

DeletedUser

People complained about calling "Indians" Indians in the game. I am very sure there would be more complaints if we were told German people had extra HP, and English people good at trading etc. I certainly would not want to be a country with a rubbish advantage...and the most useful skills going to other countries would create lots of uncertainty. Aka the traps or the construction country would be the most popular no doubt.

And which countries do you leave out? Where do you stop? What if someone gets offended at their country being left out?

DeletedUser

well if people like to complain them let them personally i wouldn't care but i do like the term Native better cause i believe we didn't come from India we were always here and you say anything about my believes you can die in hell.

DeletedUser

I am in no way saying that is a silly complaint, I am merely saying however it is put there will be complaints, and lots of people are very patriotic and would not like people deciding certain aspects about them.

DeletedUser

point taken but still their might be a way to make it sound good. like you can explain why that is that english are better farmers

DeletedUser

See? A stereotype. I am English myself and dislike being labelled as a farmer.

DeletedUser

If you want civilizations then play age of empires this is the west.