Crafting Items

DeletedUser

everything can be linked together, crafting items to auction system; to stealing products from other character, in case you cannot find it on your own (repeat product not item!)
personal wardrobe in the hotel/adding a character`s home to the city with ability to store items....

DeletedUser

Yeah, if they added tradeskills, then maybe people would have a reason to go out and harvest products and use them for something. Seems like a good way to work in trading too. If the tradeskill products are any use at all they could be sold that way at markets...

Codeguru

DeletedUser

No, the tradeskills. Don't we already have appearance and setting traps and trading?

And we're gonna have an Auction House, not a Market.

Although I think they're adding trading amongst players soon, though.

DeletedUser

glass of water+cofee+sugar = hot coffee with sugar : +10 stamina, consumable (vanishes when used) and able to use once per day

If you wanted a cup of cream and sugar, why didn't you ask for that?

Seriously though, I basically like the idea, but I see it mainly as a money making opportunity. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Add a small chance of making a useful item depending on the products involved, like gemstones and fools gold giving you a neck slot item.

I could also see crafted items being required for quests, but not until some form of trade is enabled, unless the skills required to make the items were low.

DeletedUser

as BartBot and Diggo said in previous posts it changes the gameplay altogether. People will start to play the game just for crafting. every point you make, you're starting to invent a new theme to the game.

first you started with crafting.
then you've added auctioning.

now stealing products from people after winning a duel (for me this has to be the worst one.) this will mean that a lvl 15 could possibly have a golden figurine or other awesome items.It will mean that they will not have worked for that item and soon people will not find it fun to get rare products.

as for storing items. This is kinda in contradiction to your point about stealing. why steal when there's nothing to steal. people will obviously just store all their items.

like Diggo said, you're changing the point of the game.

DeletedUser

ok so quest items should be protected and not be able to be taken then.
Waitaminnut, the stealing items idea isnt accepted yet, heck most people dont really like it so dont worry bout it

DeletedUser

i dont like stealing neither.
it is unfair for people that work fair, example:

a worker finally got his products to make a golden horseshoe (EXAMPLE!) he crafts it but THEN a dueler comes, attacks him, and takes the golden horseshoe the workers worked so long for.

i think thats unfair

DeletedUser

I was talking about steealing products not items! Items are crafted from products......

Items are divided into: Headgear, Clothing, Shoes, Neckband, Duelling Weapons (Pants if it will be added)

Products are gathered from jobs....

And it was brought up by those not involved in doing any jobs but only duelling :) Since they are unable to get products to craft an item:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If the auction house is implemented, then no stealing is necessary. You just need to adjust quests that you can't end quest until you actualy worked on a specific job. That way you can buy products, but not do quests just through buying them.

DeletedUser

still this topic will finish ages later and by then you will probably have added like a hundred new things to the game. but that's just my opinion.

crafting really is just a bad name for the thing. find a different name. you don't craft hot chocolate from water and coco powder. you make it :|

DeletedUser

Well I took this name from Ultima Online.... You may call it whatever you like, it is not about the name....

DeletedUser

yeah it is. crafting makes it sound all run-escapy (runescapy). and i know that you've already said you don't play that game.

You have to have a universally used name for the task.