West Tools - Another Website with a lot of features

DeletedUser

Open your inventory, and press Ctrl A. Then right click on your mouse and choose view source. Then a box will come up with the source code, make sure it's highlighted and press Ctrl C. Take that and put inot the box at the site. Then click the send. I know this is just repetitive from what you are told at the site, but maybe it will help determine if you may have missed a step.

Oh and BTW I agree, Cowgirls..the way the West was won indeed! :)

thanks still did not work---i will keep trying--sandy

DeletedUser

Sorry to barge in, but the numbers don't seem to add up for me. The job calculations don't seem to work right. It says, with the proper attire, I should be able to do coal mining, but it doesn't work. I put on the suggested attire, but it is still FAR from accessible. Am I missing the obvious here?

DeletedUser

I've noticed that as well, when I click to show only jobs I can do, some don't show. This was after I had just updated my skills. Perhaps there is a glitche in the system, so maybe we should try and find a link there where we can report it. Good luck to both of you. If you get any new info, please post it here, it may help others as well.

DeletedUser

filling inventory

all of you who have problems filling inventory, try this solution:

enter manually the items you have, one on a row.
the separator isn't comma, or the List separator that's provided on your Regional settings (in Windows OSes), it is ENTER(CR, carriage return - ASCII 13) or LF(line feed - ASCII 10). or both: newline(CR/LF). rows can be empty, also. the order doesnt matter, neither upper/lower case.
i verified this on Gecko (FF, K-Meleon), IE, Opera.

example:

gray cap
broken clay jug
gray rags
gray ragged shoes

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I've noticed that as well, when I click to show only jobs I can do, some don't show. This was after I had just updated my skills. Perhaps there is a glitche in the system, so maybe we should try and find a link there where we can report it. Good luck to both of you. If you get any new info, please post it here, it may help others as well.

The problem might be, that you have items, that are not in our database!
Would you mind checking this?

DeletedUser

I don't have any items that are not listed on the site. It's just so far off still.

DeletedUser

I cleared all my clothing and such, reset the skills and tried it again from scratch. It was now only 3 off. Getting better, but still a bit off.

DeletedUser

I am still new to the game (only a level 9) and still learning. I am enjoying it very much and you guys are doing a great job.

DeletedUser

I was just curious is that all the jobs and items there will ever be or are those just the ones that people have found so far?

DeletedUser

Site is down.

I wonder if you guys could add job calculations for dueling and building too. That would be real nice.

DeletedUser

what about world 3?
it only gives me the option to choose world 1 and 2

DeletedUser

Update:
-a lot of new quests and items added
-world 3 is available now, too

Enjoy the new features and thank you for using our tools. ;)

Site is down.

I wonder if you guys could add job calculations for dueling and building too. That would be real nice.

I'll put that on the to-do-list ;)

DeletedUser

Because of getting more and more users, we are looking for a new team-member.

What are you going to do?
You are the connection between the the-west.net-players and our team-members.
Collect the ideas coming from the players and keep us informed about the important and interesting things.
Another thing you have to do is answering the support-requests coming from the users and helping them with problems with our toolpage.
And if there are new updates, it is your job to inform the users by writing announcements and information-posts in the forums.

What do we expect from you?
-ability to work in a team
-very good written english
-basics in the german language
-good knowledge of our tools

If you are interested in helping us now, send a pm with a short application to Joony.

DeletedUser

Sorry to barge in, but the numbers don't seem to add up for me. The job calculations don't seem to work right. It says, with the proper attire, I should be able to do coal mining, but it doesn't work. I put on the suggested attire, but it is still FAR from accessible. Am I missing the obvious here?

i believe the calculations do not take into account the bonus skill points, so if your skill points are copy and pasted with the bonus ones and u go to the calculations it will readd the bonus skill points

DeletedUser

userbar2.png

DeletedUser

Oddly enough I don't ever get that problem with the skills thing.

Um, another thing... which browser(s) are you using when copying info from, into your text reader? With IE(7) You just refresh the page, open skills, right click and select view source, I forget which line of code the skills text start on, but its fairly plain to find. Highlight, copy, and past into skills text field on the tool site.

Its the inventory one that doesn't work like that in any way shape or form with IE(7) So far the only way I can even enter my inventory is to manually type it in. And I'm getting enough that that is starting become a hassle to retype everything in everytime I get a new item. Oh, and your database doesn't recognize the gray indian necklace for world 2.

DeletedUser

instead of retyping entire inventory , why not use ur notepad feature and just add the new items to it and then copy and paste? works for me.

DeletedUser

First off Joony thanks for bringing this to us. Thanks to the team for making it in the first place.

I know you asked that changes be sent to you in game, but since I did the work I thought it would be better hopefully there was someone more versed in the English language to check my work also.

RED - Grammar changes
GREEN - Regional/period based changes recommended based on the setting and time period of 'The West'.
BLUE - Not quite sure what you were trying to convey or an explanatory note.

ALL PAGES
All graphics * from the online * game ...

HOMEPAGE

We are proud to present ya'll with another tool site for 'The West'. Due to the success of our German version we have decided to translate it into English. Please look around and enjoy all the interesting features!

(Log-on Benefits)
Skill Tool
The Skill Tool can help you calculate your
labor points for jobs.
You can easily enter your skill points and your equipment into the Skill Tool.
It is also possible <u>to let another clothing be known in the calculation later
The Skill Tool shows you directly, how many labor points you have towards all jobs.
It can show which clothing (for consistency) currently in your inventory is *(deletions) best to do each jobs.
It can hide all jobs you do not have enough skill points to complete.
It can show the best equipment availble in game to maximize labo(u)r points for each job
*With a single account you can administrate all different worlds you may play
Support
You will be able to report problems or bugs

JOBS

Stone mining - Granite blocks
Laying railroad tracks - Glass of water
Chasing bandits
Robbing settlers
Rafting wood
Building railroad station
Building windmills
Grave robber - Cost, Sales price

WEAPONS
Change Beating weapons to Melee weapons for game consistancy

SUPPORT (I'm a little unclear of what most of this page is trying to say, I'll give it a try)Only questions related to the tool will be answered
Your requests
Send support request
Warning: You can only have 5 open support requests at a time. Requests will be deleted 10 days after they have been answered.

CLOTHING, NECKBANDS, HATS, SHOES
Improvement vs Approvement
Level

I skipped quite a few of the pages, I will try and address those as my time allows.

DeletedUser3773

You guys are missing fancy cap

slouch_cap_fine.png

Fancy cap
Headgear
+6 Toughness
+4 Aim
+4 Tactics
+4 Reflex

Purchase price: 520 $
Sales price: 260 $Requires level 6