Crafting Items

Diggo11

I know there positive suggestions and I personally want them implemented. But rules are rules and a mod ain't gonna break 'em for one proposal however good it may be.

DeletedUser

Hmmm how about we modify the shops in town?

The shops wont have unlimited items....
To sell each item the shop would require something..
example... to sell a ribbon the town needs a cotton... (Maybe we can make a warehouse where we store materials? Another Building!!!)
Hmmm i dont know what we would require to craft a donkey / horse.... :p (My be time limited? 1 donkey per 2 days? / depending on the level of G.E.)

P.S. Forgot the add the main thing...
The income of the shops goes to the town's treasury...

DeletedUser

If you aren't supposed to change th game, there isn't ANY idea that can be implemented.
Everything changes the game.

and i dont think that there should be a limit to selling stuff in the shops.
no one can buy much in that case.
you need a mass town to get all resources together.

DeletedUser

But crafting is not changing the concept of the game, its needed for giving it an extra aspect of the game

Diggo11

But crafting is not changing the concept of the game, its needed for giving it an extra aspect of the game
Hey there not my rules the're Gem's. I like this proposal but I'm just saying its chances are slim. If you've been following the "Outlaw Level", it was another aspect but was rejected because of this very rule. Theres no difference between these two cases. Gem is looking for additions/refinements of existing features not new aspects.

DeletedUser

well, you dont need to implement it in the existing worlds, you can implement it in a new world and look how it works, if there are any complaints or something

Diggo11

Es sei denn, Sie können verstehen, bezweifle ich, den Sie überhaupt die Chance bekomme.

If you can read that then you might get to experience it in a test world, otherwise NO.

DeletedUser

Diggo why you wrote two same sentences in german and english?

Well to the point, I would like players to use wider array of jobs, not guiding themselves only basing to the statistics (most important experience and wages)

DeletedUser

I would like to have a small comparison between advanteges and disadvantages of this idea:

Advantages:
- widens the array of jobs
- gives an opportunity of creating items not available in shops in the town
- makes use of product useless elsewhere (from jobs not necessary for quests)
- encourages trade/ auction system

What are major disadvantages?
- there may be problems with gathering all necessary products
- someone may craft very powerful item and gain major advantage that way....

DeletedUser

yes I think those should proportionate to level as it is now; I want to know what do you think is an advantage and disadvantage of this idea

Diggo11

I said:
Es sei denn, Sie können verstehen, bezweifle ich, den Sie überhaupt die Chance bekomme.

If you can read that then you might get to experience it in a test world, otherwise NO.
Diggo why you wrote two same sentences in german and english?
Actually both say different things, go check using Google Translate.

Oh and if you plan to join the German Server look for Welt 1, apparently its the test world.

DeletedUser

My apologies but my German is inferior :) It becomes an offtopic, back to the subject!

DeletedUser

I think this would be cool, but then everyone would be crafting stuff and the whole game would revolve around crafting

DeletedUser

Selling items

I like the idea of towns being able to produce items. A workshop can be created and a town warehouse. As the item is created, however it is created, the item then is placed in the general store of the town for sell. The you can require a certain level general store before the workshop or factory can be built. This would give workers for the town something to work towards. You can also set it up so only the workshop or town can produce the item, not individual characters. Town members would still have to purchase the items created but maybe at a discount. Just an idea.
p.s. I'm new to the game so I am still feeling out how everything works.

DeletedUser

More thoughts. The town warehouse could be an alternative place to deposit items, instead of selling them. A worker would have to be present to make any item. Give a time frame of say 3hrs-12hrs for construction of the item, depending on the type of item you are creating. A portion of the money an item sells for in the general store goes to the town treasury. (I'm not sure if that already happens, the interfaces for the game are not as detailed as I would like). The worker earns wages and xp depending on the difficulty of the item being made. The money to create the items (wages, what ever else is thought to be needed) comes from town treasury. The amount the town receives back would obviously need to be higher than the amount spent to create the item.
An example of the items that can be created would be:
2 wool = plain white shirt (+3 toughness, +2 appearance.)
5 cotton = flannal shirt (+5 toughness, +3 vigor, +3 appearance)
2 beaver skins = beaver skin hat (+4 set traps, +3 animal instinct)

DeletedUser5046

gee... i think there should be uhm...one extra item before you could really craft one..

let's say every cloths needs a piece of needles found after a day mowing te field. . .

DeletedUser

gee... i think there should be uhm...one extra item before you could really craft one..

let's say every cloths needs a piece of needles found after a day mowing te field. . .

lol definately but u gotta rememebr to use equipment already produced by dev instead of creeating your own.

the warehouse idea can also be linked to the limit bag space idea?