Train Stations

Do you think its a good idea to have a train station

• Total voters

DeletedUser

Maybe there should just be a few train lines in established areas. The real west had trains

DeletedUser

Pennsylivania Ave

I think the idea was a creative one. I am on the fence about the idea. One against, One for.

One, the game is time-based and to be 100% honest, I would hate this game to go by 4 times as fast because, why even play a game that can be maxed in weeks? Plus its nice, since I tend to have 'a life', I dont spend hours playing the game. I can do two jobs, walk away. Come back during or after work and do something, play with the town forum, and log off. If people could play at faster paces than me (who was working/had a life and cant play 24/7), I'd be surpassed and not have any fun with the game.

However, it would be neat to help increase town growth, offer trade benefits, even have town income from 'passengers' paying a small toll to travel much quicker.

Ultimately, I trust the designers in creating a great all around fun game. They have I'm sure, contemplated these ideas we post over and over. If we're going to implement transportation upgrades, I vouch for a DeLorean. Imagine how quickly you could travel even at 88MPH...:cool: (But there are no thunderstorms..)

DeletedUser

they should make it where depending on your level were you can go and for the time it should be like 5-10 minutes before it leaves and there should be first class 2nd class and so one

DeletedUser

i like this idea about the trade part .. it would go very good with my idea of raiseing cattle , u could have to take them to the train to sell them

DeletedUser

New town building - RR station
4 or more levels.
1st level - you can connect to another town
2nd level - you can connect to one more town
3rd level - higher % of collect money on goods

Benefits:
* if map would be bigger and if there are fewer towns then this all would make sense.
- if you would use RR then you would travel as fast as fastest horse
- you would not get tired and traveling by foot or horse should take some energy (more realistic)
- you would pay for ticket and that money would go to starting town treasury
- connected cities would share goods from their stores
- if two towns are connexted then their members can see goods from both towns
- goods from other town can be bought cheaper, let say 35% of the price, and money from trade would go to original town.
- with each level of RR station, original town that sold the goods would make higher % of money.
- this could be increesed if they hire RR manager whose trading skill would further increase % of the money they get from selling a product in other town.
- towns connected indirectly, via directly conected town, would be able to see and buy goods at lets say 50% of original price

How would it look if it would be implemented:
- fewer towns with bigger map and distances as discussed in other thread
- realistic map with rail roads
- higher level of organization in all towns as good decisions would make more money
- more strategy in town part
- one more interesting spot in town as you could work as RR manager
- to compesate in waste of time for duellers they could perhaps get a free ride or discounts

There. I hope you like it and will comment.
Regards,

Marko

P.S. In order to stop ppl from buying horses as taking a RR would be simplier perhaps it would be good to add bonus on horses. Like, if you ride a horse you get bonus on your appearence as it in reality would happen.

If you put it this way... then I agree with this. However... just adding a trainstation has no use. So if its changed like you say above here... then i agree.

DeletedUser

There could be like just 10 trains at once.
Coming at:
10:00
15:00
18:00
... or something like that, depending on town.

So you still need to wait for train to come.
I don't like the idea sorry, it only complexes the game more and if you miss the train for 1 sec, you gonna ***** again on the forums.

I was writing on the http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?p=35894#post35894 thread and had this idea, but seen i was beaten to it when i was going to make a thread! haha! oh well!

I think its a good idea and if you have questions about it then fire them at me as im sure i could think of ways for it to work!

by building a train station could open the game up well! they should have a protection on the towns so SOD could not take them out! Also traveling would be easier and where ever you pay at the money should go to that town... i think you should have to pay to build a train track to link up to the other networks and towns like the job task does exist but nothing out of it...

Also if they have the jail idea too seen on this thread http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?p=35894#post35894 then I think that there can be train robberys and if the people that do them are caught then they can go to jail. See the jail idea on the link, its good!!

Also how could we develop indians to come into the game? could they raid towns and trains?

DeletedUser

I think that a Train Station is a great idea, but not for transportation.

it should be a means of increase of revenue for your town, and also give your General Store a level booster. Having a train run through your town would give you access to more goods and supplies.

In my opinion.

DeletedUser

This idea went on 4th page so I just want to move it up :eek:. Read first and then vote and I hope you will like it. This idea IMHO should also be linked with idea about fewer towns and bigger map just to make things feel more wild west.

DeletedUser

Found this thread on 5th page. 58 ppl voted and it deserves to be on first page with hopes that developers will see it.
Please vote

DeletedUser1105

marecone, it was on the 5th page for a reason.

Let it die, man, let it die.

DeletedUser

I think this is a great idea. It is a good idea for everyone, not only could you get around quicker, but you could make some revenue for your towns as well. If you onw the town then you could ride the train for free. The higher the level you could have one way tickets, and then have two way tickets.

DeletedUser

this was though of befour like town links
point a-b
pod to offipica
but towns split money to build it