Crafting Items

DeletedUser5046

but what they wanted if im not mistaken is crafting to a one of the main..not only a quest..and if it is a quest..then tis one could be repeated all over again...

DeletedUser

Just make an introduction quest to learn new people how to craft.
After that they can decide if they go crafting or just selling products.

DeletedUser5046

i dont get it..what i am thinkin is when they are introduced...probably most will try em out...and then what... sell there crafted item/s?

is it like tat simmies?

DeletedUser

Well it gives you opportunity of combining products into items, well you can use or sell those items, maybe it will become a way to earn some money? This still gives some changes into gameplay, and I think good changes

DeletedUser4100

I think a crafting ability would be good and the abililty to sell them at the shops or consume / wear the items crafted.

Tanning deer hide x 5 - a pair of chaps - etc. using a needle and thread
beaver skin x 2 - Daniel Boone hat -
cloth x 5 make a shirt of some kind
Wool - you could make caps - after spinning the wool
more skins higher lvl hats
higher lvls to make higher lvl shirts / hats / pants / chaps
cowboy - as well as steak you get a cow hide, tan it and then use the hide to make shoes
% rates on these items would be set and you would need to get higher lvl crafting to make higher lvl clothing with different bonuses.

DeletedUser

Cool Idea

I think its a great idea. I think the admins are too lazy to do it though.

DeletedUser

I want to know what they think of it?
If they have some arguments, then we could try to work them away(sorry i'm Dutch).

DeletedUser

crafting? sure!

Why not? As it is, we get all these items -- er, "products" -- and they do nothing at all. They serve no purpose! Unless the devs have another purpose in mind for them, I say let's go for it.

DeletedUser

I agree with Laup Nor. I like this idea because it would put use to items that do nothing except be sold or used in a quest.

DeletedUser

How do you see that? What shall be done if you cannot do a job to find one ingredient for crafting? I think there must be a way to buy it

DeletedUser

the admins are busy with a trading system, so you dont have to worry about that anymore

DeletedUser

lol im ok with crafting but which character class would have the advantage?best just put everyone at equal. also doesn't that mean that there has to be a new skill (crafting) so as to improve chances of success.
lol just make a new character class : crafters (blacksmiths,taliors,etc,etc)

DeletedUser

Well, this would work well with the auction idea.

Some people get the products, sell them, crafters buy and refine them. and sells them on.

For instance. The abuse possible is quite clear though; multiabuse.

DeletedUser

Or you can trade:

buy leather at a price of something like 5-10 dollars and then sell it for 15-20 dollars

DeletedUser

I 2nd this. I think this would be awesome and add tremendous versatility to the game! This maybe something they might consider after they get Trading setup.

DeletedUser

Most of the people are positive about this:

its a 1:5 or something

DeletedUser

What are the changes? I think those are positive, it will make sense of doing jobs...