Bounties proposal

DeletedUser

This implies that the developers visit our forum.

To date, we have had a total of 1 post from the developers.

Ah.........then maybe moerators will spot it?
Are the developers all german?
How do we get goodstuff like this passed to the developement discussion section?:eek:

DeletedUser

irl when a bounty is posted it doesn't "go away" until either the bounty is collected or some authority figure lifts it...

true and false. Crimes do prescribe, that is they are voided of any punishments if some time has passed from when they were committed.
Bounties are means of punishing for crimes. So they should be voided if the crimes are no longer punished.

In real life, we can put bounties on anyone we like? If we don't like the neighbor, we put 1000$ on his head and advertise this? Don't think so.

DeletedUser

you could consider it to be hiring a 'hit man'. either way i think it shouldn't be retractable but am open to changing my mind if ten people disagree.

DeletedUser

In real life, we can put bounties on anyone we like? If we don't like the neighbor, we put 1000$ on his head and advertise this? Don't think so.

no, usually we put bounties on people we dislike...:p

Look, the idea is not about having anyone put up any bounty on anyone they choose... Only Mayors and Sheriffs will able to. As for a time limit, 3 months (90 days) seems reasonable, especially since most account are deleted after 45 days of non activity.

The other thing: what constitues as a 'crime' in a game like The~West?
In order to implement any mechanics to make one qualify for a bounty would require the coding of some kind of (non-visible) Reputation Meter... (see this thread for description) And i think that is just adding an unnecassary level of complication to such a simple idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

if people can be sent to jail, is it possible for their friends (private or from the same town) to spring them without paying? i mean like a jailbreak?

DeletedUser

just a suggestion about the problem put out by zazz sasst, maybe the bounty can only be placed when a reason is also added along so tthat people understand why he's/she's on the hitlist. (<insert name here> has been palced on the bounty for hitting <insert victim here> too many times!)
Honarable bounty,unhonarable bounty? (thinking out loud here)

DeletedUser

Well, if there is no reason for placing a bounty, I'm sure people can make one up.

DeletedUser

You just can't get into 'motivations' it's a minefield. All this trying to decide who is 'good' and 'evil' is out of place on what is a competitive sport. It's just a big semi-cooperative game of chess, the idea that some people are good guys is just misplaced.
So what if someone does have a vendetta against someone? Surely we need a bit of personality in the game play? There are always counter-strategies.

So who do we think is going to be top of the bounties rankings:)?

I just can't decide whether bounties should be able to be placed secretly or not?
There are several possibilities options as i see it
1. all bounties are placed secretly.
2. the player having a bounty placed on them is notified by post [automatically]
3. all bounties placed are viewable by all in the rankings.
4. Perhaps bounties beneath $1000 are exempt from this rule to allow small towns to not feel intimidated?

thoughts?

DeletedUser

aye u got a point, placing bounties based on vedettas just kill this game.
wat i meant by reasons is so that people can understand y some1 is on the hitlist,not because it's for fun (maybe cause the person's picking on everyone or even if the person keeps hitting one person for no gd reason) so as to justify the placement.

of course only reason u place bounty is that the other one whacked you, so the bountied-person would probably welcome the fights coming his/her way lol

DeletedUser

I wouldn't mind a little space for people to put their reasons but it would probably involve too much coding.....almost everything involves too much coding! i guess they could put their reasons up on this forum if they were so inclined.

DeletedUser1105

You don't need reasons.

I thi9nk a list of bounties should be visable to everyone, inlcuding who placed the bounty.

If you are going to put money on someone's head (effectively asking anyone and everyone to try and knock them out), then you should show your name clearly and accept the consequences.

DeletedUser

You don't need reasons.

I thi9nk a list of bounties should be visable to everyone, inlcuding who placed the bounty.

If you are going to put money on someone's head (effectively asking anyone and everyone to try and knock them out), then you should show your name clearly and accept the consequences.

I can do nothing but agree.

DeletedUser

How about to introduce automatic bounty, which will be computed from taken HPs during aggressive fights? That means when you initiate a duel and win, price on your head will rise, when you lose non-aggresive duel (you were attacked), price will go down. When you lose aggressive duel, bounty will stil raise, but only very slightly. Increase should be computed from money stolen, HPs taken - HPs lost, double rise/double drop when you KO someone respectively someone KO you.

More head hunting duelers chasing "bad guys" which stolen too much gold coins or killed too many people :).

DeletedUser

I don't think my bounty should decrease just because some bugger failed at taking me down, if anything, I ought to become even MORE wanted! :p

DeletedUser

How about to introduce automatic bounty, which will be computed from taken HPs during aggressive fights? That means when you initiate a duel and win, price on your head will rise, when you lose non-aggresive duel (you were attacked), price will go down. When you lose aggressive duel, bounty will stil raise, but only very slightly. Increase should be computed from money stolen, HPs taken - HPs lost, double rise/double drop when you KO someone respectively someone KO you.

More head hunting duelers chasing "bad guys" which stolen too much gold coins or killed too many people :).

No no and thrice no.