Bounties proposal

DeletedUser

i think that players in the town who are placing the bounties can either select to be "town jailguard" or not (using the management tool, like the same as being a town founder or counciller.

Then only "jailguards" would need to be either asleep or knocked out for the bounty to be claimed for the jailbreak. This would meen builders and adventurers wouldn't be knocked out every 5 minutes.

DeletedUser

not bad..but i think it is better listed on town bulletin han ranking

*cuz im a bit lazy looking at the ranking :p*
Perhaps both would be best then. There are a lot of duelers willing to travel for money. Got attacked once by someone who was on the other side of the map. They didnt get any money from me, but it didnt stop them from trying.

DeletedUser

What we need now is a mod to say that they need this in final form then i'll read it all again and do a summary for voting.

DeletedUser5046

i dunno bout stars...all i know is tat if the thread is worth fightin/votin/discissin . . . it doesnt need a star anymore

DeletedUser

BOUNTY FUND:
Quoting myself from 'Bank Transactions' thread...

Gotta pestering Duelist sleeping in your hotels, never leaving and whooping everyone? Well, the Mayor or Banker could set a bounty dependent upon the amount of the total slush available...

How would this work?
Mayor gets annoyed at being targetted all the time and having his workers ko'd. He sets the bounty. A soldier (or duelist) from another town can then collect the bounty by subueing the ruffian.

Town banner would read "$x,xxx bounty for defeating Gus-Gus Arquebus" the Hunter would then go to your town's bank, click on 'collect bounty' then go to the ruffian's town and duel him... If the hunter fails to ko the ruffian in 24 hrs, nothing occurs. If the Hunter ko's the ruffian, the bounty is automattically transfered to the hunters bank roll (no need to travel back to 'collect')

To explain a bit...
the "Bounty" would be like a 3rd option in the Bank. It's program function would act similar to the Treasury... Whereas all donations made to the treasury incur a 1% addage to the Bounty fund. Players would also have the option to donate cash directly to this bank's 3rd option (Bounty Fund).

Bounties would then be allowed to be set by the town's Founder / Mayor (not the chancellors)

DeletedUser

You imply this bounties are due to a honorable reason, "Mayor gets annoyed at being targetted all the time and having his workers ko'd. He sets the bounty". This way, the knights on white horses "A soldier (or duelist) from another town can then collect the bounty by subueing the ruffian".
A very good and beautiful story. A fairytale. But, why don't you think on the story told like this:

"Mayor of a town decided another town shouldn't evolve. So he decides to bounty hunt major players from there. Builder and money makers. So, since his town is evolved, the money in treasury don't count that much. So his members only contribute to bounties. And he puts the bounties and inprisons the guys from the target town and that town is parralized"

Well, why does your proposal has to be regarded in the beautiful way, with the halo on the top? It is a thing that will work in both ways, giving more advantage to towns with more money for bounties, and those aren't small towns, pissed by duelers, as those have fewer members, less money and even less money for bounties as they invest in town. Those towns with tons of cash will be those (almost) fully build, with maximum members, and less money needed for town development.
So this will be another way 2 help growing the gap between towns, between members.

just an idea: the bounty should be available as dueling is, for only some players. So, if a town gets attacked, the last attackers are available to put bounties on. Not everyone in the world. Just the last attackers, from let's say the last 48 hours. Pretty much a bounties linked to a reason, not a free bounty.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I see you point, fbiman, but that's tit for tat. I was not illustrating any conditional bias of how the bounty is set. The Mayor can put anyone up on his wanted list without rhyme or reason.

I'm trying to expand on the idea of HOW the bounty would be set -- as a third option in the bank.

Many of you assume that the BOUNTY will land the wanted in jail. Problem: We don't have a JAILHOUSE yet (nor is the sheriff role fully flushed yet).

If the idea Ulthor and I set forth were implemented there would be no need for a jailhouse... So many good ideas dovetail and into and stem from other good ideas (most seem to revolve around the JAILHOUSE idea)...

But let's keep this simple: THERE IS NO JAIL! (atm)
A bounty fund is a smaller account directly effected from the towns' treasury. Every deposit made into the treasury adds 1% of the transaction into the Bounty fund. Players can then have a choice of depositing money into either the treasury or directly in to the Bounty Fund. The Bounty Fund cannot be 'withdrawn'. It's function is purely for the Mayor (or subsequent Sheriff duties) to set Bounties on any other player they deem unworthy.

Bounties can be announced on a towns' flag.
To collect a Bounty a Duelist (or any other player) simply need to visit the town setting the bounty, visit the Bank (Jailhouse would be better, if we had one) click on 'collect bounty' then visit the town of the wanted and ko them within a 24 hr window of accepting the 'collect bounty'... As soon as the wanted is ko'd the bounty fee is auto-transfered into the Hunters' personal bank roll: THERE IS NO NEED TO PROVIDE 'PROOF' to the mayor of the set bounty as you already agreed to do the job.

If you accept to the task to 'collect the bounty' and you fail to ko the wanted in 24 hrs, then nothing happens, It's as if you were just dueling.

If more than one player accepts the task to 'collect the bounty' then only the player who has made the final knock-out strike gets the reward.

this excludes any need for a 'jail' and just assumes all bounties are wanted ko'd, not IMPRISONED....

The Jailhouse idea, and its functional role are reserved for another discussion thread

DeletedUser

the whole point is that they get stuck for At least a day incarcerated and unable to earn money.

DeletedUser

the whole point is that they get stuck for At least a day incarcerated and unable to earn money.

Isn't that what being ko'd does?

And yes, I agree... If The West had Jails then I would totally agree, but it doesn't.

DeletedUser

all players can duel, just some are better then others

yes, but you can;t put a duel on any player, just some players with levels close 2 u. So the bounty should be, only available for certain players, those who did something to the town. In real life that's why bounties are for. For breaking the law of a certain town.
This way, there will be a reason for the bounty (bounty target attacked members of the town) and a prescription time for the law breakers (bounties are available only for the attackers in the last 48 hours for example)
Furthermore, the bounties shouldn't be forever, if no one collects the money by passing out the target, then the bounty is lifter after a week.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

well since different towns have differing charters and laws, I inherently disagree. What may be considered acceptable behavior in one town is condemned in another. Like on w2 we fully encourage our Duelers to ko as many workers from surrounding towns as possible. Where as the town i belong to in w5 considers the attack of other towns' worker abomidable and is grounds for expulsion from the town....

So let's keep is simple, fbi. A Mayor (or Sherrif) may place a bounty on ANY other Player for ANY reason they seem fit. Bounties are indeffinate until the Mayor (or Sheriff) lifts the bounty, at which time those funds go back to the Bank's bounty account.

And Yes, Towns should be able to set multi-bounties dependant upon the lvl of the Jailhouse as long as they have the funds for it.

DeletedUser

I think if I do a simplified version of this as suggested by some posters with more complex things as options then that might be the way forward.

Basically i was thinking about dispensing with the need for jails and just having bounties for killing.

DeletedUser

I think most ppl would agree w/ that as well.

Whether the person is in jail or knocked out, they cant duel for two days, which accomplishes the point of the bounty.

DeletedUser

I think if I do a simplified version of this as suggested by some posters with more complex things as options then that might be the way forward.

Basically i was thinking about dispensing with the need for jails and just having bounties for killing.

Well, the Jail house idea was mentioned for several other ideas as well. but you Loki are both correct...

You original idea Ulthor does not require a jail...

However i must restate that in a game called The West to not have a jail, fails to encapsulate a key feature.;)

DeletedUser

The "Jail" could be the Town Sheriff, adding another job to do along with this so called jail you are conversing about.