World 12 have no action?? - a nice discussion :)

• Thread starter DeletedUser10183
  • Start date

DeletedUser10183

Bad, world 12 have no action :|

Mean world 7 world 8 world 10 and world 11 are much time better
And 7 was best , 8 great , 10 normal .... 11-not so good :/ etc etc.

Maybe a lot of peoples stop playing the west ? What's happen ? More than a year and nothing "NEW"

*Still same 4 classes with same 4 bonuses than last 15+ months

*Still duelers are crap class - soldier advantage is 100 times better
*Still no quest line for a vigor soldier. He never can searve in the army...or just after lv70-80...
*Dueler's line quest is NOT for vigor too. You need 2 resists just to do it
*Worker quest is the easyest and can be done really fast only with strength + construction

*You can still "camp" mean duel and sleep non stop an enemie town and noone can catch you and attack you

*Okay cool , there is a lot of new quest type : Go tending sheep or give 15 lumber but why to do them for non unique rewards ??? It's boring
Why to do quest when I can waste the same time Ambush Stagecoach , Rob Trains , Hunt Bandits , Silver mining ?? Much better rewards,right ?

*Still no just a shop invite - players must change 20 towns and go to 30+ hours delay between town swap - this is really borring when you can just get a normal shop pass

And much more , but this is critical... Nothing new , nothing UNIQUE , Fort battles with a LOT LOT LOT luck like: worker level 40 with mass strength + construction and gun 1-360 hit with 351 damage soldier level 66 with 150 leadership 30 hiding 30 stamina 40 dodge

I see a funny situation like this more than 10 times. Sure its no need to talk about shoot missing too.
Player level 70 can not hit player level 20 several times...

etc. etc.

What do you think ? I play the west more than 15 months and I feel really dissapointed and STUCK.Yes there was a big addons like forts and ... ok just forts. But it's seems like everyone work greepolis and noone care about the west.

We can make a nice discussion with the "old players" ... if there is old players...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Aren't there enough of these threads in the saloon for you?

DeletedUser

I started in the first few days the game went public and haven't missed a day since, there's always something to do.

For example, here's what keeps me busy:

World 1 - I'm trying to finish every quest and I'm not too far off from doing that. It's slowing down due to the massive re-allocating of points between level 67 quests and level 75 quests, but it's moving along.

World 2 - Been trying to nail just the right build for a fort fighter, constantly tweaking it.

Worlds 3+4 - Ranged and Melee duelers, respectively. Grew bored with them both, don't play them anymore.

World 5 - A bit of a wanderer, no town to really call home. Collecting everything I can get my hands on.

World 6 - Trying to make a character that's able to do every job without changing clothes. This character's moving along pretty well.

World 8 - Pure Hider, after I got a decent amount of labor points in Chasing Bandits, I started putting everything into leadership to unlock a few more jobs, but mainly to help in fort fighting. The guy is a beast when defending a fort :)

World 9 - Pure builder that's been in that worlds top 5 of construction points for months. I'm in the process of building my 3rd town completely by myself (funding/constructing). I've tried many, many different methods that everyone swears by to get the fancy/precise/sharp items in the shops, and I think I'm getting closer to unlocking that particular mystery, but I could be completely wrong too!

World 12 - I'm in the same town as you, lol! Pure builder/punching bag. I plan to make the guy some variation of fort fighter once the building is done, but that's a long way off.

Just like everything else in life, you get out of it what you put in. I left out dueling because I grew bored with it. There's too much of a time demand involved in being a top-notch dueler and that's the reason I stopped playing Tribal Wars.

I don't think Innogames is neglecting this game in order to put out Grepolis (SP?), it makes sense that there would be a different team of folks working on the two different games.

I will say though, I would like to see the rules changed up from world to world, as in Tribal Wars. For example: In world X, resistance duelers are nerfed to the point that it is stupid to make that build. There would be a whole different breed of dueler out there. On the next world, you would only be able to declare X amount of official alliances, and only your formal allies would be able to help you out in the event that your town has a fort to attack or defend. The possibilities go on and on but I'm sure you get the idea.

There's my two cents:p

DeletedUser20647

Why to do quest when I can waste the same time Ambush Stagecoach , Rob Trains , Hunt Bandits , Silver mining ?? Much better rewards,right ?
I think hunting bandits should be included in the Indian's Set :laugh: Sorry, but this sounds so funny.

DeletedUser8627

Not having fun, join the right town. :p

I am having too much fun in this world at the moment :D

You may want to give it time for the world to actually kick off. It has only started a few days ago really ;)

DeletedUser14029

In World 1: Fort battles everyday that has over 150 signed-up at a SMALL fort battle, and close to 300 at a large fort. which means that about 40 are getting left behind coz the best are chosen :D

re-specing about 50 AP and 200SP to become a resistance-dueler, and been getting alot of 'try-outs' with various duelers. NOT my intention, of course, but well, this is The West :p

after all the months finally decided to open a 2nd char in World 12... and I have not stopped playing The West since the few days the game started. Save for a month or two when I deleted my char to restart and replan everything.

The West IS fun :p though I am hoping for gatling-gun and cannon placements in fort battles, won't THAT be nice!

DeletedUser

This is my 1st server.
Registered, lurked all over the forum, read many suggestions theb picked a hider, got the adventurer, and so far it's fun.

But some things are gettin' on my nerves already.

1. Most players are in the east map zone, and that means most duelers/soldiers. I'm not there now, but in the center of the map where I am, duel challengers come once in 2-3 days. When I was in an eastern town, I got dueled 6 times in 24 hours. So, if you're playing towards dueling, your best area is - east. If not, then you should go elsewhere. This is something very unbalanced and devs should look into it as soon as possible.

2. What's with easter quests? I've said in another thread, the bimboquest is great, but other three are a bad joke.

3. Why are some levels needed for 2-3 maybe even 4 quests, and on some levels there are no quests at all? Quests should be distributed better.

4. I hate most of online RPGs because of grinding. This game has also grinding and sometimes too much of it. Repeating a job endlessly is - grinding. Wouldn't it be better if those grinding quests actually were do 2 hours in this job, then 2 in that job and 2 more in some third job?

5. Why are some items near impossible to find? Ok, let it stay like that, but then add the option of selling items to other players.

6. Why the secrecy over some things/quests? For example, a church. It is used for what? Not to mention quests you're forbidden to tell anyone about. The whole idea of "secrets" is a stupidiest game development strategy I've ever seen. There is no other RPG/MMORPG like this one. Why there shouldn't be an intensive walkthrough or strategy guide all other games have?

DeletedUser

Add in that all game problems will be fixed for players that "pay to play", then the game will be perfect.

Neil

DeletedUser

6. Why the secrecy over some things/quests? For example, a church. It is used for what? Not to mention quests you're forbidden to tell anyone about. The whole idea of "secrets" is a stupidiest game development strategy I've ever seen. There is no other RPG/MMORPG like this one. Why there shouldn't be an intensive walkthrough or strategy guide all other games have?

Joxer, having secret quests, weapons, and features adds mystery and curiosity to this game in my opinion.

Also, if you worked hard to find a secret weapon using your own intelect and work you would feel much more acomplished than just going to some guide and reading on how to do it, right?

DeletedUser13020

Yea, how much ass would a kickass item kick if everyone had one because there are no secrets?

DeletedUser

To "keep" something from everyone could have been made in a way that your class simply can't use some items at all. Just like in every other RPG out there.
You're wrong class for an item so you sell it. Plain and simple. You did the quest for it and got nothing useable - you knew that you won't get anything useable because you've read on the forum about that quest reward so that's your problem.
Besides... I believe there are items only female players can use, and also male only items, right? So why not class restricted quest rewards?

And also, why would a quest be the same for everyone? Why for a quest you don't receive a different set of jobs to do? For example, someone gets a job to bring 5 wool, but another player gets a job to duel a NPC. If you wanted a mystery of not knowing what to do in a certain quest, there it is. And noone can make a "walkthrough" because noone can know what job you'll have to do in a quest.

And I still won't agree that forced secrecy adds anything positive to a game. Mysteries are good when a new quest is added into the game and noone knows what will happen in that quest for a day or two or even weeks. That's what moves the community. But to be silent about something for months? Years? Puh-lease.

And Hernando's Sword is hardly a secret. I'm playing this game for couple of weeks and I already know when and how to geddit. To be honest - I probably won't go for it at all, I don't plan to play a melee character. Too bad that I know for it, right? Of course it's not too bad. I won't waste time for an item I don't need at all. Sure, it has a highest ingame damage, but I want guns. ;)

DeletedUser

Bad, world 12 have no action :|

Mean world 7 world 8 world 10 and world 11 are much time better
And 7 was best , 8 great , 10 normal .... 11-not so good :/ etc etc.

Maybe a lot of peoples stop playing the west ? What's happen ? More than a year and nothing "NEW"

*Still same 4 classes with same 4 bonuses than last 15+ months

*Still duelers are crap class - soldier advantage is 100 times better
*Still no quest line for a vigor soldier. He never can searve in the army...or just after lv70-80...
*Dueler's line quest is NOT for vigor too. You need 2 resists just to do it
*Worker quest is the easyest and can be done really fast only with strength + construction

*You can still "camp" mean duel and sleep non stop an enemie town and noone can catch you and attack you

*Okay cool , there is a lot of new quest type : Go tending sheep or give 15 lumber but why to do them for non unique rewards ??? It's boring

*Still no just a shop invite - players must change 20 towns and go to 30+ hours delay between town swap - this is really borring when you can just get a normal shop pass

And much more , but this is critical... Nothing new , nothing UNIQUE , Fort battles with a LOT LOT LOT luck like: worker level 40 with mass strength + construction and gun 1-360 hit with 351 damage soldier level 66 with 150 leadership 30 hiding 30 stamina 40 dodge

I see a funny situation like this more than 10 times. Sure its no need to talk about shoot missing too.
Player level 70 can not hit player level 20 several times...

etc. etc.

What do you think ? I play the west more than 15 months and I feel really dissapointed and STUCK.Yes there was a big addons like forts and ... ok just forts. But it's seems like everyone work greepolis and noone care about the west.

We can make a nice discussion with the "old players" ... if there is old players...

We had lots of action between us from the previous days :)

DeletedUser

We had lots of action between us from the previous days :)
Did you really have to quote the ENTIRE post?

About the secret weapons - I agree, but I don't :unsure:

I don't agree that there should be a step-by-step walkthrough... where's the fun in that? But I do think that there should be more hints toward the steps needed to acquire the higher end weapons. I mean honestly, the game has been public for what, 18 months? Where is Boon's Axe, Grant's Sabre, Ike's Arny Revolver, Wyatt Earp's Buntline?

Not one of these have been found in 18 months, maybe they should be made just a tad easier to find?

DeletedUser

Where is Boon's Axe, Grant's Sabre, Ike's Arny Revolver, Wyatt Earp's Buntline?

Not one of these have been found in 18 months, maybe they should be made just a tad easier to find?
You're relying on weststats too much. ;)

DeletedUser15169

there will be LOTTTTS of action on w12. Its a bit boring atm, but It will build in a few weeks or so :D im sure of it...dont be so pessimistic about w12 :(

DeletedUser

Some of his points are very valid - like the Questlines for Vigor Soldiers and Duellers. That has always bugged me. But, yeah, said before and should just be tacked onto another thread.