Upcoming Update change?

DeletedUser

congradulations. you walked at the wrong time. maybe thats your own fault, for walking when they are doing the update.

also, when a game is in beta, it is subject to change, so shut up and quit complaining.
they aren't moving the jobs around because its easier for them, they are doing it because there is no other way to do it. i have no knowledge of computer programming, but i know that there are things that can and cannot be done. you people are thinking like they can do anything. but they cant. they may be the gods of the game, controlling how it works, but they are not god of the game designing programs they have. there are limitations. i'd like to see you guys do it. im sure you would never be able to do it. dont complain about jobs moing, they'll move again. you were told before you joined the game that it is in beta, yet it seems to me you have never seen that before.

hey, i got screwed over too with my jobs, quests, and location. my town was 20 seconds away from carving claims, now we are an hour away. and i cant do the quest "Breaking in horses" because the horse shoes are now in a harder job. but at least im looking at this realistically, and not in a fantasy world. i could make a fus about how much i hate it, but i know that the devs are doing everything they can.

and on the plus side, i like the new mini map. can now tell between the sizes of towns without leaving it.

:D Ok, so, you have no idea what game programming is, but you know what can be done with programming? Sorry mate to say, but you should take your own advise and don't talk about things you don't know. I work in game programing for 5 years, and i know what can and can't be done. But still, i don't have the guts 2 tell people to shut up. You know why? Because everyone has the right to talk. If you don't like it, go home and punish the cat.
It was my fault i walked the wrong time? Do you really listen to yourself or read what you write? Because what you say it's plain .... neah, won't say it, against the rules i guess. As surprising as it might be for you, i, as all the other players, have the right to do whatever we want under the rules of the game. And there's no rule, not even a warning or a side note, that this update would mess your walking. So, it shouldn't. But it did. See? Simple logic, if you want to think about it.
God of game programming? That was funny, i won't comment it, it's way to ... funny ... to have a reason to talk about this.

DeletedUser

Totally sucks..
I stratigicly placed my town so it was near all the good jobs...
Now i am near non of them at all..
I have to travel about 20-30 minues just do the jobs i used to..

Oh and.. the post above... you sure told that guy :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

:D Ok, so, you have no idea what game programming is, but you know what can be done with programming? Sorry mate to say, but you should take your own advise and don't talk about things you don't know. I work in game programing for 5 years, and i know what can and can't be done. But still, i don't have the guts 2 tell people to shut up. You know why? Because everyone has the right to talk. If you don't like it, go home and punish the cat.
It was my fault i walked the wrong time? Do you really listen to yourself or read what you write? Because what you say it's plain .... neah, won't say it, against the rules i guess. As surprising as it might be for you, i, as all the other players, have the right to do whatever we want under the rules of the game. And there's no rule, not even a warning or a side note, that this update would mess your walking. So, it shouldn't. But it did. See? Simple logic, if you want to think about it.
God of game programming? That was funny, i won't comment it, it's way to ... funny ... to have a reason to talk about this.

i find it funny you mentioned you know what can be done with game programming, but yet dont go into eny further detail.
and while i do realize there is no clock on the game, you should be able to find a general idea of what time it is from times on reports and messages.

i'll admit, i dont know much about it, but i do know the game server is unavailable during an update, and walking during that time is obviously the wrong thing to do, since it messad you up. however, i was sleepig during the update, and it didn't affect that. im sure they had a point where they saved progress, and then shut down. but i dont know why you got messed up, maybe just bad luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4547

Adding new jobs was good, and moving old ones around was okay. But to change the labor points? I was busy with the gemstone quest and suddenly I am nine points from being able to work it again! And the chance of finding any remained the same.

DeletedUser

i think this was explained somewhere, but they had to move points aroung, 1, to slow us down because we are growing too fast for them, and 2, because of the new jobs, the points had to be changed to keep things even.

DeletedUser

i think this was explained somewhere, but they had to move points aroung, 1, to slow us down because we are growing too fast for them, and 2, because of the new jobs, the points had to be changed to keep things even.
slow us down? Well, then they can do another approach. Each week 25% of the people are blocked access for 1 week, randomly. Or, they can have more evil events, like "you're doing so good that you feel depressed and put a bullet in your head. You pass out....". Or a rule about your maximum experience gained, so that if u gain too much, you get punished (of course, with new premium to allow you to gain more experience and they money)