Bounties proposal

DeletedUser

Ok lets decouple the two ideas. Sure the jail may well be used to imprison koed players who had a bounty on their head but lets take it out of the reckoning on this proposal to simplify the thing. let me know how this sounds to you;

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Bounties proposal

1.The founder of a town has the choice to pay from the town treasury any amount of money to place a bounty on any player they wish.
2. The total of these bounties then appear in the rankings.
3. The player who kills the player with the bounty on their head receives one half of that money as a reward.
4. None of the three parties [town founder, wanted man or assassin may have been members of the same town within the previous 30 days.

DeletedUser

I have a ? about this. Do people get to see who put the bounty on them? I think there would be both pros and cons either way.

Showing who placed bounty

Pros

People will know who to bring war too if they get Koed
They will be notified when they have a bounty placed on their head

Cons

It wouldnt be useed as much if people were afraid of retaliation.

DeletedUser

one goes to the bountying town to collect the bounty I think should be 3.5 in ulthors summary.
So yes, one would have an idea of the town that hunted you down.

Other than that, yes, I like the idea :D its great

DeletedUser

I realy like the Idea is it is now Ulthor...

an Idea

Maybe should there be an list of people with bounty's on there head in the comming sherif office?

2 questions..

what happends to the other 1/2 of the bounty?? it just dissapears? or does it goes to the town of the bounty hunter?

how long does the bounty stay on your head?

DeletedUser

Bounties proposal

1.The founder of a town has the choice to pay from the town treasury any amount of money to place a bounty on any player they wish.
^I agree. Good idea and would keep players putting cash into a the treasury even after the town has been maxed.

2. The total of these bounties then appear in the rankings.
^I agree with this too.. Show the Noteriety of the wanted.

3. The player who kills the player with the bounty on their head receives one half of that money as a reward.
Why would the hunter only recieve half of the posted bounty? That seems a bit stiff...

4. None of the three parties [town founder, wanted man or assassin may have been members of the same town within the previous 30 days.
I agree with this; it would prevent abuse...

too answer Eagle John: I think that the bounty would last until either it is collected or the Mayor / Sheriff lifts it...

irl when a bounty is posted it doesn't "go away" until either the bounty is collected or some authority figure lifts it... BTW: anyone know what the current bounty is for Osama Bin Laden?

DeletedUser

$50.000.000,00

it was 25.000.000,00 but the senate has doubeld it somewhere in 2007 there where 87 vote's for and 1 against it...

the reason why he voted against it was that they had already spend milions of dollars to get sadam's sons....

back to topic:

jeah I think it's good to be lifted by the sherif or townfounder...

DeletedUser

That was a rhetoric question. :nowink:I don't mean to drive this discussion off topic. But thanx for the prompt answer, eagle...

And I think you're missing some digits or comma's 'cus it like like Fifty dollars, Or Fifty Thousand dollars, not the Fifty Million dollars I think you meant to say...

DeletedUser

always here for answers you dont need;)

it's 50 point 000 point 000 comma 00

I'll give 20 euro's of the player that get's the first 50 million on his head in this game;)

DeletedUser

Back on topic: :)

Ok lets decouple the two ideas. Sure the jail may well be used to imprison koed players who had a bounty on their head but lets take it out of the reckoning on this proposal to simplify the thing. let me know how this sounds to you;

Yes, I can see this Bouty Idea being implemented without the use of the jail and I'd like to see it be moved to vote...

If we can play-test Bounties ingame before any new buildings are implemented then that would be a good way to speculatively measure how well a Jail may be taken to...

DeletedUser

I was thinking that the bounties would be anonymous but this is open to debate.
The other half of the money is just taken out of the game.
I wasn't going to have the assassin needing to go to pick up the bounty....it would be complicated especially if there were multiple contributors to the fund.
I was going to have the bounty stay there forever and not be retractable by the town founder....it's basically something you buy.

DeletedUser

I agree with you on everything except maybe the anonymous part i still havent made up my mind on that. But the person who the bounty is on should be notified

DeletedUser

I'm not sure about anonymity. The original idea was to address the concerns of smaller towns being 'bullied' by duellers. But this allow people to 'bully' others without them even knowing who it is.....could mess with your head a bit.

DeletedUser

I wake up one morning to find 15 reports:
"Ulthor from the town Uranus has sent a bounty on your head for $13"
"Hotrat66 from the town BeltMe has sent a bounty on your head for $260"
"SDJxx from the town MonkyButt has sent a bounty on your head for $777"
"Kattydid from the town GoldRush has sent a bounty on your head for $44"
"Harsha.. from the town SevenDevils has sent a bounty on your head for $1320"
"Akthrin from the town Flatland has sent a bounty on your head for $1260"
"Vader from the town DethStar has sent a bounty on your head for $144,000"
"eagle john from the town NestingGrounds has sent a bounty on your head for $52"
"Baron Dirk from the town Stilletto has sent a bounty on your head for $128"
"meggyDunn from the town Chestless has sent a bounty on your head for $1001"
"master warrior from the town DOOM has sent a bounty on your head for $26,000"
"Lorgos from the town WordWorld has sent a bounty on your head for $abc
"Runeneo from the town Morpheus has sent a bounty on your head for $5374"
"Violette Derunc from the town Flower has sent a bounty on your head for $4735"
"Timewalker from the town Chronos has sent a bounty on your head for $8888"

DeletedUser

You do realize the introduction of bounties would inspire a few to strive towards becoming the most wanted and hated people in all the west?

DeletedUser1105

just an idea: the bounty should be available as dueling is, for only some players. So, if a town gets attacked, the last attackers are available to put bounties on. Not everyone in the world. Just the last attackers, from let's say the last 48 hours. Pretty much a bounties linked to a reason, not a free bounty.

This is fair, and would stop over zealous towns from bounty hunting anyone and everyone.

Zazz Sasst said:
"SDJxx from the town MonkyButt has sent a bounty on your head for $777"

:) The solution above would solve your problem. If you had attacked all of those towns, then they could all put bounties on you, and why not? But if you hadn't, they would be unable to.

DeletedUser

yes, and thnat would introduce an element of outlaws and bandits on the run from the law.:bandit:this will be cool.
You'll also get people who want to be the best pai bounty hunters in the west:eek:hmy::coolg::blink:

DeletedUser

hey, everyone vote for this in the stars rating, then maybe the developers may spot it-I know gem has :D [edit- yes I know she's not a deeveloper but she is a mod and can move the forum to a poll or suchlike]