Federation of Marshals

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

nakshtra, I can't speak for all of FoM. I can only speak for my town, we don't attack workers. I'm a worker/builder, and since I'm the founder of my town I don't allow attacks on workers. I'm not saying I'm nobel, I just know how it feels to work your butt off all day and have a dueler come along and take my money. Personally .. if I'm just hanging around town then I'm building .. you want xp, attack me then just don't try to KO me. I hate losing the money and the time I've put into a building.

I'm not sure what town you are in or what's going on with it. So I really can't answer your questions regarding that.

DeletedUser

Like SmittenKitten said. We can't speak for the whole federation, only what we are doing in our town. Now I have yet to go out hunting duels just to be dueling. Every duel I have recorded was one off the war front or some dueler coming into my town hunting me.

Now I also said I wasn't being noble. I said I was the marshal of my town trying to protect it's citizens from thugs and bullies.

I'm sorry if that doesn't answer your questions. And yes we do the diplomacy thing in our town. We have a town diplomate and I also do what I can in that area. But diplomacy doesn't win wars. Action does. And if it takes me and my posse to bring peace into our area through the actions taken by us then so be it. We do our best to leave innocent people alone. And we have only attacked towns that attacked us first.

But if you need a scape goat, I guess we can fit in that spot too.

DeletedUser

smitten its not about my town..as i stated earlier..i m from a neutral town wid a neutral view......

but stop saying u all tat u only take people of ur size....there is no restriction on taking on weaker peeps...but if u say u dun pick them on..but still pick pure hider/trader...then really it is double standard...

i m not against anyone or anything....it was just mah 2% point of view...tats it....

i still have respect for kittenkicker etc..for they have picked up their size people..unless they r on war.....

DeletedUser

But your definition of thugs and bullies doesnt apply to FoM. As a pure worker in world 8, I have been attacked more than I would like and rarely say anything except in our forums which is meant for our soldiers and duelers.

Like I said in my earlier post, one of the dueling adventurers was attacked by one of our soldiers (dueling adventurer being defined as someone in dueling clothes and having a dueling level WELL above their normal level). Even with FoM claiming adventurers are fine to attack ~ See kittenkickers post in another FoM thread ~ The FoM solution was to come to town, KO our workers, and send us nasty messages about how we are pathetic people and should quit the game, kittenkicker included. That is not ethical, yet 'ethical' is the one word FoM shouts at the top of their lungs every chance they get.

Now if it is ok to attack adventurers in your mind but attacking workers isnt, then please explain how 1 attack on an adventurer (a dueling adventurer no less) got all of our workers ko'd AND get them attacked for a week, by multiple FoM towns.

Like I said in my earlier post, I get retaliation. I dont care if im attacked as retaliation. It was the nasty messages I have recieved every time I had contact with FoM that bothers me. Its the whole against thugs and bullies yet we will attack you until you quit if you attack us mentality ~ aka thugs and bullies. Its the whole 'we are ethical up until our ethics impead us then we claim you are in the wrong so its ok' that bothers me.

If you want to hit me, a pure worker, as retaliation of a worker of yours getting hit, go for it. If you want to have 5 soldiers/duelers camp our town and constantly ko our workers over a single attack on a dueling adventurer, please stop using the word "ethics". Just be honest about it. FoM duels more workers than the majority of towns combined. Using the we are at war tag to justify it.

I do appreciate your honesty as far as saying you want to defend your town and only control your town. But to many times ive seen FoM speaking as one. To me, it comes across as hypocrisy to speak of the greatness of FoM, what FoM stands for yet say later you only speak for your town. If you want to speak for FoM then do so, if you want to speak for your town then do so, but dont speak for both if your not willing to back both up. Choose who you speak for and stick with it. This whole 'FoM is united' thing when its convenient and then 'I only speak for my town' when its convenient thing is hypocrisy, regardless of whether any else admits to that.

DeletedUser9891

I had a good read through all of the above.
There is talk of the code and conduct. Is this public knowledge?

What I was looking for I guess was a "statement" or in-depth info about the FoM's. Not really telegrams being bounced backwards and forwards with targeted towns.

Who is the contact person / people?
Is FoM the biggest alliance in World 8?
Has anyone stood up against FoM?
How long has FoM been around for?

Just some of my enquiring questions ;)

;) :cool:

Hi.

Contact people - Currently KittenKicker and Yuchon Charlie, the Co-Founders. We are forming a council so it doesn't look like the KK and YC show, because it isn't

Alliance size - Yes, FoM is the largest, and growing steadily. However it isn't interested in domination of World 8, it's an ethos, a group of people that feel dueling builders is wrong, and that have gathered to help those who struggle to help themselves. There have been a lot of bully towns, and it was impossible to fight back with 1 or 2 towns alone, so it's the voice of the many :)

Stood up against FoM? FoM isn't really a single entity to be "stood up against". It was formed to deal with towns like Sin City and Las Vegas, self proclaimed "Mafia" who play to win (which is fair, no crime against that) and do whatever it takes to get there (Again, it's just a game, and fair play to them). Yuchon Charlie and I got to talking and the idea was born... a group that would help others who wanted it (after checks were made and peace negotiations started... I always prefer to talk if possible) and our already large alliance found a title.

FoM has been around a few weeks now, but our alliances were many and strong from the start.

As town Diplomat for Monmouth I felt it wise to have the largest alliance as it placed us safer whilst we worked, and due to my talking through most situations before fighting we completed our town 5th.

Does this help?

DeletedUser9891

I actually have a few questions of my own about this 'Federation'.

Where are they? Which county in World 8?
What's their dueling behavior? Do they go for profit and challenge, or do they effectively steal from players?
Do their members act like gangsters on their town forums?

Every county, pretty much

Personally I go for challenge and XP, cash is nice if you find it, but where I duel... sin City and Vegas... it's rare people have any

Do members act like gangsters? In Monmouth, Hidden, ToxiCity, Crow Town, Little Monmouth and others I don't recall,definitely not. I've visited each of the towns, been graciously greeted and allowed to trade for free and had nice discussions with people.

People just want to play and enjoy their game, FoM was started to give more people the chance to do exactly that, rather than getting gangbanged every 48 hrs.

As for not hitting adventurers, we are still evolving and were going to consider a rule where adventurers with no dueling levels and no weapons may be considered off limits.

Mostly I duel people based on profile... If I see a "Worker" with 10 + duel levels, he is without a doubt a ninja worker... so kill him.

If I see someone with 6 duel levels, no weapon and a profile that says "sadly i was attacked a lot and won many duels, I now carry no weapon and am peaceful" then I wouldn't.

I'd also like to add that many of the Marshals of the West were far from well behaved, many were self-serving, cheaters, liars and thieves.

That isn't what we want, but we are getting people who are ignoring our rules, signing up to cause trouble for FoM, trying to sign up to avoid being attacked (that's a waste of time as mentioned elsewhere, FoM towns DO duel each other).

There's no really good way to communicate, so we are creating a Council and Charlie has had the good idea of picking a town per county that can filter down news, ideas and pass back questions to the Council.

DeletedUser9891

also there is a big flaw in their ideology tat they dun attack workers as they have no dodge no reflex etc..as they have put all their sp in construction.....then why do they support attacks on pure advens who have put all sp in trading or hiding....:mad:

but anyway world always salute the strong!!!

As mentioned above, it was under discussion. Don't carry lots of cash and you won't be a target. Stay out of town and use the free hotels and join when you need things, is another way to avoid duels the rest of us don't have the luxury of doing... I earn appallingly little money myself as a pure dueler.

DeletedUser9891

You know, Glenn ZA started this thread to ask about FoM and their behaviour.
But this is turning into another argument about dueling.

Personally, I try to duel for profit.
I only attack when I want money and exp, never more.
...Well, I might go for a challenge too.

Now, back on topic?
What do they do when someone challenges them diplomatically, or something?

We talk ;)

As for Killers post, we got builders attacked by two of their people so we sent a message.... the same messge that is posted on our town splash page;

We do NOT duel builders, unless ours are attacked first. We will then camp your town and message the members to let them know they have you to thank.

We just did what we said we'd do. The fact your duelers don't read and you don't control them isn't my problem, is it?

I created STRICT rules from Day One for Monmouth, working with the Founder, and it served us well. We didn't bite of more than we could chew, I didn't let duelers run amuck or behave like bullies, but when our people were repeat farmed or our builders attacked we sent the message that people weren't welcome.

Control your people and you'll do well. Give them a safe and fun environment to play in, and the knowledge that there's always someone to fight and they'll stick with your ethos.

We had few rules, but the ones we had were for the good of the town and the safety of its members.

Some people feel that they can't tell their duelers what to do... in that case what sort of founder are you? A Founder of a shanty town? That's fine too... but don't expect the Founder of an organised town not to protect their own or take pity that you "didn't know".

DeletedUser9891

Like I said in my earlier post, one of the dueling adventurers was attacked by one of our soldiers (dueling adventurer being defined as someone in dueling clothes and having a dueling level WELL above their normal level). Even with FoM claiming adventurers are fine to attack ~ See kittenkickers post in another FoM thread ~ The FoM solution was to come to town, KO our workers, and send us nasty messages about how we are pathetic people and should quit the game, kittenkicker included. That is not ethical, yet 'ethical' is the one word FoM shouts at the top of their lungs every chance they get.

Now if it is ok to attack adventurers in your mind but attacking workers isnt, then please explain how 1 attack on an adventurer (a dueling adventurer no less) got all of our workers ko'd AND get them attacked for a week, by multiple FoM towns.

Like I said in my earlier post, I get retaliation. I dont care if im attacked as retaliation. It was the nasty messages I have recieved every time I had contact with FoM that bothers me. Its the whole against thugs and bullies yet we will attack you until you quit if you attack us mentality ~ aka thugs and bullies. Its the whole 'we are ethical up until our ethics impead us then we claim you are in the wrong so its ok' that bothers me.

If you want to hit me, a pure worker, as retaliation of a worker of yours getting hit, go for it. If you want to have 5 soldiers/duelers camp our town and constantly ko our workers over a single attack on a dueling adventurer, please stop using the word "ethics". Just be honest about it. FoM duels more workers than the majority of towns combined. Using the we are at war tag to justify it.

I do appreciate your honesty as far as saying you want to defend your town and only control your town. But to many times ive seen FoM speaking as one. To me, it comes across as hypocrisy to speak of the greatness of FoM, what FoM stands for yet say later you only speak for your town. If you want to speak for FoM then do so, if you want to speak for your town then do so, but dont speak for both if your not willing to back both up. Choose who you speak for and stick with it. This whole 'FoM is united' thing when its convenient and then 'I only speak for my town' when its convenient thing is hypocrisy, regardless of whether any else admits to that.

I don't think you know what you're talking about, whether it's blind anger or misinformation, I couldn't say.

The only time we've attacked a town for dueling an adventurer was when they were repeat farmed and KOd, so a message was sent.

As for messages telling you that you're nasty and should leave... quite frankly WTF?

Produce some of these messages, I'd love to see them.

There may well have been messages telling you that you were targeted due to one of your soldiers farming money from our builders and to sort them out, but telling you to quit? Again I'd love to see them, because I never sent anything of the sort and I bet my left nut neither did any of my duelers.

5 bullies constantly KOing your builders? I checked our forums for the "Drunken Muffin" thread, and what I saw was repeat hits against Stomp and Sobr* for attacking our builders.

The "message" that would have been sent to builders and everyone else in the town would have come if myself or Sheriff Butmunch gave a "Kill order".

Again as before... if you let your people run riot, not read that if our duelers are attacked we'll kick your butts up and down the street then who's fault is it?

Honourable is one thing... stupid victim is something else completely.

Good luck and if you have any other problems, contact me in game to ask rather than post a skewed story that doesn't tally with the facts.

DeletedUser

If that was the message I had recieved then I wouldnt have complained about your messages, now would I have. No the message I recieved not only called me stupid, but the dueler who attacked an adventurer.

As far as attacking workers, one was an adventurer, and a dueling adventurer at that. You have a post in another thread saying workers are just the worker class.

As you obviously didnt read my posts where I said our town frowns upon dueling workers and adventurers unless they have a dueling level well above their normal level. We do try to control them. However, if one of yours does it, you claim mistakes happen. If one of ours does it, you go off on how we dont try to control them. Each time I was informed about it, I sent a message to the dueler in question to stop hitting workers and adventurers.

The most recent attack was a dueler hitting a worker, One which I sent a message to the dueler about not doing it anymore. The first attack was a soldier hitting a clearly visible dueling adventurer and we were hit first before any "talks" were made. Just that we were pathetic and should quit after we were KO'd.

Next time try reading my post instead of just saying I dont care what happened, we are in the right 100% of the time.

DeletedUser9891

Your post is unclear.

You don't show any duel reports, use names or post telegram content.

If you deem it worthy to do so then I'll look into it. And I'm glad you are against dueling workers, and apparently now control your duelers.

Wasn't like that 6 weeks ago.

DeletedUser

As mentioned above, it was under discussion. Don't carry lots of cash and you won't be a target. Stay out of town and use the free hotels and join when you need things, is another way to avoid duels the rest of us don't have the luxury of doing... I earn appallingly little money myself as a pure dueler.

precisely my point..fom does duel weak..then y do u define it as doing noble cause....seriously no probs if u stop saying u dun duel weaks...after tat u duel anyone it wont matter as it is the wild wild west but puhleez donot make double standards..as per ur own wish....

whether u duel a worker/hider/tradeer..it is more or less the same thing...just tat workers dun give u cash so u dun attack them...and advens give so u attack them...

then y say u fom is noble and cause of nobelity doesnt attack workers...u are becoming like LN.....

its all power game....

DeletedUser

The original one was Stomp attacking an adventurer. Not sure of time frame but 6 weeks ago sounds pretty reasonable. Sobr didnt go to your town until after our workers were attacked on that one. I actually checked where our duelers and soldiers were after getting hit and she was no where near your town when the attacks on our workers started. She then posted some attacks a day or two later there and yes those were workers and adventurers as ours were being attacked by yours.

The second one was a week or two ago and yes that one sobr attacked a worker.

Unfortunately I delete most messages after a while so dont have the message im referring to (the one calling Stomp stupid and me stupid for being in a town with him). It didnt serve a purpose to keep it although I have started keeping some now as I had one other instance where not deleting a message would have been a help to me (this makes two). Same with reports, they do me no good afterwords so tend to mass delete them once I get a few pages.

As for the second attack, I was attacked for a while afterwords when we were told, after discussion, that attacks were to be called off. Which was my only complaint on that one. As I said earlier, I get retaliation (meaning I understand it) but there comes a point when retaliation goes overboard, especially when we are trying to keep soldiers and duelers to only dueling other soldiers and duelers unless our towns workers are attacked. The one that was hitting me was Pietre or pietr or something to that affect (it was a female soldier)

We have the basic policy that your town has. We didnt at first, but after a decent movement on world 8 to not do that, we adopted that policy as well. I rarely hear about our duelers or soldiers dueling workers and adventurers (outside of retaliation against our being attacked) and when we do, I definitely send a message reiterating our town policy for dueling workers and adventurers.

Personally I have cut my duels against me in half by setting a job for 2 hours then setting sleep in the hotel.

Duel: darvinder vs. killerinstinct On 5/29/09 at 5:41 AM Duel

The player is sleeping in the hotel right now. They're well protected!

I get these messages more than I want but at least no duel happened.

DeletedUser

I'd also like to add that many of the Marshals of the West were far from well behaved, many were self-serving, cheaters, liars and thieves.

Oh okay, your posts make more sense if we assume that you're "in character" and you're role-playing the duplicitous propaganda mouthpiece for a corrupt and ill-controlled posse of self-appointed 'marshalls'.

:p

DeletedUser

I swear KK never addressed anything I have written. Explain your duel record please. You claim you only fight higher level people but yet you have only lost like 5% of your duels? I just don't even see how that is possible. Are you really that good? If I were to judge based on your record alone I would say you are an opportunistic bully.

DeletedUser

I dont believe in alliances and NAP's, sounds too much like another Game.
I duel because i enjoy dueling, if i can duel you, i will due you, idc about xp or what class you are, i just look for new challenges.

DeletedUser

Hi.

Contact people - Currently KittenKicker and Yuchon Charlie, the Co-Founders. We are forming a council so it doesn't look like the KK and YC show, because it isn't

Alliance size - Yes, FoM is the largest, and growing steadily. However it isn't interested in domination of World 8, it's an ethos, a group of people that feel dueling builders is wrong, and that have gathered to help those who struggle to help themselves. There have been a lot of bully towns, and it was impossible to fight back with 1 or 2 towns alone, so it's the voice of the many :)

Stood up against FoM? FoM isn't really a single entity to be "stood up against". It was formed to deal with towns like Sin City and Las Vegas, self proclaimed "Mafia" who play to win (which is fair, no crime against that) and do whatever it takes to get there (Again, it's just a game, and fair play to them). Yuchon Charlie and I got to talking and the idea was born... a group that would help others who wanted it (after checks were made and peace negotiations started... I always prefer to talk if possible) and our already large alliance found a title.

FoM has been around a few weeks now, but our alliances were many and strong from the start.

As town Diplomat for Monmouth I felt it wise to have the largest alliance as it placed us safer whilst we worked, and due to my talking through most situations before fighting we completed our town 5th.

Does this help?
This helps plenty... thank you for taking the time out to lay it out!
Much more better now knowing how and why FoM came about.

;) :cool:

DeletedUser

Yes, my questions have been answered as well. Here and in the other thread.

DeletedUser9891

Duel: darvinder vs. killerinstinct On 5/29/09 at 5:41 AM Duel

The player is sleeping in the hotel right now. They're well protected!

I get these messages more than I want but at least no duel happened.

I spoke to his founder, funnily enough they were interested in the idea of FoM... you can see how hard it is for people to control their duelers if they don't make hard and fast rules, I'm sure.

We found throwing people out worked well. Those mature enough to stick to a very few rules have stayed on and I am sure will tell you that they've had a very rewarding game experience.

DeletedUser

Long Live FOM!!!

F- Freedom

O- of

M- Mind!

Ookay that was weird...

Status
Not open for further replies.