Unfair Dueling

DeletedUser2708

If you constantly get into a duel with the same person, I suggest that you go very far away from that person, if you're not part of a town then this will be easy for you.

:huh: If you're not part of a town, then you can't be dueled anyway. :blink:

DeletedUser

happens to me, but only when im carving up claims or whatever only because it gives good money -.- i lose so much even though im level 21 i get owned by a level 15 dueler as i am an adventurer :s

DeletedUser

we should beable to duel offline players dueling is hard enough as it is with stuff like this

Duel

The player is sleeping in the hotel right now. He's well protected!

this

Is asleep right now

and this

Duel not possible

if i see a message saying this im quitting this game

Is offline right now

DeletedUser

Okay

Are you that frustrated by this one point that you would give it up? It seems extreme, to say the least. I have begun characters of several different classes, including (gaszp) a dueller, to try to see the issue from a variety of perspectives. If you are that frustrated, then take a break. But you shouldnt lose what brought you to the game to begin with simply over one point that you have an issue with. Verbalize, and lets see if we can brainstorm a solution for you

DeletedUser

im a dueler whats the point in playing a game if i cannot duel people to make money. i think the jobs are unfair they should limit the max number of people that can use a job at a time to 3 people and see how adventures feel when they have to serch everywere looking for one

DeletedUser

Thank you

Thank you for the explanation. I believe that there can be a solution, and this is certainly the place to brainstorm one. I believe that people who take the time to post in the forums are of incalculable value to the game since these are the people who keep it fresh and interesting, as the intellectual exchanges in the forum will bear out. Hang in there, and keep posting. There will be a solution.

DeletedUser

well said prudhomme. just remember to post with reasonand thoughtfulness behind the ideas, not just blather about stuff that isnt related.

DeletedUser

i think the complaint of the duelist of anything being unfair is ridiculous. being a a builder and the attacks i get from people of higher levels..which is stupid because i am a builder and to call that a duel is just a lie...

it is murder just as it was in the wild west. i am not a duelist so how can i be dueled?

what would happen if someone came to a nice town and attacked everyone there... they would put out a wanted poster and arrest and hang the guy.

now that is fair.

duels should be against duelist... not a guy panning for gold.

and to attack me when im off line is more than unfair.
to attack when im harvesting corn is murder not a duel.

it seems to me that this duel system is for cowards.

there are places that complain about the amount of inactives.. this system of dueling is one of the largest reasons. i may leave this game as well because of this ridiculous system of robbery. it is not a duel..

just plan simple cowards taking money of the lower leveled people that want only to build a town.

it is a system of frighten cowards with out honor wanting to take money with out warning from the innocent untrained corn pickers.

as for a fix..

the system should be set for duelist only..then there is honor in the business.

but there should be allowances for robbers or highway men... but there should be some penalty if caught. with wanted posters and sherrifs. i would gladly pay for some revenge.

it might even be cool if each town had its list of town duelist and when someone came to challenge.. all the towns people could see the out come. it would be cool.. they could even take the towns money if the town lost....that would still be interesting....

even in the wild west people called you out.. they didn't shoot you in the back.

maybe if there was a show down at high noon or something...that would be better.... if they had to send you a message first.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

NEUTER. thats what you want. you dont want balancewithin the game you want to do your thing without letting other poeple do theirs. your choices made you a builder. to be a good one, learn how to defend against duelists

DeletedUser

just plan simple cowards taking money of the lower leveled people that want only to build a town.

reading your post i can see you have no idea how dueling works there are lvl restriction to protect lower lvl players and i hit higher lvl players then my self as well as lower so this is untrue you want to build i want to duel you to get money for my town

the system should be set for duelist only..then there is honor in the business.

how are we suppossed to make money from dueling i don't think duilists will be sitting around with loads of money for people to take from them also players other than duelers duel people as well what about them?

what would happen if someone came to a nice town and attacked everyone there... they would put out a wanted poster and arrest and hang the guy.

you can do that most people i find in towns are protected in on way or the other making dueling the entire town inpossible

there are places that complain about the amount of inactives.. this system of dueling is one of the largest reasons. i may leave this game as well because of this ridiculous system of robbery. it is not a duel..

you should check again most of the inactives are too low lvl to duel and/or townless

DeletedUser

so you have no shame in defeating some one with no dueling skills... you are with out honor my friend. your are not a duelist only a highway man.

i think if the duelist had honor ...then they would like to challenge some someone who was a challenge that is why i said if they challenge the towns duelist they could win money from the town.. so then yes you could make money and more than you make now. not only would it make money for you.. but it would make the true duelist the honor and glory of the town. you would be well sot after and asked my every town to be the hero.

they way it is now.. you are just hated and a dread to see your criminal butt coming.

let me say yes i understand the dueling system quite well since it has happened to me often enough... it is set up for someone 2-4 levels higher than me can take my money.then brag about killing an unsuspecting farm boy. if you think there is honor in that...well let me be the first to congratulate a coward.

DeletedUser

Now you done and done it

Man you just jumped headfirst in the piranha tank. (rings the dinner triangle) Line forms behind the evil monkey...Im going to turn away, Icant bear to watch

DeletedUser

so you have no shame in defeating some one with no dueling skills... you are with out honor my friend. your are not a duelist only a highway man.

this also proves you don't know what your talking about i duel every one i can even soldier and duellers

let me say yes i understand the dueling system quite well since it has happened to me often enough... it is set up for someone 2-4 levels higher than me can take my money.then brag about killing an unsuspecting farm boy. if you think there is honor in that...well let me be the first to congratulate a coward.

i got attacked by someone twice a couple of days a go you don't see me moaning about it on the forums this is a game with the option to duel people if you don't like it leave your town or leave the game no ones forcing you to play it. i also don't go around bragging about it i duel a laod of people and put my money in the bank just like everyone else does its not my fault if someones too stupid to put there credits in the bank

DeletedUser1105

Gabranth, you talk like this game should allow you to take everyone's money as and when you want to.

Yes, duelling is a part of the game. Nobody is trying to get rid of it. We have all accepted that it is a part of the game and that people will want to come and duel you.

What is also accepted on these forums (by most people), is that the current duelling system is not the best way to do it.

There are currently a number of threads about duelling, all trying to come up with different solutions to how it can be fixed.

DeletedUser

I will keep saying it till I am blue in the face the Dev's need to change the character class from Dueler to Bandit to start with to stop the confusion about what the class does

Something does need to be done as to what who knows as it needs to keep all players happy

DeletedUser

Because You're not a super kewl dueler who can kick ass , that's why !!

DeletedUser

im a dueler whats the point in playing a game if i cannot duel people to make money. i think the jobs are unfair they should limit the max number of people that can use a job at a time to 3 people and see how adventures feel when they have to serch everywere looking for one

This is a good idea.

Don't all you Duelophobics feel guilty about all the buffaloes you endanger and all the beaver you munch? Morality is a one way street for you lot.

[sorry prudehomme it is hard to get angry with children, they have to make their own mistakes]