Unfair Dueling

DeletedUser

two levels works well ,except on very low levelled people, so a level 3 shouldn't be able to duel a level 1

Ummmm sorry to be the one to point out..i am sure if you a level on no one will invite you to their town..and also to weak and no money to build your own so how can you duel a level 1..and also most people recruit level 9 above..

DeletedUser

I think the whole duel system is whack!
You can't just walk through a field and shanghai any ol' worker just loungin' around!
Nosireebob. You have to have a mortician in your town and then visit the town of your "unsuspecting" foe and then challenge him.

What the point of having a Mortician and Health points if you can't lynch someone?

DeletedUser

I think the whole duel system is whack!
You can't just walk through a field and shanghai any ol' worker just loungin' around!
Nosireebob. You have to have a mortician in your town and then visit the town of your "unsuspecting" foe and then challenge him.

What the point of having a Mortician and Health points if you can't lynch someone?

Yeah true..but would be unfair if a level 30 decided to lynch a level 20 player so there should be some rules to prevent this..

DeletedUser

I hate to point out the obvious here but if you had 100$ on you when you went to sleep - I have to ask why you didn't bank it or put it towards the town treasury ?

Also I believe there is a one hour minimum rule in effect to duel the same person and there is a 5 level rule in effect.

Lastly if you narrow down the levels to 2 as suggested ... what are you going to do when people get into the 20s and 30s + higher can't find people within their level range to duel ?

DeletedUser

I hate to point out the obvious here but if you had 100$ on you when you went to sleep - I have to ask why you didn't bank it or put it towards the town treasury ?

Also I believe there is a one hour minimum rule in effect to duel the same person and there is a 5 level rule in effect.

Lastly if you narrow down the levels to 2 as suggested ... what are you going to do when people get into the 20s and 30s + higher can't find people within their level range to duel ?

First off i read about this guy already who was dueled 5 times in one day and lost all his money that he just earned coz he left his character working..so better extend that time..

2nd..what if there are nicer weapon already out there on the market and i am sure people will wanna save up to buy those and the back can only hold a minimum amount of monry in ti depends on its level..

3rd i am sure..even if the two level difference law is implemented..you will still be able to find someone in your bracket..with alot of player around be impossible not to find one..

DeletedUser

easy to solve really.. increase the time between duels to 8 hours? if someone duels you every 8 hours and succeeds because you didnt change your stance then its your fault for not being active enough.. and for anoyying them so much they feel they must do this :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Just make it so a player recently attacked cannot be attacked again by you for minimum 8 hrs, perhaps 24 would be better.

This would probably be a good idea. But while they are online, it would need to be shorter, maybe 5-10 minutes?

DeletedUser

a level 15 player would always beat a level 10 player, but would always get beaten by a level 20. i say 5 levels is too much. three?

DeletedUser

Guys comon let just stick with two here..5 level is just way to much your counting more on you level that way rather than skill which would really suck..coz as i know dueling back in those days was all about skill..not who had the best gun..or in this case level..

*When i say skill strategy which body part to aim at and where to dodge to..not stats..

DeletedUser

easy to solve really.. increase the time between duels to 8 hours? if someone duels you every 8 hours and succeeds because you didnt change your stance then its your fault for not being active enough.. and for anoyying them so much they feel they must do this :rolleyes:

i could go along with this, but i think random stances is better, would like to see both really

DeletedUser

Some people posting here are absolutely clueless. You're debating about how to implement a system that is already in place. Let me try to explain: each player has a regular level, and a duelling level. Your duelling level is a minimum of your regular level, but if you have stacked up on your duelling skills then your duelling level will be higher than your regular level, but never lower.

Now, when you challenge someone to a duel, the difference in duelling level is calculated. If the difference is too large (it's around 3-4 levels for a lvl 17 character), then the player cannot be challenged.
If the player is asleep, they cannot be challenged.
If you don't have enough energy, they cannot be challenged.
If you duel a lot, your motivation goes way down as with a regular job, so it's not as if you can just duel all the time.
If you duel someone much lower level than you, you get virtually no experience. If they have banked their cash, you don't even get cash from the win.

Usually all that happens if you are challenged, and you lose, is that you lose a bit of your cash. But this isn't a problem if you use that very handy feature called a bank. If you win you gain experience for free. It doesn't cost you energy to be the "victim" of the duel, even if you win.

Cliffs: If you stash your cash, being a duel "victim" has more positives than negatives.

DeletedUser

Some people posting here are absolutely clueless. You're debating about how to implement a system that is already in place. Let me try to explain: each player has a regular level, and a duelling level. Your duelling level is a minimum of your regular level, but if you have stacked up on your duelling skills then your duelling level will be higher than your regular level, but never lower.

Now, when you challenge someone to a duel, the difference in duelling level is calculated. If the difference is too large (it's around 3-4 levels for a lvl 17 character), then the player cannot be challenged.
>If you don't have enough energy, they cannot be challenged.
If you duel a lot, your motivation goes way down as with a regular job, so it's not as if you can just duel all the time.
If you duel someone much lower level than you, you get virtually no experience. If they have banked their cash, you don't even get cash from the win.

Usually all that happens if you are challenged, and you lose, is that you lose a bit of your cash. But this isn't a problem if you use that very handy feature called a bank. If you win you gain experience for free. It doesn't cost you energy to be the "victim" of the duel, even if you win.

Cliffs: If you stash your cash, being a duel "victim" has more positives than negatives.

Thou you can only hold 80$ in a bank now..and as i know you can be sueled even without energy for you dont spend energy when you are challenged..

DeletedUser

its already proven that lvls are not accurate right now duels with 6 or more lvl differances have been noted

not everybody is near a town with a hotel

you can still do it since motivation only affects experiance not wins

who cares about experiance or cash its all about the notch on the belts for a victory, see its people like you who are shortsighted thinking people are dueling for experiance or cash, their not their dueling for the win since they want to be known as the best of the best.

DeletedUser

its already proven that lvls are not accurate right now duels with 6 or more lvl differances have been noted

not everybody is near a town with a hotel

you can still do it since motivation only affects experiance not wins

who cares about experiance or cash its all about the notch on the belts for a victory, see its people like you who are shortsighted thinking people are dueling for experiance or cash, their not their dueling for the win since they want to be known as the best of the best.

*Applauds Loudly*

Well said...well said..

DeletedUser

well if you do not belong to a town, then you cannot be challenged to a duel...

DeletedUser

not too mention if you don't belong to a town that Donkey can be very expensive.