Upcoming Update change?

DeletedUser

Some bad ideas in there, maybe they will take in consideration before imposing new stuff:

1. "There will be quite a few new jobs, existing jobs may be modified too". Why modify the old jobs? If you upgraded your character to be able 2 do a job for a quest, an now find it different, isn't this annoying? Also, those "lucky" guys who did the jobs and quests have now advantage as they will not be affected by modification but the others will since they'll not be able to do the jobs. Really unfair. Why modify them?
As a side note, the same thing happened when decided 2 have the hotel cost twice to upgrade. So the towns that builded it before the update had gained a big advantage over the others. Now do the same?!?!?

2. "Positions of old jobs on the map will move." Again why? Many chosen locations of towns to have good jobs nearby. Now those jobs move, so we will have 2 travel back and forth 2 get to good jobs. Why move them in the first place? Just to have a big laugh i guess....

I have read some of the discussions about these points in the German forums, and the answer to both questions was mostly technical: The old jobs are moved/modified to make room for the new jobs, both on the map and in the hierarchy of jobs. Some of the new jobs are easy to medium difficulty, and some existing jobs have been made a little more difficult to "make room". I don't want to quote specific jobs here because we've been told not all the changes will be the same on this server as on the German worlds, but in general this change is supposed to make things more evenly balanced.

The location change, as far as I heard, has a far more technical reason: Jobs are not distributed by hand, but randomly according to geographical criteria (water, forest, mountains, desert etc.) To make sure that the new jobs are as evenly spaced out as the old ones, they're all thrown back into the pot and jumbled around anew. ;) This might have annoying results for some, but it's probably not possible to do this any other way.

DeletedUser

Ok crazykate, so you say they are doing this because is easier for them? Well, how about us, those who have the 2 questions in mind? I didn't asked how they do that, or their technical reason to do it. I asked why are they doing this without taking in account the players? It's not the first time the rules are changed while the game is going, and that affects all players. And is unfair as some of their modifications help some players and punish others (see the hotel problem, see the new levels for jobs, see the new locations).
The fact is the world started with a layout, and we all developed having that layout in mind (we improved so we do some jobs, we made towns so we have access to specific jobs), and now the layout is changed because of "technical issues". :blink: Tehnical issues? hmm... i've heard that before, all the time someone has no reason just throws in "technical issues".

So, crazy, please tell us what new infos are on the german forum so we know what to expect, as i said, there can be lots of unpleasant but "technically needed" modifications that can be made, so if u have info from there, tell us, the non-german speakers :eek: tx!

just remembered a good, technical issue that was requested over and over again, maybe they'll implement it: premium prices that area WAY too big for this ever changing game

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yep, just did. clearly, no more good jobs in the area. I would like 2 thank the team for this cheese!

DeletedUser

Watch you language dued. Well anyway I got a lot of new jobs near me for now.

DeletedUser

The location of the town my friend and I built now sucks because we chose the location based on the good jobs in the area. Now all the jobs have moved and to do basic tasks you have to travel at least an hour. Plus there are all these new jobs and there aren't even as many close by. They should have kept at least the same number of jobs even the jobs themselves were changed. This makes me very unhappy. I don't want to abandon my town but I feel like it won't have much success in growing because it's now in a horrible location.

DeletedUser

I don't care really its the same old excrement just a different day :) there's no point in complaining about what happens nothing ever changes.

DeletedUser

It has already been updated, I see that the jobs are moved on the map.

DeletedUser

I am really upset that you keep updating older worlds. I don't even know how to move around the map anymore, I have no relation between points, so now I have to use mini map to get around. Also my town was named after it's relation to nearby jobs.

This is the second time I've had a problem with one of your updates. You gave a unfair advantage to towns that had previously built their hotels up when you increased the points required in hotel construction, making everyone else have to work harder, and pay more.

This new update is probably less problematic then the previous, however I would like for you to reconsider updating the older worlds, if the update gives a unfair advantage, or changes the game play greatly in any way.

Please only update the older worlds to add cool new things, like more quest, town updates, weapons, etc, or just everything promised in the Hilf(Help) site

DeletedUser

Now that the update has come, I can finally announce my displeasure.

Since the day I first laid eyes on all the new stuff on Twtool, I have been silently raging to myself. Yes, all of the new jobs and items are simply amazing. HOWEVER, what the heck is with the new graphic style?

If you're going to change the look of the game, do it all at once, don't stop halfway through. We went from a rather bland 2D/3D to a shiney and depressing 3D look for these new items.

Other than that and Building Windmills skyrocketing in difficulty, I like it.

DeletedUser

i cant c robbing settlers,even though the difficulty may have increased it at least ,doesn't mean i wont be able to see it

DeletedUser

Black Jack what are you talking about?? I see nothing graphically has changed, besides the job icons looking alittle weird with ragged edges

DeletedUser

yep, the new graphic for icons & town names are .... messing with the eyes and confusing. Not to say about searching now for the town, for the jobs, i just find them harder. Well, that can be learned again i guess. Bad thing, new difficulties for older jobs and new positions.

DeletedUser

I hate this update. I've just started founding a town on W5 and they moved the jobs away. *******s
.:madg:

DeletedUser

Black Jack what are you talking about?? I see nothing graphically has changed, besides the job icons looking alittle weird with ragged edges

Just compare the old items to the new ones. There is a huge difference in art style. What we had were mostly 2D items, bordering on 3D texture. These new ones are mainly 3D, and that ugly shine makes them look dark and creepy.

DeletedUser

Just compare the old items to the new ones. There is a huge difference in art style. What we had were mostly 2D items, bordering on 3D texture. These new ones are mainly 3D, and that ugly shine makes them look dark and creepy.

I agree with that. Looks so weird.

DeletedUser

Wow! now really i am pissed.
This update f up my movement. Started heading to a 3 hours away town before the update, and now, when that walk is over, i reached where? exactly where i started. So i walked 3 hours for nothing, i haven't moved from place, but yes, it showed me "walking". Stupid!:mad: I lost 3 hours because of an.... update!
On the other hand, i had another chance to watch the beautiful new jobs near my town, not near the enemy town. What a joyful day!

DeletedUser

congradulations. you walked at the wrong time. maybe thats your own fault, for walking when they are doing the update.

also, when a game is in beta, it is subject to change, so shut up and quit complaining.
they aren't moving the jobs around because its easier for them, they are doing it because there is no other way to do it. i have no knowledge of computer programming, but i know that there are things that can and cannot be done. you people are thinking like they can do anything. but they cant. they may be the gods of the game, controlling how it works, but they are not god of the game designing programs they have. there are limitations. i'd like to see you guys do it. im sure you would never be able to do it. dont complain about jobs moing, they'll move again. you were told before you joined the game that it is in beta, yet it seems to me you have never seen that before.

hey, i got screwed over too with my jobs, quests, and location. my town was 20 seconds away from carving claims, now we are an hour away. and i cant do the quest "Breaking in horses" because the horse shoes are now in a harder job. but at least im looking at this realistically, and not in a fantasy world. i could make a fus about how much i hate it, but i know that the devs are doing everything they can.

and on the plus side, i like the new mini map. can now tell between the sizes of towns without leaving it.