An Observation of -FoM- dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I can remember when -FoM- and -LN- Had the hugest war it was great

DeletedUser

So what is this FOM that everyone is talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

FoM is the abbreviation of Federation of Marshals. They are an alliance that roams across most of the map. -LN-, another alliance, has had major wars with them over the past few months, and I'm sure that a FoM guru could explain FoM better than I can.

DeletedUser

FoM is the abbreviation of Federation of Marshals. They are an alliance that roams across most of the map. -LN-, another alliance, has had major wars with them over the past few months, and I'm sure that a FoM guru could explain FoM better than I can.

Pretty much sums it up. ;):)

DeletedUser

I would just like to point out that there is a difference between true glory and the glory that exists in the minds of those who glorify themselves...

Does FoM really think that the whole (or even any nonFoM) of world 8 has thought of them as being glorious? Does LN think FoM is glorious? Who besides FoM thinks of FoM as glorious? I rather thought the usual opinion of FoM was rather a bit ..... less ;)

DeletedUser

I would just like to point out that there is a difference between true glory and the glory that exists in the minds of those who glorify themselves...

Does FoM really think that the whole (or even any nonFoM) of world 8 has thought of them as being glorious? Does LN think FoM is glorious? Who besides FoM thinks of FoM as glorious? I rather thought the usual opinion of FoM was rather a bit ..... less ;)
The same could be said of -LN-. Could it not?;):cool:

Now back on topic. Does anyone else feel -FoM- is dying?:huh:

And while we're at it. Do any feel -LN- is dying also?:huh:

DeletedUser

Both the FoM and LN seem to have lost alot of their members, due to people quitting or becoming inactive. So in a way I guess you could say both are dieing at least somewhat.

Personally I kind of miss the major war between LN and FoM. I got ALOT of exp points out of it. But it also became somewhat tiresome.

DeletedUser

I think to be fair it's actually the west losing customers , rather than the alliances losing members.

For many they join the big alliances for wars and fort battles because the mainstream game has lost it's sparkle. Much longer between leveling and the little niggle in the back of the mind that every level is onecloser to the dreaded 99.

Being involved in wars and seiges can add a different aspect to the game and to a certain degree rekindle interest , but ultimately that interest will wain also when it too becomes mundane.

DeletedUser

I think a big problem in the game is the town leadership system. A town with red hats is doomed unless there are players in it that are willing to wait for a long time for the hats to delete... and now with vacations it is even worse. If you leave to go shopping you can't return... If people want to join the town, they can't... People see the red hats and the morale drops and they go inactive too...

DeletedUser

I think the problem is that once your town is built The West just isn't a very interesting game. It was really the forum drama that kept Bat Country interested. Once that died down people started going inactive.

DeletedUser

yeah the best way to keep the game interesting is wars, and really fun threads in the town forums. At FoM Sidewinders we keep each other in stitches. We keep trying to start wars but haven't been able to really light a fire under anyone lately. I moved over here from Salem TBBG after I got bored. Fort battles are fun too but I think the game needs to find a way to keep changing the towns or something so people don't lose interest so easily.

Loony Laura

DeletedUser

Yes - Regg. Bat Country was awesome in the forum. And you know what? This smiley is for you! :D

DeletedUser

Just for clarification:

Cats Paw is not a part of -FoM- any longer. We broke away over 2 months ago to breath new life into our town.;):cool:

DeletedUser

Just for clarification:

Cats Paw is not a part of -FoM- any longer. We broke away over 2 months ago to breath new life into our town.;):cool:

Yet you always show up when FOM forts are attacked or are attacking?

Because you removed your FOM tag doesnt mean youre not parting with them :p

DeletedUser

Maybe to some degree. We do after all have friends who still reside in the -FoM- alliance. But if you will notice we do not attend all fort battles concerning -FoM- like we did in the past. The new changes in game dynamics have made it so we have to chose which battles we can attend. Most times our town folks are turned away from the battles these days.

This may also be a reason I have noticed a lot of -FoM- inactivity. People are tired of being turned away. Thus they do not try to participate like they used to.:unsure:

DeletedUser

We show up at a lot of fort battles ... just like everyone else does. When our friends ask for help we help if we can. We don't care what tag they are wearing. :)

DeletedUser

No. 1: We aren't supposed to talk about bans so he was just saying it in a way that he wasn't breaking any forums rules.

No. 2: You were -LN- and you are as much -LN- still as we are -FoM-.

Not FoM? Can't help but wonder what you meant here.... :blink:

DeletedUser

We are no longer FoM but we still have friends who are.

It's really not a hard thing to figure out.

DeletedUser

You FoM guys are all sexy and stuff, Why let yourself die and all of that

Status
Not open for further replies.