Train Stations

Do you think its a good idea to have a train station

• Total voters

DeletedUser

I think that you should create a train station so that people could tavel a little bit faster and still pay money for it

DeletedUser

yea that would be good
you could also have + energy during the trip you make
like hotels better seats would give more energy

DeletedUser

That is a good idea. Accessable only to and from towns with Station Built. Maybe even provide some extra income (trade). After all, there are people running around and laying railroad tracks. Actually there is a building railroad station job...

DeletedUser

i think i've heard something like this before, but its still a good idea :)

DeletedUser

Silly idea. Horses halve traveling time. Any less is ridiculous.

DeletedUser

The concept ties in well with the game. The problem is that a player can already go anywhere in a few hours. If it was like TW, where a noble needs a month to cross the W, that would be different.

DeletedUser

There could be like just 10 trains at once.
Coming at:
10:00
15:00
18:00
... or something like that, depending on town.

So you still need to wait for train to come.
I don't like the idea sorry, it only complexes the game more and if you miss the train for 1 sec, you gonna ***** again on the forums.

DeletedUser

I don't think this is a good idea...

For example SOD could go to the other side to the world (where the newbies start) to destroy entire towns... by raiding their money.

DeletedUser1105

1) This has been mentioned an uncountable number of times.
2) There is not really any need. As has been said above, it doesn't take that long to travel across the entire world anyway, in the scheme of things.

DeletedUser

I dont like the idea that much. It kinda takes away from the game in my eyes. I think horses is the way it should stay.

DeletedUser

I love idea. Increese trevel time and RR will make sense. RR were important in wild west and wild west game without RR is just lacking, well, RR. Anyway, to add more to this idea; RR could be built by towns. When two towns are connected then some bonus would be added to their town treasury for let say goods transfer. Add RR station to town, add rail road tracks to map and it will finally look like a wild west game.

Just my two cents

DeletedUser

I love idea. Increese trevel time and RR will make sense. RR were important in wild west and wild west game without RR is just lacking, well, RR. Anyway, to add more to this idea; RR could be built by towns. When two towns are connected then some bonus would be added to their town treasury for let say goods transfer. Add RR station to town, add rail road tracks to map and it will finally look like a wild west game.

Just my two cents
and through this you must agree to connect to a town to travel to it and that is the only way you can expand your RR so a newbie town would have to agree to connect to town like SOD so that way the wouldnt get owned up the butt as soon as they connect

DeletedUser

>.> My speed, with just a donkey and no premium, is 141%. Do we seriously need railroad speed?

DeletedUser

Well if we would get much bigger map with less towns then we would need it. Many ppl here agree with me about bigger map-few towns so RR would then work like a charm.

DeletedUser

Rail road idea worked out

New town building - RR station
4 or more levels.
1st level - you can connect to another town
2nd level - you can connect to one more town
3rd level - higher % of collect money on goods

Benefits:
* if map would be bigger and if there are fewer towns then this all would make sense.
- if you would use RR then you would travel as fast as fastest horse
- you would not get tired and traveling by foot or horse should take some energy (more realistic)
- you would pay for ticket and that money would go to starting town treasury
- connected cities would share goods from their stores
- if two towns are connexted then their members can see goods from both towns
- goods from other town can be bought cheaper, let say 35% of the price, and money from trade would go to original town.
- with each level of RR station, original town that sold the goods would make higher % of money.
- this could be increesed if they hire RR manager whose trading skill would further increase % of the money they get from selling a product in other town.
- towns connected indirectly, via directly conected town, would be able to see and buy goods at lets say 50% of original price

How would it look if it would be implemented:
- fewer towns with bigger map and distances as discussed in other thread
- realistic map with rail roads
- higher level of organization in all towns as good decisions would make more money
- more strategy in town part
- one more interesting spot in town as you could work as RR manager
- to compesate in waste of time for duellers they could perhaps get a free ride or discounts

There. I hope you like it and will comment.
Regards,

Marko

P.S. In order to stop ppl from buying horses as taking a RR would be simplier perhaps it would be good to add bonus on horses. Like, if you ride a horse you get bonus on your appearence as it in reality would happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1105

I think it's a little bit silly to be asking for an idea to be implemented that would work only if ANOTHER idea was implemented first.

For example, the railroad idea has already been proved to be useless because the map is not big enough to need one.

Why campaign for a railroad that works only a bigger map when you have not got a bigger map yet?

Go and campaign for the bigger map. If they expand it to a size that would work with railroads, THEN come back and request railroads.

DeletedUser

I think it's a little bit silly to be asking for an idea to be implemented that would work only if ANOTHER idea was implemented first.

For example, the railroad idea has already been proved to be useless because the map is not big enough to need one.

Why campaign for a railroad that works only a bigger map when you have not got a bigger map yet?

Go and campaign for the bigger map. If they expand it to a size that would work with railroads, THEN come back and request railroads.

I am campaining for bigger map ;) in other thread. Read before you post :rolleyes: