Bounties proposal

DeletedUser

I'm pretty new to the game, but my understanding of the situation is that most of the opposition to the bounty/jail thing is based on examples that would happen very rarely (if at all). I think it would be a cool idea to try, and if it doesn't work get rid of it. Maybe some worlds could have it and others wouldn't kinda like the Paladin option in TW. I personally like the idea, it would add an amazing dynamic to the game, and be more realistic in gaming experience.

If we are putting this to a vote, then my vote is yes.

DeletedUser

I'm pretty new to the game, but my understanding of the situation is that most of the opposition to the bounty/jail thing is based on examples that would happen very rarely (if at all). I think it would be a cool idea to try, and if it doesn't work get rid of it. Maybe some worlds could have it and others wouldn't kinda like the Paladin option in TW. I personally like the idea, it would add an amazing dynamic to the game, and be more realistic in gaming experience.

If we are putting this to a vote, then my vote is yes.

You got it!

We really need to start trying some radical ways to spice the game up. I'm very much coming at this from a perspective of finding the game itself so dull that i can hardly be bothered to play it any more and yet it has tremendous potential.

Puli your point is a good one, but as a former premium player I would actually be more inclined to renew my premium if this game was exiting. Also i think you are assuming that being deprived of the ability to click on five jobs a day would actually make the game more boring. Don't forget you still have access to this forum and to your town forum where jailbreaks can be organised, sounds a lot more fun than seeing a few extra $, xp and items every day. There were also some suggestions about working to buy your freedom if you really need that fix of chopping trees:)

DeletedUser

The reason I suggested the "pay bail" option , was just so people would still be able to "play" in some form .
What is the current consensus on this ? What would the proposal look like ?

DeletedUser

The idea of new ways to spice things up: i like it.
The idea to keep players from playing: i don't like it.
The fact is that some pay for the game, and that is for them to play. If they are in prison, they don't earn, they don't evolve, they don't do anything. So, why paying money for nothing?
The idea to have bounties is a good one, as long as there is no prison. Pay the money, have the player out from dueling for 48 hours and all is ok. But to retain people from actually playing, that's not fair.
And the assumptions that players will not do it too often.... well, there are 2 choices: they will do it (often or not) and so others will be punished for what? playing the game correctly? or, they will not do it, and then the idea will be useless since no one will apply it.
I am sure this will be done by players who will want to punish other players.
And that will mean unfairness in the game.

So, i will say: yes, bounties are great idea. No, jail is bad

DeletedUser

Instead of the Town Treasury, How about the Town Sheriffs office. We have to put that building to good use, Don't we?

DeletedUser

Yes, the actual amount is not important. let the Dev's work out how much they think would be appropriate. As long as we get the mechanics of it right, they can do the rest.
While I agree that we should let the devs figure out the minimum to put a bounty on someone's head, I think that each bounty is like the town treasury, were multiple players can deposit on the person's bounty allowing it to grow till the town is happy w/ the bounty. That way you can make your bounty more appealing to other duelers whom are essentially working as bounty hunters.

i.e. Town 1 is pissed at Dueler A for attacking 3 members, bounty $200.
Town 2 is pissed at Dueler B for constantly harassing them, bounty $500

DeletedUser5046

i just wanna ask...

>>> can sumone from any town uhm..post who s/he wanted to have a bounty in the head?

>>> is tis bounty thing works only for bandits?

>>> how many times will the outlaw be imprisoned?

DeletedUser

To prevent one aspect of abuse I think a standard rule should be that you cannot collect the bounty on a player if you have been a member of either a) the town placing the bounty or b) the player with the bounty on his heads town in the last 14 days.

Anyone apart from the situation above

DeletedUser

probation neeeds to be longer- a week maybe; on concession that you don't visit any of the towns who put bounties on your head.

I love this idea but whree is the uber-useful monkey when u need him hmmmmmm??
Sdjx22?

DeletedUser

are the devs like gem paying attention to this because it makes sense?
A poll maybe after a few more pages to see what players think?

DeletedUser

probation neeeds to be longer- a week maybe; on concession that you don't visit any of the towns who put bounties on your head.
Dont think there should be a probationary period at all. Otherwise it may end up that you have to travel over 2+hrs just to find a town worth dueling around you. No need to over punish someone.

DeletedUser

No, no, no!

You have been playing too many mafia games!

They do that kind of thing on MAFIA sites!

No, It will never work

:p

DeletedUser

yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!
you have been playing too muchh mafia games, you think everythings connected. Besides, this is an aspect of the old west, it doesn't break the concept, and it makes sense..

I think it's fair that a player doesn't go straight back to duelling the town once he's out of jail, it would be good if he had to spend 2+ hours once he escaped or finished his term gettting away from the law. Makes it more realistic.

Besides, the whole point of this is that it offers people who feel hard done by especially in smaller towns a chance to severely punish the dueler-It's not meant to be good for him, he can't mke any money and may sell quite a ffew things to get out early, and as such It's good that he can't duel them for a week

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5046

very well then..i think now i have to agree on tis matter...

one more thing...

• can every player see the most wanted players? lets say top ten per world...

DeletedUser

yeah, f course, then people would go after them. like, you could post big ones on the forum in the world section "wanted-Koed if you please-Angelaleau"
but in the rankings there could be a bounties list which duelers could visit, all bounties for that world on there, equally towns could put the message up on thir profile so a dueler walks into a smallish town and goes-"ha-ha! if I kill buckeye bill I get $600 bucks yee-ha!"

DeletedUser

please vote for this thred 5 stars if you want it to get noticed by gem and the other modrators:D:indian::bandit:;)

DeletedUser5046

not bad..but i think it is better listed on town bulletin han ranking

*cuz im a bit lazy looking at the ranking :p*