Federation of Marshals

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Howdy folks,

I have recently become a little more active in World 8 and starting to see more and more as to what is happening here.

Any one of the Marshals wanting to shed some light on the Federation of Marshals please?

Any insight would be most welcome at this point in time.
Thanks in advance.

;) :cool:

DeletedUser

I had a good read through all of the above.
There is talk of the code and conduct. Is this public knowledge?

What I was looking for I guess was a "statement" or in-depth info about the FoM's. Not really telegrams being bounced backwards and forwards with targeted towns.

Who is the contact person / people?
Is FoM the biggest alliance in World 8?
Has anyone stood up against FoM?
How long has FoM been around for?

Just some of my enquiring questions ;)

DeletedUser14280

I actually have a few questions of my own about this 'Federation'.

Where are they? Which county in World 8?
What's their dueling behavior? Do they go for profit and challenge, or do they effectively steal from players?
Do their members act like gangsters on their town forums?

DeletedUser

I think initially they were trying to do something noble but the more I see the more I do not think I like the FoM.

How does it go, power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely?

DeletedUser

I am glad to see I am not the only player in World 8 who now has questions about FoM.

Would be nice of them or one of their representatives to shed some light on this growing situation.

DeletedUser

I asked for as much in the other FoM thread. We shall see what comes to light. :)

DeletedUser

I think initially they were trying to do something noble but the more I see the more I do not think I like the FoM.

How does it go, power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely?

maybe u r right..initially when it was started by the 3 towns..hidden monouth and one else...it was to overpower the sincity..lasvegas..who were constanly worker bashers and were the biggest force on w8 at tat tym....

after fom has in a sort won...they have become the biggest force here...so more and more towns are joining them..not because they support their ideology but because they want tat fom name and support and can bully the other towns..by the name of fom..if anytown they attacks retiliates the whole fom will be ready to attack them..is wat their thinking is...so they can go about hunting anyone and no one is gonna attack them coz they know the full fom force can destroy their town....hunger for power is wat driving new towns join fom..i m sure if fom wasnt such a big force..the towns joining them wud not have been this much...

though still says tat when kittenkicker and yuchon started it it was for a noble cause..and maybe those 3 towns and some else still have noble ideas but not all of the fom empire......

also there is a big flaw in their ideology tat they dun attack workers as they have no dodge no reflex etc..as they have put all their sp in construction.....then why do they support attacks on pure advens who have put all sp in trading or hiding....:mad:

but anyway world always salute the strong!!!

DeletedUser

Yes, I think another flaw is that thy say not to attack workers then do so in the name of War. A moral stand should not have stipulations.

DeletedUser

We joined FoM to try and help protect the worker against the ones who prey on them all the time. Now we haven't been in it for long but we have always said that workers should not be attacked. As far as I know our town is not at war with any town except maybe el paso and we haven't called in FoM to help us deal with them.

2 wrongs don't make a right. Our town tries to set an example for other towns.

As for adventurers not being dueled ... hey I see more adventurers then not out there dueling so I see no reason for them to not be attacked.

As in any group or clan there are always some who push the rules to the limits or break them out right. You can't judge everyone by a fews actions.

As for who to contact about questions .. I always go through KittenKicker.

DeletedUser

Well folks I can't speak for all of the federation members. I can only speak for myself and why I asked our town to support the application to join the Federation of Marshals. We just joined this past week and haven't received any data yet on the operations of -FoM-.

Now let me continue a bit here.

You see I believed in the stance they took against bullies, having been bullied out of another world myself. I believe in the core belief that worker class citizens shouldn't be dueled. Adventurers are another story. It depends on their stats. Yes I have personally dueled both during the war I'm in with another town in hopes that by doing so it might change a few minds if they were shown the very same treatment in return. Now our town has adopted a different approach of only dueling non-worker class citizens while we are at war. Sorry but adventurers have and do carry some pretty nice weaponry so I'm not going to exclude them at this point. You see skill and attribute points are set by an individual to meet the needs that individual has and it doesn't mater what class they are. Nor are they always just set to reflect dueling. Nor are they always set to reflect working.

I also know that an allied town we have was a member of the federation and they didn't duel workers unless at war, and then only seldom. I respected that and tried to follow their example. It is also a reason for our joining the federation.

I think every society has good and bad elements within their make up. The federation is no different. But I do know that a large share of the towns belonging to the federation dismiss players who do not follow the rules and duel workers who do not belong to a town that isn't a part of the war. I've personally seen this done.

This is basically the short of it from my stand point. But everyone needs to realize no one is perfect and no governing body is perfect. We can only strive to do the best we can towards obtaining that perfection.

I hope I have shed a bit of light on the federation and helped answer a few questions even in a small way. No I don't have all the answers. I only have what I know and feel from watching my fellow marshals as they endeavor to build their towns and help the smaller ones in the area do the same.

Remember one thing. In the real Old West bullies like the James gang and others were hunted down and justice took it's toll on them. The system used wasn't perfect by any standard. But it worked. In world 8 the Federation of Marshals, I believe, are trying to exact that same type of frontier justice upon the bullies of this world. No it isn't perfect, but it's worth a try.

DeletedUser

@dusty & smitten

i saw in another thread ,,where kittenkicker..said to someworker basher...as how can tat guy call himself a man when he attacks those easy prey who hav almost null duelling skills....

then why is this double standard in adven case....i m talking about pure hider/trader...not trapping/shooter....
just because they carry nice cash u wanna attack them...then y take up the hood of nobelity....u are doing wat is benefecial for u personally and has got nothing to do with nobelity...

why not pick someone of ur size and take cash from them..u r just behaving like policticians..who on the surface say are doing noble deeds by helping beggers/street type in such a way tat everybody sees tat they are doing noble thing.....but themselves rob money from innocent.....

i m not referring to kittenkicker..as i hv seen many of his duel reports..and most of them were of his size but again the others were just farming innocent....

also remember one thing: doing noble things and spreading about being noble are 2 different things....

i dun know wat is the silversnake fed..but i definitely liked their idea of not attacking advens/workers who have duelling level not more than +5 character level.....

also its not just advens who have gud weapon..even workers have it..u can see elmyr in w7 ..he has a sharp consquisdator sword..and is a pure worker..though he never whines about being attacked...

so most advens do carry weapons just to safeguard themselves and their money...in reality too..u must have seen many gals carry pepper spray to protect themselves...but tat doesnt mean they want it to use it on everyone..its just for self protection......

and i m not a part of fom or ln...just a neutral guy wid neutral stance...in case u r thinking i m sm from opposition...

DeletedUser

You can get a dueling level 5+ your character level by winning against NPCs, not to mention getting lucky in defensive duels. Not only that, nobody can see how someone is specced. Yes, you may be a pure hider or trapper, but you may not be.

Fighters have to duel somebody. If they don't want to duel workers I can understand that. Advents are different though. I think any fighter that says they won't fight a worker should be commended for that decision. It shouldn't mean all the advents should jump up and down screaming bloody murder because they weren't included in the no dueling policy.

DeletedUser

deni..i m not jumpin up and down...just askin them stop taking this hood of nobelity....i am not gonna whine if they attack me for sure....but the same point when they say they are not duelling those who are easy targets and can easily be beaten like workers..then why do they take pride in beating pure traders/ hiders....this ids nothin but double standards....

and ya i know its wild west ...so one can attack anyone as it was one's choice where to put their skills...but not inside the hood of nobelity.....

DeletedUser

Well if they really wanted to be noble they would not be fighters. They would all be workers or non-dueling advents...right? Then if they were a federation of workers that didn't allow any other classes into their towns everyone would think they were fools. At some point a line has to be drawn. That is where they drew it. I don't think its a big moral mystery.

Edit: I used the word noble because nobility was brought up. In no way do I think fighter classes are not noble. So no one jump on my back please. I love my world 3 soldier.

DeletedUser

yes mod..i know ....but to say u r noble in not attackin weaker but still attackin those..in anyway is not noble...if they just take out this noblehood thing..and then continue their attacks..it wud never be any problem...(i have never been attacked by them)...if they really waned to draw a noble line they shd have drawn it to a better extent..i hv also seen workers attacking people by the way......

so in short if they also should also play the game like the wild wild west no one should have any problem..but definitely no need to bring this nobelity factor..which apparently is not there......

DeletedUser

Point well taken Nakshtra and well said.

Psst, I'm not a mod on this forum. I'm just posting as a player.

DeletedUser

Yeah I have to agree with you nakshtra. Im in world 8 and have had dealings with FoM.

First off, it was said about attacking adventurers is ok by kittenkicker in this thread. We had one soldier duel one of their better equipped, high dueling level adventurers. Our town frowns upon dueling workers and adventurers as a whole UNLESS they have the dueling level and equipment to be a dueler in sheeps clothing. Several FoM towns came to our town and proceeded to KO our workers and adventurers while sending nasty messages the whole time to our players about why they are being dueled. A simple message stating that "You are being dueled because person X dueled one of our workers or adventurers" would be a perfectly fine message to send. Not these guys, these messages were down right rude and obnoxious.

We had one dueler hit a worker of theirs. Once we found out about it, a message was sent to the specific dueler in question about our stance on dueling workers and adventurers. We still had FoM come to town and duel our workers for over a week. I get the retaliation and am fine with it, but why not go after the dueler first. As they were never attacked once. Plus a week long retalliation, when we try to make sure our duelers/soldiers dont hit workers and adventurers in the first place. They give the excuses that some mistakes will happen, yet that ONLY applies to them and not everyone else in their minds.

Another thing they have is workers and adventurers in sheeps clothing. Meaning they are pure dueling stats. Yet if you hit them, they still scream bloody murder. if they win a duel, you are messaged by half of FoM calling you names and rediculing you for losing a duel to a worker.

They always throw out the word "ethical" yet they dont believe in true ethics. If they attack a worker, its a mistake. If you attack a worker, you are unethical. Double standards FTW!!!!

Its just a way to BE A BULLY while claiming the opposite. Hypocrisy is not a word in their dictionary, unless they want to use it on you, then its page 1.

DeletedUser14280

You know, Glenn ZA started this thread to ask about FoM and their behaviour.
But this is turning into another argument about dueling.

Personally, I try to duel for profit.
I only attack when I want money and exp, never more.
...Well, I might go for a challenge too.

Now, back on topic?
What do they do when someone challenges them diplomatically, or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.