Crafting Items

DeletedUser

for the saloon idea that is reason for my expand saloon idea look at my started threads ;)

DeletedUser5046

well i dunno if tis had been said already..but if sumone did then ignore tis one...

• can be an open or private auction

for private auction:

♠ the owner of the item will send telegram to those he are willing to sell or bid his item

♠ the owner and those who accepted the invi will have the right to see the lists of other bidders where it will be written from highest (top) to lowest bidder and the title part will be the item and its starting price

for public auction:

♣ the item owner will just post a message tellin sumthing bout the item and its initial price..

♣ anyone can bid and ofcourse see the lists (same as above features)

NOTE:
→ there will be a limited time for bidding...
→ as soon as the bidding stops the highest bidder will get the item and the item owner will get the money both via uhm...pony express

is tis ok? and i think im in the wrong thread:D (its supposed to be all about crafting yet we are postin about auction stuffs)

DeletedUser

Good Idea, Making stuff like a fishing rod, clothes, flags, ect. It should be approved, but so many people only look at the negatives...

DeletedUser

Glass bottle+rock=Broken Glass

I approve of this idea, IM 100% FOR IT!

DeletedUser5046

you dun have to make a broken glass anymore..its already available and i looted sum before...if you could make it a lil better than being broken..then i'll agree wit you^^

DeletedUser363

Can somebody explain to me what does the auction have to do with crafting items?

DeletedUser

What hads the auction to the creating items: To create an item you will have to use products from jobs... In case you do not have all the necessary ingredients, there must be an option of gaining it; by stealing those in a duel (failed idea, many opponents as I remember) or buying it in an auction.

DeletedUser

Summary

This suggestion is giving a character a chance to craft items from products found during job. In the first post I gave some examples about it:

glass of water+cofee+sugar = hot coffee with sugar : +10 stamina, consumable (vanishes when used) and able to use once per day

grain + glass of water = bread:+50 hp, consumable (vanishes when used) and able to use once per day

beans x2+T-Bone-Steak+Corn x3
= meal: +15 stamina +50 hp,
consumable (vanishes when used) and able to use once per day

the same can be used for: turkey, berries, ham.........

Fool`s gold+gemstones x3+coal = necklace with random bonuses:

50% for 1 skill bonus 10 points max
25% for 2 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill
15% for 3 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill
10% for 4 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill

(skills are randomized so that to make two similar necklaces :p)

Beaver skin x4 = a hat with random bonuses:

40% for 1 skill bonus 10 points max
35% for 2 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill
15% for 3 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill
10% for 4 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill

(same as necklace, skills are randomized)

and the same can be used for: leather, wool, coyote tooth, buffalo skin, cotton and many more

The main objections are
1. What about those who cannot do all jobs for the necessary products?
I suggest connecting it to the product/item auction system, open auctions where a player sets up a starting price and length of the auction; When the time is up the one who`s bid was the highest gets the product.

2. How to implemenbt into existing system crafting?
I think it should be a store with recipes, where you can learn how to make an item. When you know how to craft, it is just a matter of clicking a "craft item" button (may it be below duel button on the left), select a recipe you learnt, check the necessary ingredients and click create at the bottom...

DeletedUser

I don't know about crafting Item's its not a fantasy game... with magic etc...

And I think that a lot of item's are already covered within the clothes range...

DeletedUser363

Crafting doesn't have to be associated with fantasy. If you add grain + glass of water there is nothing mystical about that. Adding glass of water + fancy work shoes and creating a rock could be considered fantasy. Overall the idea sounds good to me.

DeletedUser

that's no crafting that's cooking ;) I was talking about crafting items...

but I don't think that should be implanted...

maybe that you can eat appels or oranges but no cooking/crafting.. if you want to cook and craft.. play runescape...

DeletedUser

no runescape is not gay...

they who play it and keep it roling ar gay:indian:

DeletedUser

Crafting doesn't have to be associated with fantasy. If you add grain + glass of water there is nothing mystical about that. Adding glass of water + fancy work shoes and creating a rock could be considered fantasy. Overall the idea sounds good to me.
Said the Shadow Dragon:eek:hmy:

DeletedUser

did the west have dragons? maybe yes.. but shadow dragons??? I don't know...

DeletedUser

It sounds like a good idea to me.
you could make some quests like an introduction quest crafting.
And do not forget: its an extra aspect of the game, not a main one.
You need to do quests in order to do more.
you dont need crafting for anything.
its just extra.