Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Other (see my post)

Votes: 47 56.6%
  • i hate westerns.

Votes: 10 12.0%

• Total voters

DeletedUser

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Unforgiven would be a close second, then Tombstone.

DeletedUser

"They call me Trinity" with Bud Spencer and Terence Hill. Funny spagetti western

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

There are so many "good" westerns and several I'd call "great" .
"Big Jake" would be one in the second catagory .

DeletedUser

Big Jake was good, but (I can't believe I'm admitting this) I like Sam Shepherd as a cowboy far more than the Duke... does that make me a heretic?

DeletedUser

Pale Rider

I actually liked Eastwood's "Pale Rider" even more than Unforgiven. Eastwood produced, directed and starred in Rider way back in 1985!Both are full of imagery drawn from the Christian bible...A little girls desperate prayer, then the mistaken ID of the Preacher... great shootout with LaHood's gang at the end... good flick
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. (Revelation 6:8)

DeletedUser

I've always liked Sam Elliot and Tom Selleck in westerns .
John Wayne was in a lot of good western though .

DeletedUser

Many good ones to choose from. Most of my favs are Clint's work. The 1st I ever saw was "2 mules for Sister Sarah" at a drive-in. The second was "True Grit" with John Wayne, Glen Campbell and Kim Darby (Wow, she was in a series episode of Star Trek). Personally, I like "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" as well as "The Quick and the Dead". But never forget the infamous "Outlaw Jose Wales".

DeletedUser

I actually liked Eastwood's "Pale Rider" even more than Unforgiven. Eastwood produced, directed and starred in Rider way back in 1985!Both are full of imagery drawn from the Christian bible...A little girls desperate prayer, then the mistaken ID of the Preacher... great shootout with LaHood's gang at the end... good flick
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. (Revelation 6:8)

That's my favorite too.I just wish if there was a sequel ...:(g

DeletedUser

Now I have to say, if you love westerns and you love spoofs, and you're up way too late, or slightly drunk, (or have a thing for weird 80s movies like THE ICE PIRATES) then you'll get some laughs out of Rustler's Rhapsody. Classic Black Hat White Hat caricatures... but I love the part where the evil gang realizes the good guys always win so they hire a good guy to fight the other good guy in the final duel. HAAAA!

DeletedUser

i like many westerners such as Young Guns and the Young Guns Two, i like the duke and eastwood movies too. BUT the ones i can wacth over and over are the man with no name series(good the bad and the ugly, fistful of dollars, and for a few dollars more.), El Dorado, and the War Wagon cause it has THE best song EVER:laugh::eek:hmy:).

DeletedUser

I would like to know who are the ones who hate westerns and still play a game called THE-WEST. Got my point?