• Quigley Down Under

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Other (see my post)

Votes: 47 56.6%
  • i hate westerns.

Votes: 10 12.0%

• Total voters

DeletedUser

I cant believe noones said 'The Magnificent Seven' or 'Butch cassidy and the sundance kid' both are superb and should be on any list for the top westerns!!!

DeletedUser

Other:
1) The Magnificent Seven
2) The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

:)

And hi there :) My first post on the forum

DeletedUser

i like the movie Wyatt Earp, it's fairly new but good.

The Gunners is also pretty good.
The Gun and The Pulpit

DeletedUser

fave Western?...too many...but top 3....

1. The Wild Bunch.
2. Tombstone.
3. 3:10 to Yuma (new version)

DeletedUser

Still no takers on Quigley Down Under? I'm saving up to trade my granite rock in for one of those long-range rifles with the custom bullets. Just try to run... the bullet hits you before you hear it coming.

DeletedUser4547

Open Range is a good latecomer, As far as the oldies, Anything John Wayne starred in is classic. Then again, even the worst western movie ever made beats the junk Hollywood is putting out now! Can I get an AMEN?

DeletedUser

Big Jake was good, but (I can't believe I'm admitting this) I like Sam Shepherd as a cowboy far more than the Duke... does that make me a heretic?

yes, yes it does.

Also- not helping your case? No Mclintok.
And, ok, no Lonesome Dove? Thomas what were you thinking? Oh oh oh and an older newer one that has Rachel Evan Wood and Tommy Lee Jones, The Missing... and I think Giant needs to be in there SOMEWHERE.

DeletedUser

Tex

My fave would have to be an obscure, but funny-as-hell little western short called "Tex, The Passive-Aggressive Gunslinger". It's about this guy, Tex, who kinda lives in his own little world in this little frontier town. Well, he manages to catch the attention of some badass looking gunslinger passing through town one day while he's in the saloon(he hears Tex has never lost a duel), and so they set up a duel for the next day. Well, Tex blows the guy off day after day cause he doesn't care, he has stuff to do(reading the daily paper, mostly). After about a week of trying to work out a duel, he finally gets Tex out on the street to shoot it out... And it starts to rain cats and dogs. Tex 'doesn't want to get wet', so he starts leaving. The badass gunslinger gets so pissed, he finally loses it and blows his own head off.

Fade out, a shot of Tex, smiling darkly, the dead gunslinger on the ground behind him.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I love westerns

1: good the bad and the ugly
2: jeremiah johnson
3: magnificent seven
4: high noon
5: maverick
6: high plains drifter
i will end there oh yeah one more

7: the three amigos

DeletedUser

Seven Samuri is also worth an honorary mention. That recent one with Jack White in is pretty good too, though maybe a bit more of a civil war film

DeletedUser

I voted the last selection...

I don't really like Western Themes, the first thing that come into people's mind are Cowboys.

But I need to say, there are some good Western Movies.