Unfair Dueling

DeletedUser

My issue is this.. I am traveling to my town and until I reach my town I cannot interact with it.

To duel me, all someone has to do is go to my Tavern and click Duel, even though the game states I am 4 hours away from my town..

They should be given the option to wait for me or travel to my location.

Those old west bullets have a better range than cruise missles. :mad:

That's a very good point!

DeletedUser

So if you're town doesn't have a mortician, you can be attacked at any time, but you can never attack your aggressor back? That right there doesn't seem very fair.

DeletedUser

Here are some facts all pooled together.

If you are a member of a town you can sleep for FREE.
If you are a member of a town you can deposit money in your personal or town bank account.
If you are a member of a town, only then can you be attacked.
You can queue 2 8 hour sleep shifts.
You don't need to be asleep for the full 8 hours, you can cancel it when you log back on, if your at your home town it's free right?
If you complain about only being able to deposit $80... put your leftover money towards improving your bank.

The only thing I agree with is your dueling strategy should be randomized while you are offline.

DeletedUser

actually there is so far no known limit going downwards since i seen a lvl 14 challenge a lvl 9 which is a 5 point disparity, but i also heard that the lvl 9 wanted to challenege the lvl 14 and could not, so unsure how this is done yet.

also you can attack the person again as long as they don't die and no time limit i know of. we had one player who posted here get attacked 3 times in one night by the same player.

Oh?

Other posts:

As for no duelling when you're offline, well, let's think about it for a moment. It takes, what? about 5 minutes(?) to log in, hunt for a job, queue up some stuff. Then you can go back offline for 4 hours (or 8 with premium). So what some people want is that you can be challenged during those few minutes, and as long as you hit the log out button pretty sharpish, no-one's ever gonna catch you online! Is that what's being suggested here in this thread? Cause that seems pretty ridiculous to me. Like Tyr said, it's easy to queue up 2 sleeps back-to-back (in fact I do this every night because I don't like to log in when I first wake up... then i cancel the 2nd sleep when i get online). It doesn't make you fall behind in the rankings, and if you're worried about being duelled while you sleep, that there solves it.

No hotels nearby? If you're a member of a town, and thus can be duelled, isn't it your town's priority to get a hotel? If not, the only reason why there would be no need for a hotel as soon as the town was established would be that there was a hotel nearby.

Uhm.. I think that might be all I have to respond to but I can't remember =( I'm just too shortsighted to make a note of the post I need to reply to :(

edited for a reason I already forgot.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well there's another angle: Lets say 20 people start a "rotary club" (switching shifts of treasury deposit and building upgrades, then step-out to let the next shift roll in). Let's say this town decides to forgo building a HOTEL as paying $10 for a nights' rest an hr away is no big deal. Instead this "rotary town" decides to go straight for the Mortician, then begins dueling every mofo in every town within a 3 hr march. But because this "rotary club" keeps rotating is citizens, no one would be able to catch them....

Worse lets say this same group of 20 players actually start 2 towns simultaneously. gearing one town for market, the other for mortician. In two weeks time, they'd be damn near untouchable...

DeletedUser

So if you're town doesn't have a mortician, you can be attacked at any time, but you can never attack your aggressor back? That right there doesn't seem very fair.
its not that hard to build up a mortician i joined a town today and already got ours up to 20% with five members equivelent to my level, who dont waste their money before they ever join a town can get one up in a day.

DeletedUser

What sucks is being duelled when your a low level, in a new town without your own mortican.

Personally I think Duels should be optional. Say a player wishes to duel, they have to activite it and then turn it off when they are finished. However to stop player simply duelling someone and then going "off", it could be made that they have to wait say 24 hours before they can turn duelling off.

DeletedUser

in real life, and you plan to kill some one, chances are you do a bit of research..same thing

get over it

you can do the same thing back

DeletedUser

My idea is to have a 'challenge to a duel option' where you can legally duel someone else. If the challenge is accepted then the duel happens and the winner get exp and money and the loser get a small amount of exp.

Then there is an ambush duel which would be illegal, the ambush always happens but the character that ambushes will increase their Outlaw Level. Also they do not get as much money or exp... and if the ambusher loses then they lose all money and some exp or something...

In the Wild West movies, there seemed a way to back down to the bigger bullies with an apology or something... It didn't always have to be a shoot out...

Personally I love the idea of an Outlaw Level for your character. My idea is that if you engage in illegal jobs or ambush duels your Outlaw Level increases. Then as a consequence of your Outlaw Level, you become wanted with a price on your head... If you lose a duel you will lose more money or Exp... Or maybe spend a day or two in jail and can't do anything... I really think this idea can be used in the game...

What do you all think?

DeletedUser

The idea of being attacked from your town while you are away but not being able 2 attack back since you are away is strange.
So to say, the enemy can attack you, and u can defend, but you cannot attack him because what, u are too far? Strange indeed, once the distance doesn't matter and the other way it's not possible due to distance. Unfair!

DeletedUser

Why can't dueling be easier to organize?

I mean whenever i find a person to duel (by going through the ranking :() i just cant be botehred after that hassle.

DeletedUser

...if someone duels you...succeeds because you didnt change your stance...

i just tried changing my stance, and it doesn't stay! i open duel, change my targets and stances, close it, and open it again, and they're the same as they were the first time! :eek:hmy:

am i on drugs, or is this happening to everyone? :huh:

DeletedUser1105

I'd post this is bugs and game errors, and send in a support ticket blingadore.

DeletedUser

good point, i got dueled 15 times in a row, they atatcked me about 2-3 times each and they hit me hard

DeletedUser

The whole premise of this arguement is wrong. Basically buddy this is not the game for you.
Being able to set a second duelling stance [if you babies really need it so you can sleep at night] is actually a very good idea and stops people gaining experience too cheaply.
I speak as the 33rd ranked dueller on this game. I've made an average of less than $20 from the duels i've won and you want me to weep about some lazy greedy player who happened to have $300 on him that i took $100 then $66 then $40 off? get over it.
You threatened to leave the game because you lost $100! you know where the door is. Next!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i would leave cause of it i be angry not leave, see when i got attacked by 15 ppl i got the **** kicked out of me and died its not fun that u can get angry about lucky i had a lvl 5 hotel

DeletedUser1105

To be fair, there are ways around being repeatedly duelled for you money - don't keep it on you.

Keep in in the bank. Queue up construction on the town then quit it, buy items and keep your money in 'assets'.

DeletedUser

duel or vendetta?

There is a difference between a duel and a vendetta, which I have learned over the past week. A duel is an affair of honor where both parties have an equal chance using the same weapons. That just isnt so here where one person has a shotgun and the other a razor or a broken bottle. It also differs where people hire third parties to go after people they lack the courage to attack themselves, and the third party harrasses the target relentlessly because of the disparity in weapons. This is particularly aggravating when you try to get funds together to upgrade your equipment only to see your labor go for naught because some lowlife has a grudge he just refuses to let go of. If there is to be a change in the dueller role, let it be to level the playing field. Give it an option to use the same weapons, or at least put a limit on the number of times one person can attack another. Or, do something with the Sheriff option to provide some recourse against this behaviour.